What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12 gallon rolling compost drum

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Mr. Bozo, Your movie explains the beauty of that drum, which is plenty big enough to support the needs of my tents. I am going to look into a concrete place that I can use a tractor bucket to fluff the stuff. Here is why... I don't have a bunch of helpers like this:

https://youtu.be/9bZXBxtpq3E?t=276

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...yeah, my grow bro had something similar to that drum and he said it was too small to hold enough material to get hot enough to compost properly.

...anyway, good luck with whatever you choose.

peace, bozo

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
So the local tractor store has one of those 80 gallon rolling drums that I can get without paying shipping. SOLD. That is how I will be making my own compost for my own soil. Start small, as they say. It will be a good way to keep my soil moist and turned as it composts for the next run, without having to shovel.

That start small shit didn't last long. I saw a tree guy who is just down the road coming home with his truck and shredder. I went and we chatted a little country redneck for a while, and he brought over a truck load of shredded tree stuff. Nice pile. He is going to be bringing me the shredded hardwood material he gets. He also has a bunch of aged shredded material that is pretty decomposed, and I may go get it too. Even closer is a horse boarding operation that I can probably get a lot of horse waste and bedding. I have leaves, plenty of old growth swampy forest bed, good pond water with lotsa fish, and plenty of ag nitrogen locally available in bulk. The air in the area is fungus central, grows moss on the tree bark. Plus already have the equipment to turn the piles, and a good size place to do it on where the soil really needs humus. I need to fix my single axle dump truck to go get that aged material.

Worms and compost farming. I like it. Great depression industry.

https://mikesbackyardnursery.com/202...-growing-soil/

Last edited: