What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My intro and bona fides...

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Next up is Trainwreck. I've got a plant in a gallon pot but I haven't put her down with the teenagers.

Trainwreck
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50417&pictureid=1207762&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

This plant is producing fat buds. Mildred is slim compared to Trainwreck.

Trainwreck seeds
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50417&pictureid=1207763&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I'm going to leave the seed branches on for another week.

Very nice Pakaloman. Are those seedpods splitting to expose the seed in your trainwreck seed pic? Sure looks like it. Have fun and enjoy your grandchildren this weekend!

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Very nice Pakaloman. Are those seedpods splitting to expose the seed in your trainwreck seed pic? Sure looks like it. Have fun and enjoy your grandchildren this weekend!

I'm going to let the seed branches go for another week. I don't have many seeds but what I do have a getting very plump. So I've got high hopes that I can pop them.

I'm taking my grandson to the Museum of Flight. He been bugging me to take him back there so I said if he gets straight A's then I would. So he's pulling A's in all his classes for the first 2 months of the grading period. If he keeps it up I have to get him a Kindle and the end of the grade period.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm going to let the seed branches go for another week. I don't have many seeds but what I do have a getting very plump. So I've got high hopes that I can pop them.

I'm taking my grandson to the Museum of Flight. He been bugging me to take him back there so I said if he gets straight A's then I would. So he's pulling A's in all his classes for the first 2 months of the grading period. If he keeps it up I have to get him a Kindle and the end of the grade period.

Hey, way to go! Good for him! I'm also blessed with a gifted son, he has never seen a B.. Don't know where he came from tbh. Well I do know where he gets his smarts 'caus I married her.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
The wife took the grand kids home so I cut down the ladies.

From left to right: Pitbull, Mildred and Trainwreck.

I can grow them another foot or so. I've got Chocolope and Chemdawg waiting in the teenagers room. It will be a little longer maybe next weekend. But I want to treat the room for PM with a sulfur burn first. Plus I need to clean up everything.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice pic Pakalolo! which one is going to yield most? its kinda hard to tell from the pic for me. The trainwreck appears smallest but that pic could be deceiving too. I reckon Mildred is expected to yield the most bud?

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
very nice pic Pakalolo! which one is going to yield most? its kinda hard to tell from the pic for me. The trainwreck appears smallest but that pic could be deceiving too. I reckon Mildred is expected to yield the most bud?

I think they both be close. The plant structure is different. Mildred has lots of bud branches compared to Trainwreck. Where Mildred buds are full, Trainwreck buds are fat. So Mildred has more bud but Trainwreck has bigger buds. I don't have scales so I won't know if they are close.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I've been trying to do a sulfur burn for the last few days. I finally decided that the burner I bought was defective so I bought another one from a different manufacturer. So last night I set a timer to start at 7:30pm. This is 1/2 hour after my lights go off. It was set to turn off at 9:00pm.

Boy oh boy did that new burner work. My teenager area is just below the kitchen and that is where I was sulfur burning. When my wife got home she said the smell was giving her a headache so I won't be able to burn again tonight like I planned to. I had to open up the doors and let the wind blow through to air out the house.

I'll have to do the flower area when she is gone for the night. Or I will have to do it and air the place out before she gets home. Maybe tomorrow night I can do it. She won't get home until 9:00pm or so and the lights are off at 5:00pm. I will have to harvest the seed branches but I think they are done anyway.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
tried and true commercial method for killing/warding off PM { powder mildew}.... the scourge of most PNW indoor growers......

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
tried and true commercial method for killing/warding off PM { powder mildew}.... the scourge of most PNW indoor growers......

That is the reason. PM is a systemic problem and you can get rid of the growth on the leaves with products like Serenade and Green Cure or IPM treatment with neem oil. But that is cosmetic and doesn't destroy the mycillium. Sulfur changes the pH on the leaf surface, making it unhospitable for plant growth.

But it is one nasty solution if your growing in (or under in my case) your house.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I've got a smoke report on the OG Kush I grew organically. First off the cure has made the smoke mild and not harsh. I can't tell what the flavor is so no opinion there.

What I do know is that this turned out be be better than most of my herb. It surprised me that it was stronger than I expected and lasted about 3-4 hours. I smoked it about 4 hours before I played pool and on the drive to the league play I was still wondering if I might have made a mistake smoking it. I did end up winning 7 out of 9 games but I really had to concentrate to make the balls.

So I'm pleased with the results but this is the last one for now. I've got Mildred and Trainwreck as keepers. I'm growing some new genetics so I want to see how the Sanctuary Gardens and Swami seeds turn out. I followed a seed chart when I picked the seeds so there should be a high percentage of females if the seed chart works.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Today I took down the seed branches. I pollinated them around January 21, 2014 and let them mature for 5 weeks. The pods were splitting and I could see the brown hulls with the black spots. They looked mature but I won't know until I sprout them. I'm going to sprout these in about 3 weeks and start the F1 hunt.

Breeding with a purpose is new to me. I've had females get pollinated before but that was just letting a male live. I remember my genetics from school but I'm learning more about the details now. This is just another avenue for my hobby.

Hey there,

Check out liquid sulfur for a PM cure. Spray a test plant/portion first. I use it over burning all day long. Burning is very harsh on plants stoma/stomata. Also agitates plant leaf surfaces from what I can tell.

My 2 cents

T

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Hey there,

Check out liquid sulfur for a PM cure. Spray a test plant/portion first. I use it over burning all day long. Burning is very harsh on plants stoma/stomata. Also agitates plant leaf surfaces from what I can tell.

My 2 cents

T

That's what I'm going to do. I need a spray application of sulfur. The burning is harsh in my house so it is a no go for me. My wife supports my growing but if I burn again I'll probably lose her support. Thanks for the recommendation.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Time for the weekend update on my seedlings and clones. I'll do the Sanctuary Gardens genetics first.

Goblin Queen

It looks like this plant has fully recovered from my over watering. I'm glad I learned that lesson with only the loss of Noctural. It could have been much worse.

Halo 2X

I've got 2 of these so I hope at least one is female.

Overlord

This one might be a candidate for outdoors. If it is female I will have to consider that.

Neon Purp

This is a clone so I know it is female. I'm still giddy about growing this one. She is looking good at this point.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Next up are the Swami genetics.

Mazar x Guerrero

This was the over watered seedling that was least effected by it. It is in a gallon pot and hopefully I will find out the sex in the next few weeks.

Cascadian Frost

I'm crossing my fingers on this one. I want this to be female because it is one that I will grow outside this summer.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Finally these last 2 are some seeds I'd purchased from a local dispensary and just put them into the soil without soaking or any of the SST treatment. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these but I'll see how they grow. If I like the looks of them I'll probably grow them out.

Original Diesel

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Those are my clones and seedlings. I've got some other clones but until I put them into 4" pots I'm going to leave them hidden. Anyway, cuttings aren't that interesting.

Here are my 3 teenagers that I'll be moving into the flower area next weekend.

Chocolope

Chemdawg

Trainwreck

I lollipopped these and cut the top 1' off. So they look a little strange. I'm finishing these to see how tall they get. The first run I could have grown them another foot. So I'm trying to get a feel for how tall I should let my teenagers grow before turning them.