What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis and mycorrhizal fungi

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I could have found this on the old site, but I'll be damned if I can now.

There was a discussion on mycorrhizal fungi in which a study posted in here showed Cannabis only (or close to it) used one specific fungi. Along with the study, people were posting the brand/product with the most. Can anyone help me track this down? With the outdoor season almost upon us, it'll come in handy.

Gaussamer

Mykos has a pure mycorrhizae, not sure you can find another brand with more than that. Keep in mind it's an inoculant, how pure it is really only matters to your wallet in reality.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
photo1934142.jpg
I'm happy with mykhorriza soluble from gluckspilze.com . Has an a lot of beneficals in it and can be used for whole gardening.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Iirc white clove shares some mykho with cannabis. So a cover crop with it can help to re inoculate new seedlings/clones

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
ENDOMYCORRHIZAL INOCULUM – PTB297 Technology
Glomus intraradices: 6000 viable spores/g

That's the one that the new Pro Mix Connect uses, https://indoorgrowingcanada.com/prod...izal-inoculant

Ah... that's it.

I'll be inoculating 3 yards of soil mix in April for this season.

Promix is my usual goto brand, but I think WoW (Wallace Organic Wonder) https://wallacewow.com/products/best...5-10-20-pounds is where I'm going.

Promix says "6000 spores/g" and WoW says "300 propagules/g". I'm assuming they're the same unit of measure. If I was doing pots, I'd use the Promix.

WoW is $87 vs Promix for $195 - 5 lbs.

Attachments

• photo1950815.jpg
    photo1950815.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 56
  • attach17813888.jpg
    attach17813888.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 53

TPFTFW

Veteran
Yeah can anyone explain what the difference in those terms are.. propagules vs spore colonies vs spores etc

clearheaded

well propagules count spores and peices of hyphae myc etc per gram.. so in one hand if fresh hyphae should grow faster then spore by a few days at least. but spores are likely to last longer in storage and there is no way to know if 99%is spores and 1% others in the propagules count. more concentrated isnt better as harder to get over larger surface area but if same price per gram then the higher count the better. spores might weight more then hyphae but still. CFU colony forming units i think is the same as propagules. and spores is just spores per gram. keep in mind u could make alot of propugules depending on how fine u chop the pieces up.

dynomyco i think uses the same glomus and prob cheaper.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Imo propagule is more a term for plant seeds and all the other reproductive stuff.
U determin the cfu via growing out the spores on agar so its the better unit imo because it gives u the number of viable spores.

Cvh

Supermod
I could have found this on the old site, but I'll be damned if I can now.

There was a discussion on mycorrhizal fungi in which a study posted in here showed Cannabis only (or close to it) used one specific fungi. Along with the study, people were posting the brand/product with the most. Can anyone help me track this down? With the outdoor season almost upon us, it'll come in handy.

TychoMonolyth I think you're referring to the following thread.
https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...rrhizae-products-what-do-you-swear-by-and-why

Cvh

Supermod
Also maybe check out the post I had made into that thread.
https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...6#post11693666

How I understand it there is according to current scientific research indeed only one mycorrhizae that creates an interesting symbiotic relationship with Cannabis: Glomus Intraradices (aka Rhizophagus Intraradices).
There are several other mycorrhizae which create a symbiotic relationship, but current research shows that these aren't all interesting and might even be detrimental.

Also don't confuse endophytes with endomycorrhizae.

Here is a link to an interesting article
https://groweriq.ca/2018/11/29/living-soil-improves-cannabis-growth/

And a link to the scientific research that is mentionned in the above article about Glomus Mosseae. Which shows that G. Mosseae might be detrimental for Cannabis.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0045653504009634

This doesn't proof that only Glomus Intraradices (aka Rhizophagus Intraradices) is the only interesting mycorrhizae. Maybe future research shows that more mycorrhizae form an interesting symbiotic relationship with Cannabis. And maybe that future research shows that G. Mosseae might be usefull for the uptake of micronutrients.

Edit: Glomus Intraradices is indeed the old name.
Recent molecular analysis of Ribosomal DNA suggested that Glomus Intraradices is not in fact in the genus Glomus at all, and should be renamed Rhizophagus Intraradices.

St. Phatty

I see Myc. and related fungi when I rake the soil & sometimes when I put it in bags and carry it down the hill for a home grow.

If you have a pile of bark fines or other soil mix, and seed it with fresh primo samples from a nearby forest, don't you see some of those gray streaks of fungus growing ?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I see Myc. and related fungi when I rake the soil & sometimes when I put it in bags and carry it down the hill for a home grow.

If you have a pile of bark fines or other soil mix, and seed it with fresh primo samples from a nearby forest, don't you see some of those gray streaks of fungus growing ?
How to collect and grow it with rice.

Part 1

Part 2

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I'll vouch for Wallace's Organic Wonder. Inexpensive and only the fungi known to work with cannabis included. ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts