What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis and mycorrhizal fungi

plantgrowth

I'm doing gardening for a very long time now and i can say The best way to strengthen the growth of a plant’s roots and encourage its development is by using a bio-based supplement. xxxxxxxxxx helps the roots absorb more minerals, nutrients, and water from the soil to grow into bigger and stronger plants.

Last edited by a moderator:

KIS

There are a few species that infect cannabis as others have already mentioned. Keep in mind the particular strain matters too, so not all g.intraradices is the same. And you also cannot trust the spore or propagule counts, as the Oregon dept of agriculture has shown.

Here's an interview with an Israeli scientist that specializes in mycorrhizal fungi:
https://www.kisorganics.com/blogs/p...of-yoram-kapulnik?_pos=5&_sid=59d1d08be&_ss=r

And an article that explains my thoughts on it:
https://www.kisorganics.com/blogs/n...-you-need-to-know?_pos=2&_sid=59d1d08be&_ss=r

Drewsif

I see Myc. and related fungi when I rake the soil & sometimes when I put it in bags and carry it down the hill for a home grow.

If you have a pile of bark fines or other soil mix, and seed it with fresh primo samples from a nearby forest, don't you see some of those gray streaks of fungus growing ?

How? Mycorrhizae cannot exist without roots. You are making shit up out of thin air, some bullshit someone told you on here.

St. Phatty

How? Mycorrhizae cannot exist without roots. You are making shit up out of thin air, some bullshit someone told you on here.

I have 77 square miles of natural forest behind my house.
The forest floor is covered with dead trees sticks etc.
The soil 5 feet down is full of trees that fell many years ago - with roots running everywhere from the living plants.

"Mycelia often grow underground but can also thrive in other places such as rotting tree trunks."

That's a lot of natural mycorrhizae and mycelium.

People act like the soil cultures they buy at grow stores are only available at grow stores.
They're available almost anywhere you can dig, and over time you learn where the thickest layers of soil filled with rotting trees are.
Usually at the bottom of crevices, where the winter creeks are.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mycelium+mycorrhizae

airplane

Ah... that's it.

I'll be inoculating 3 yards of soil mix in April for this season.

Promix is my usual goto brand, but I think WoW (Wallace Organic Wonder) https://wallacewow.com/products/best...5-10-20-pounds is where I'm going.

Promix says "6000 spores/g" and WoW says "300 propagules/g". I'm assuming they're the same unit of measure. If I was doing pots, I'd use the Promix.

WoW is $87 vs Promix for $195 - 5 lbs.

just started using an "incoluant" there are 3 to pick from
ProMix has one and Extreme Gardening and Dynomyco

Klompen

Cocoa mulch is by far the best fungus growing medium I've ever used. Fungus loves the stuff so much. I think there's a product called "Great White"; maybe that is what you're thinking of?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I change the microbes I add during he weekly feeding when they start flowering, so more K gets absorbed. What the soil is really working, the stuff stinks and makes my sinuses go nuts.

Three Berries

I have a low area that sometimes gets flooded and filled with corn stalks. Three of four foot deep sometimes. This makes the best soil and takes about 5 years to completely break down. But as it is it's full of fungi rooting all over. I get the same from the wood chips the electric company drops off after a year out in the rain. Some of the most varied fungi I have ever seen and fills the whole pile with it.

Latest posts

Latest posts