• benzo
    replied
    Wow! Great thread Pinecone !
    Thanks for documenting this.
    How is the tub ? Still growing in it ? Hope all is well

Leave a comment:

• floral
    replied
    Will do, and I actually have some white clover seed sitting around. The plants I'm cutting this month were in Earth Plugs (Down To Earth's version of rapid rooter plugs, slightly less compacted). Wondering how long it will take the worms etc. to deal with the thickest part of the roots and the rooter plug. Guess there's only one way to find out...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Excellent plan, consider some clovers too!

Leave a comment:

• floral
    replied
    Belated thanks to pinecone for documenting this whole experiment. With my garden about ready for harvest I am trying to figure out my own recycling plan, and this thread has been very instructive. For now the plan is to put some placeholder herbs or brassicas, maybe basil, cilantro and kale, in the containers (outdoor 3- to 7-gal geopots) after harvest, mulch with comfrey leaf, maybe a scoop or two of worm bin life, including worms or cocoons, into the containers, and keep those going until it's time to put next year's cuts in. Been so busy with harvest prep, squinting through a crappy microscope etc., I haven't had much time for researching, though. Next up: reading all the other interesting threads in the soil recycling forum...

Thx again for a great thread.

Leave a comment:

• Pimpslapped
    replied
    Originally posted by pinecone View Post
    The pipe looking things are a perhaps misguided attempt to allow for some air exchange in the root zone as there are no drainage holes in my tote.
    Just wanted to chime in with a useless comment. I seem to remember reading a long way back about somebody doing the same thing with the pipes in soil beds. I want to say that Soma or someone had recommended having pipes in a similar setup in a soil bed, but I could be way off on the original source.

Okay, there's my useless bit. Otherwise, just wanna say great to see the grow. I really like your tote system, though you may want to consider adding some rock dusts into it for the long term. I found this thread an interesting read.
    soil remineralization: process and discussion

Keep'r Pimpin!

Leave a comment:

• exploziv
    replied
    sorry to hear that. when will you harvest them?

& hope you'll still get good smokable buds.

Leave a comment:

• heady blunts
    replied
    yarg!!!

that is a major bummer pine! i wish you strength and patience in this unfortunate situation.

Leave a comment:

• mad librettist
    replied
    doh!

Leave a comment:

• pinecone
    replied
    The lights were on when they were supposed to be off. Somehow I messed up the timer again. This explains the re-veg.

Pine

Leave a comment:

• pinecone
    replied
    This grow is at about 10 weeks and things are getting weird. First of all, the plants are not done. Secondly, they look like they are re-vegging in some instances (particularly #3 and #4). I don't know if this is genetics, my environment, or grower error. I don't like how these plants are turning out. I'm tempted to grow something else, but part of me wants to see if I can fix the problems that I've had with these plants. The other issue is that I still only have enough plant for 6 cuts and I want to sog 9-12. These things are slow growing.

Pine

all 4 plants: You can see the vegetative growth on the tops of the last two plants.

#2 top: This is really my only candidate for re-run. This one is shooting off some new growth on the top, but nothing like the others.

#4 top: crazy! and bad

the cuts

Leave a comment:

• Scrappy4
    replied
    Originally posted by Gantz View Post
    Hey PC - love your grow and the zen-like approach to soil recycling.

I don't know if the following idea is possible or if anyone has ever tried it:

You keep the rootsystem and on the day you harvest you graft a clone to that rootsystem...
    If you took the time to grow cuts until the stem sizes match up, grafting would be pointless.....scrappy

Leave a comment:

• t33to
    replied
    Originally posted by Gantz View Post

You keep the rootsystem and on the day you harvest you graft a clone to that rootsystem...
    That would be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Gantz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scrappy4
    replied
    Originally posted by pinecone View Post
    I'm pretty sure Scappy is right.
    Pine
    Wait till I tell my wife.....scrappy

Leave a comment:

• pinecone
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrappy4 View Post
    Pinecone, I think it's nutrient related.
    I'm pretty sure Scappy is right. I top dressed the EWC and water in the fish on Monday and today I noticed definite signs of greening up. Some leafs that are were half crisping and half paling green a few days ago are now crisping and green. I'm guessing that 3/4 have 3 weeks to go. The reaming one will be ready sooner.

Pine

Leave a comment:

Working...
X