What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Some interesting new tech on soil biology and electrical currents

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
My talk about soil "sparking" starting to make sense now? That pH probe is measuring something, and I think it is the ionic transfer activity, so I call it sparking. Soil that reads neutral or slightly basic pH, will measure way down as low as the 3s, when there is active root action.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
These PHD type get all famous, and a stoner's discovery goes unhearalded.

I think the spark may change as the plant roots go through the cycle and the uptake of ions changes. These two are from the same soil, treated the same with feed and nutes, watering from the same SWICK control box, but different spark readings.

KA5H:
DSC01068.JPG

Bangi Haze:
DSC01067.JPG

40degsouth

Hi everyone,
this is a very interesting topic with fantastic potential as the tech develops but I’ve been wondering if some of the results could be skewed due to the presence of salts in the soil🤔🤔

Great outdoors

Hi everyone,
this is a very interesting topic with fantastic potential as the tech develops but I’ve been wondering if some of the results could be skewed due to the presence of salts in the soil🤔🤔

Good point. Will be interesting to see where this technology goes.
I find it interesting that it does point to the possibility that paramagnetic soil findings in the past could be related as well. Possibly conduction abilities of rock dust could be a reason why it enhances soil so well.

40degsouth

Very interesting Great Outdoors.
Perhaps cations and anions May be held on these as exchange sites??? I wonder how freely they would be given up, if this is in fact the case???

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
It's probably a good thing that Nicola Tesla didn't get his wireless energy system up and running globally as it used the soil for the return circuit and that may have killed the life in the soil, on the other hand it may have boosted the soil microbes and plants too.

Latest posts

Latest posts