I really need some help- ORGANICS. very frustrated. with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really need some help- ORGANICS. very frustrated. with pics

well i have posted here in the infirmary here recently and now my problem is getting worse, and i really need some expert advice, as i am beyond frustrated. and i cant figure out what to do.

basic background-

sour diesel, nyc diesel, golden goat all are different sizes
    400w mh
    temps and humidity are ideal
    ventilation is ideal
    secret jardin tent

LC's soiless mix
    6 parts pro mix hp
    2 parts EWC
    2 parts perlite
    1 cup powdered olomite lime

Soilless PH= around 7

they were doing well up until i fed them this TEA mixture for the first time in veg at about a foot + tall...
    the more mature plants are the ones being effected mainly.

@ 1/2 strength i fed them recipe number 3 under organics for beginners EXACTLY as recommended.

EWC
    mexican bat guano
    peruvian seabird guano
    liquid karma
    maxicrop soluble seaweed 1-0-2 (i was waiting on the 1-0-4)
    black strap molasses with bubbled non chlorine, oxygenated with air stone tap water
    made into a nice foamy tea

PH= around 6.5 when ready.
    i did not get a runoff PH
    i did however get a runoff with just water through soilless mix
    with a ph of 6.5-7

now what it looks like to me and what ive read and read and read about is either a soil PH problem=7- neutral and is causing deficiencies. like phosphorus perhaps?

im getting yellowing with brownish necrotic spots, and it has a blueish tint to them. with upward curling

the other plant is showing these signs and progressing
    brownish reddish spots, yellowing, etc.

now i can only almost narrow this down to almost 3 possibilities

soil PH is too high and is locking out nutrients? if so what should i do to amend the soil to lower the PH?

i did not feed them enough when i did and theyre deficient in the nutrient thats showing? if that could be it, what does it look like they need?

or they are just simply too tall and are ready to be flowered and wanting more phosphorus and less nitrogen?

because the smaller girls of the same strain arent showing the same problems...

so sometimes i tend to way over think things, then i get frustrated with everything because its hard to sort out at the time of frustration. and maybe this is what im doing. maybe i should go with the theory-
    "the simplest explanation tends to be the correct one"

and go with the idea of flowering them out.
    but what should i do to fix this issue prior to flowering?
    or should i start to flower them, and give them a 1/4- 1/2 strength
    FLOWERING tea mix?

please help me out i am beyond frustrated!!!!!

questions are welcome and if i need to provide more pictures i can sure do that.
    thanks~ ITU

how long have they been in their pots and how big are the pots???

could they be rootbound?
    My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
    -----
    To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
    Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Are all the leaves spotting or just a few here and there? If it's just a few, I wouldn't panic. Looks like 2 pics or the same leaf. How about an overall photo showing the general health of the plant?
      Pure Organics

Definition of a "racist" or a "denier".
      A clear thinking conservative that is winning an argument with a liberal

Comment

Originally posted by VerdantGreen View Post
        how long have they been in their pots and how big are the pots???

could they be rootbound?

i got them as clones, with some decent root structure,
        put them in #3 containers

no i do not think theyre rootbound

Comment

Originally posted by grapeman View Post
          Are all the leaves spotting or just a few here and there? If it's just a few, I wouldn't panic. Looks like 2 pics or the same leaf. How about an overall photo showing the general health of the plant?
          its a few here and there but it is spreading. there is definitely something to be worried about i think...
          does it look like a cal/mag deficiency possibly?

Comment

Originally posted by intotheunknown View Post
            i got them as clones, with some decent root structure,
            put them in #3 containers

no i do not think theyre rootbound
            have you looked? if theyve been in a pot more than a couple of weeks then its a possibility, and the pics you have shown are consistent with what rootbound plants can look like.

how big are the containers and how long have they been in them?
            sorry im in uk and dont know about the pot numbers.
            My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
            -----
            To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
            Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

I agree with Verdant....looks (keyword "looks") like rootbound issues by the leaf shots.
              BMR in flower
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=170303

Topsoil in the soil mix
              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=153542

Provider for cardholders organic medicine and organic medicated edibles..."we're primed and we're ready to go toe to toe with disease"

Comment

My guess is rust (fungus) but could easily be wrong. I've seen it start this way with the lightening followed by the 'rust' spots. If it was my problem I'd use quality compost tea but I'm assuming you do not have a brewer. Outside of that I'd try growing some Trichoderma overnight and foliar spray or use some other fungicide.

Anybody else think this is rust? I've had rust caused before by commercial worm castings which were not finished. I know it was the castings because my buddy 100 miles away had an identical problem but because your troubles showed up after the 'tea' I'd say it was caused by something in the mix.
                “If only ignorant and gullible people accepted far-fetched ideas, little else would be needed to explain the abundance of folly in modern society.” ~ Barry L. Beyerstein

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
                What do you do, sir?"

~John Maynard Keynes~

The thing which man is most sure of, is man's greatest mystery.....gravity. ~ tjw

Comment

Originally posted by VerdantGreen View Post
                  have you looked? if theyve been in a pot more than a couple of weeks then its a possibility, and the pics you have shown are consistent with what rootbound plants can look like.

how big are the containers and how long have they been in them?
                  sorry im in uk and dont know about the pot numbers.
                  i believe they are 3 or slightly more gallon containers.
                  they have been in there for about 3 weeks- maybe close to a month

Comment

Originally posted by Microbeman View Post
                    My guess is rust (fungus) but could easily be wrong. I've seen it start this way with the lightening followed by the 'rust' spots. If it was my problem I'd use quality compost tea but I'm assuming you do not have a brewer. Outside of that I'd try growing some Trichoderma overnight and foliar spray or use some other fungicide.

Anybody else think this is rust? I've had rust caused before by commercial worm castings which were not finished. I know it was the castings because my buddy 100 miles away had an identical problem but because your troubles showed up after the 'tea' I'd say it was caused by something in the mix.
                    the first mix i gave them was strictly an EWC and black strap molasses tea. they responded really well to it and i didnt have any of the seen problems. i gave them 2 waterings after that with plain water and i started seeing (what i thought to be wanting more) so i fed them the 1/2 strength veg mix and after that it started showing the problem.

Comment

here are some more pics

Comment

Here are some examples I garnered from the web
                        Attached Files
                        “If only ignorant and gullible people accepted far-fetched ideas, little else would be needed to explain the abundance of folly in modern society.” ~ Barry L. Beyerstein

What do you do, sir?"

~John Maynard Keynes~

The thing which man is most sure of, is man's greatest mystery.....gravity. ~ tjw

Comment

Sulphur may be another alternative if indeed it is rust. Hey Grapeman, you must be familiar with rust as a farmer, especially if you grow grapes. What do you think?

Unknown; Did you spray your tea on the leaves?

What do you do, sir?"

~John Maynard Keynes~

Comment

Here are some examples I garnered from the web
                            so those are supposedly a fungus problem?

those look pretty damn similar to my problem...

Comment

Sulphur may be another alternative if indeed it is rust. Hey Grapeman, you must be familiar with rust as a farmer, especially if you grow grapes. What do you think?

Unknown; Did you spray your tea on the leaves?

no i did not, i have not foliar fed anything but water once or twice at lights out. i have only fed them through the roots.

Comment

Working...
                              X