What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leonardite Unaltered Oxidized Lignite 70% Humic Acid Fertilizer

40degsouth

Hey everyone,
flylowgethigh, I’ve used it as a top dress and included in teas. Didn’t do any harm.
btw....how are your plants looking??
Cheers,

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have some coming via ebay. We'll see how it does with the clay soil in my garden.

The plants in the flower tent look amazing to me, cause they aren't dead. Yet.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I don't know how to find it anymore, but we were discussing cations in a soil thread, and the reason is in a cartoon I posted there. I also add a lot of ag lime, and recently chicken shit. But the real boost was the topsoil I relocated from the development next door. The clay, especially the yellow stuff I have in one spot where I dug a pond, is like a charged pile of negative ions when dry and powdered, and sticks together like a brick after getting wet and compressed. Clay is a cation, but so is the humus. Different kinds

Anyways, it is an experiment. I am trying to learn about soil, because I see how abusing it works out. I am starting my own humus factory, sorta, with compost piles. I can till the cooked compost into the soil and it will be able to work.

I am outside mowing that area now. I will get a pic showing this mystery I am fighting.

There are two different plantings here from last year. This is the poor, easily compacted yellow stuff that I have somehow gotten one planting to take. The other time, the plants are still 1" tall and will die this summer regardless of the irrigation. the plnts tht lived will hopefully get root activity in the dirt. Something I read from Clackamas Coot about clay doing as mine does, put me on this trail.

DSC00500.JPG
DSC00502.JPG

Last edited: