What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Run it out for 3+ months - devastating

I've been a hardcore smoker for 45 years - SOL and all and then the scene in Laguna Beach and that craziness. BOEL and all

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
I call it a landrace cross for the people that can't understand the whole 'F1' thing...lol

I RARELY smoke TO...simply for the reasons stated.....some people straight nut and almost have to be baby sat...goo goo momma...goo goo.

I've often stated that any cross using TO as the seed mother simply water's it down. Still looking,still working on any cross that can be comparable to the mother TO.....even the crosses are heavy hitters.

Gascanastan

Veteran
I've got some TO that's curing (another 6 weeks to go) and this time around I ran it out for 15 weeks to alleviate psychic boredom.....

"We'll see"

TO - a straight-up F1 from 1984 - so much for the blather about how genetics can 'run out' after some period of time which is usually related to increasing seed sales.

Touching isn't it?

Soooo many growers that I would consider 'good' growers make this claim...and then I show them TO and BO.. more mythological based BS from High Times no doubt.

rrog

Veteran
Many growers comment that after many clones after clones, a strain sometimes develops flaws or deviations from the original. I once had a theory that this might be due to the clones never literally seeing the light of day (UV). People growing outside didn't seem to have this issue when I polled a group on another forum a few years ago.

Y

YosemiteSam

When you guys use rice hulls do you use them in conjunction with other drainage amendments or by themselves? They would be a most excellent source of Si given the grower knew what he was doing...yes?

Also does Naomi ship to CO...I am having a hard time sourcing some of this stuff. I went to the university extension and he told me dump some ammonium sulfate on it...that'll work. Not exactly organic central here.

Gascanastan

Veteran
The One

Notice how gawd dammed frosty this is....
After dealing with this beauty it makes the trendy "Kush' thing seem silly.

picture.php

picture.php

Here's one I took to 75-78 days I believe....

picture.php

Gascanastan

Veteran
When you guys use rice hulls do you use them in conjunction with other drainage amendments or by themselves? They would be a most excellent source of Si given the grower knew what he was doing...yes?

Also does Naomi ship to CO...I am having a hard time sourcing some of this stuff. I went to the university extension and he told me dump some ammonium sulfate on it...that'll work. Not exactly organic central here.

I use everything. When I incorporated the rice hulls I also had 3 sizes of pumice and some old large size perlite in the mix.

Diversity in drainage/aeration amendments is kewl by me..

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Yep - strain degradation indeedy! 28.5 year old plant - these are rooted and ready for planting into their final containers - 10 gallon SmartPots.

8 days to root - no rooting compounds, gels, tricks, magic - straight-up Botany

Hard to imagine isn't it?

scaled.php

Gascanastan

Veteran
I use a rooting gel..Olivia's...7 to 10 days for roots on both TO and BO. The only issues I face are the issues associated IMO with the Thai lineage...seems she does lean towards either phenotype depending on environmental conditions. Give her a Thai type situation and that becomes evident...give her a Indica situation and so does that.

Either way it's a landrace cross that wasn't linebred or worked past the F1...and to many people (such as myself) that's just fine and dandy as long as REAL medicine is the name of the game.

DARC MIND

Veteran
I've often stated that any cross using TO as the seed mother simply water's it down. Still looking,still working on any cross that can be comparable to the mother TO.....even the crosses are heavy hitters.
:bashhead:enough of the one talk,you all killing me
what ever happened to all good vibes on the NL#5/haze??? cuz thats the only cootz cut im rocking

Gascanastan

Veteran
I made the F3's and put her away in seed. I have the original male NL#5 Haze that I was gifted by some old coot...Working a BO x NL/Haze cross though...working for PM resistance and positive hybrid growth. Not only bag appeal and bud size...I'm breeding a plant not a trick.

Gascanastan

Veteran
I've got a TO x NL#5 working up through the system.

Definitely interesting structure vs. that of the parents (both)

The NL#5 x Neville's Haze is a very strong plant. PM resistant 100%...super heady 3rd eye all day long without dragging your ass around. Nothing better IMO.....A real freaking hybrid...truly a rarity in this day and age.

So looks like between me and Coot we got both old sisters (TO and B0) crossed into the NL/Haze. I've got seed but zero room to explore the line ATM.

Gascanastan

Veteran
NL/Haze stinks to HIGH heaven BTW....wooooooooo does any carbon filter work or what. I've smelled it through 3 types of high dollar filters so far. Then again I've run several #'s of the NL/Haze at once.

Comparable to the older fake Kushes like OG,SVF OG,and Pure Kush,Chem,etc...or old school pre- seed bank release REAL roadkill Skunk from the bikers circa 1981-82-ish

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
GC

Here's what I've devolved to on the rooting process - ain't much.

1 gallon of clear water
1 oz. of BioAg Fulvic acid
2 oz. Aloe vera extract
1 tsp. Dyna-Gro Pro-TeKt

I take the RapidRooters (the brand - not a knockoff not that it matters a single iota) and soak them for 'some period of time' which is usually when I remember that they're still sitting in the solution.

I take them and 'gently' squeeze out excess water/solution.

Take a 'glass' glass with the same solution and stick the cuttings in there and let them sit overnight. Next morning I stick them into the plugs, mist the inside of the clear dome and put them next to a sliding glass door.

That's it....

Crosseyed and Painless - Talking Heads

CC

Status
Not open for further replies.