What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

slow log...like a grow log, only slower

al-k-mist

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Thanks everyone.
Highlife45, thanks about the mango tip. if it doesnt work, iots not like it was bad, i love them. And, yeah, weve considered the goats, and the fact that drinking goatsmilk from goats who have eaten poison oak is alleged to induce immunity to that vile shit(scratch, scratch)
Vonforne, well, it mostly does now. I have felled about a dozen trees so far, with about 8 more to go. those are just the ones that, at some point in the day, add shade to the gardens or a greenhouse. Going to go ahead and saw them into 12-15 inch chunks, then see if one of our patients has a log splitter, work out a little trade. That way it can cure all summer, hopefully be ready for the winter.
Old Headbanger, yeah, we just got 2 rolls of 7' fence to keep the deer out of the orchard and the gardens.
FTI, whats up, bro?
Coldcanna- A guy on the oregon coast does these...and he actually travels into california, and probably WA too. It was definitely raw materials, but he has a JIG to bend the pipe. I saw a sick one with pvc recently, the ribs were super close together so it was tough...

The clone goddess took a shitload of clones today. I took some the other day and hardly any rooted, so she had to rescue the situation. she is greeat at it.
we took a bunch of seedlings to the small greenhouse. I added doors and rolled the wall down, and we got 6 yards of compost delivered
it is soon time to rock n roll
All of the indoor girls got just h2o and Power-ful last night. going to go see how theyre doing(light just came on, i heard the fan)
Namaste'

al-k-mist

picture.php

as you can see, this is the moms, and the baby chicks, and veggie starts, and clones, and nutes and chicken food( om-made )

picture.php

this is measuring, 4 of the 5-gallon buckets = 20 gallons per wheelbarrow load. here its between pumice and compost

picture.php

we got the fence up...mostly. hopefully itll keep the deer out, or will let me catch one in it, like a net. lol

been mixing a bit, the base soil is 3 wheelbarrow loads of pumice, compost, and peat, which is 2 bales. thats 180 gallons per pile, ive done two. about a yard each. almost. havent added ammendments
damn its hard

al-k-mist

picture.php

this is about 2 plants worth, just the base

picture.php

each 2 bales represents another 180 gallon of base mix...by hand

picture.php

veggie starts and herbs

al-k-mist

picture.php

Ahhhh, the clones have rooted...mostly. i guess 85%!

picture.php

And Big Dick O'Malley is about to shoot his stuff, it seems

Hey, Thanks, Coba. I sure hope so. its turning out that way (strawberries went in yesterday, and seventy-two 4" pots with basil went from the growroom to the greenhouse today

Slow, VF? things are going on all day every day, and I am so sore from mixing soil...my ol lady ( <3 ) made the funny comment "..what made us want to be farmers at 40?" with no farm implements, none-the less. it was just a hella deal that took every cent we had, but weve both always dreamed of organic farming (since tour in the early 90s) and its just NOW that we can. (yes we cannabis)

And FTI, we may go to october or even november, if we do 2 crops in the greenhouse. but maybe just september if we do one...I have a feeling they will be healthy!

so far i got a dozen yards of base soil mixed, tomorrow is a break (fishin, maybee)...and sunday, going to amend the soil.

what does anyone think of the 'landscape fabric' as a breathable raised bed material? with wood as a frame? that thin cheap shit, like 20 bucks for 100'...its not really hella strong, but I would end up reinforcing it with wood, in a month or so...just need something as a pot-like raised bed thingie, and i think the smartpot shit is expensive
Thanks for looking, have a grateful day
Namaste'

al-k-mist

Oh, no....the last jedi was damaged in the transport ship, and we didnt clone the one in flower. I found 2 seeds, which were from an OG male that was discarded, but had a feew flowers...I hope to pop em, because that jedi kush is the fucking jedi flowers for real(not in stealth, but in thier power)

al-k-mist

Okay everybody, some amazing discoveries
1) landscape cloth will NOT hold up the soil, in a wooden framed pot. gotta go with something stronger
2) always bring your tape measure, and measuring cup, and extension cords, or you may make 3 trips from the house to the barn and back

Anyways, about 12 yards of base soil mixed, and one pot made, that failed, but the mix was as follows
7 cups nem seed meal
7 cups kelp meal
7 cups crab meal
7 cups alfalfa meal
7 cups og fishbone meal
1 cup calphos
1 cup sulpomag
4 cups oyster shell flour
25 pounds(half a bag, about 32 cups) of basalt

thouroughly mixed with 20 five-gallon buckets of base soil, ie 100 gallons, ie about 14 cu ft

anyone think this is good, bad, or indifferent? Ive had decent results with just the kelp/crab/neem, at double that dosage...wonder wehat the alfalfa/org fishhbone meal/sulpomag/calphos will add to it? its not a lot, like 1 tbsp of the minerals, per ft, and 1/2 cup on the alf and fish
Ima let it sit for a bit, and plant cover crops of course, for a living mulch(damn ive learnbed a lot here at IC)
Got to mix a few batches. at least I can keep track of em here. Got to check on them smart pots
Oh, I asked another member who had mentioned it in the past, but I am going to start slinging horsetail, nettles, and a few other botanicals, and my friends said if I did the packaging, they'd list them on their store, on etsy. Would there bee any in particular anybody would be interested in? If we cant find them, we can grow them. Id love to grow comfrey to make compost for wormz to eat. We have a couple hundred, from workin in thegarrrrden,(worms) ive been giving them pinches of neem, alfalfa, different rock dusts, in a bed of peat and compost(wonder if they could eat those fuckin crab shells?

sorry for rambling. Got 36 clones poppin,(plant limits suck ballz) and are ready to pot up again took another round last nite
Tahoe OG.
Blue dream
blueberry headband
UK Cheese
Jack Herer (the original clone)
Vanilla, MMMmmmm goddamn thats yummy, and potent
QV ?????

somethin else
gotta go mix one more batch before nightfall

al-k-mist

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

just a few pics, the blue dream and cheese showing swelling calyxes, a sure sighn theyre already makin the seed. lotsa pollen flyin around in there, my bro say SKETCHY...because that is the grow room for all flowers. ill just clean it good next week the other pic is the roots at transplant, not too rootbound, ready to rock n roll
what MY tea looks like at 48 hrs, no heater but its in the growroom...need a heater
picture.php
picture.php

al-k-mist

so, all of the grow boxes are built for this greenhouse, soil in them, and a test chamomile plant in 3 of em. if they dont burn, then we shall plant a cover of chamomile in some, maybe a creeping mint in one

then the last one is the moms and babies, ready to rock n roll.

soil was watered in lightly, then applied a 5 gallon bucket of molasses water(1/4 cup in 5 gallons, then about 3/4 gallon act w just ewc and molasses

its on

al-k-mist

Thank you
I have 3 chamomile plants, one in each of 3 beds. they have been in there like 3 days with no signs of anything bad('nute burn', lol). so im planting like a flat or two in there, a few in each..they will grow together
anyone have any thoughts on thyme, mints, and other cullinary/aromatic/tea herbs? as ground cover in the pots? spearmint grew hella big in socal, so we couldnt use m spicata, but what about a creeping mint?(aint that a metallica song?)
thanks

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Sometimes on a Sunday morning I take my iPad and I sit down on the toilet and I go through all my favorite icmag forums in no hurry at all... That's what i thought a slow log was...

But this is better, so much better!

Mister_D

Veteran
Sometimes on a Sunday morning I take my iPad and I sit down on the toilet and I go through all my favorite icmag forums in no hurry at all... That's what thought a slow log was...

:laughing: Fuck man I laughed so hard at this. Thanks I really needed that today.

AK - The farm is shaping up nicely :biggrin:. Love seeing people do it the right way :respect:

ickyweed

Sometimes on a Sunday morning I take my iPad and I sit down on the toilet and I go through all my favorite icmag forums in no hurry at all... That's what thought a slow log was...

My gf just looked at me in disgust as I read her this post while laughing hysterically. Two thumbs up!

Edit. 5min later and she is still disgusted, and I'm still chuckling

Last edited:

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Sometimes on a Sunday morning I take my iPad and I sit down on the toilet and I go through all my favorite icmag forums in no hurry at all... That's what i thought a slow log was...

err sorry about that I sometimes forget it ain't only fellas up in here, but with a title like that I couldn't resist.

AKM that Big Dick O'malley looks like a winner man, you got more there than most seed companies today, can't wait to see the progeny test grow.

Chickens living in the veg room! man it doesn't get more organic than that.:respect: any other animals on the farm would love to see pics? Are those Douglas fir on the hillside?

I hope you have recovered from the surgery by now, you are living many a persons dream with that farm:)