What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I really need some help- ORGANICS. very frustrated. with pics

intotheunknown

Veteran
well i have posted here in the infirmary here recently and now my problem is getting worse, and i really need some expert advice, as i am beyond frustrated. and i cant figure out what to do.

basic background-

sour diesel, nyc diesel, golden goat all are different sizes
400w mh
temps and humidity are ideal
ventilation is ideal
secret jardin tent

LC's soiless mix
6 parts pro mix hp
2 parts EWC
2 parts perlite
1 cup powdered olomite lime

Soilless PH= around 7

they were doing well up until i fed them this TEA mixture for the first time in veg at about a foot + tall...
the more mature plants are the ones being effected mainly.

@ 1/2 strength i fed them recipe number 3 under organics for beginners EXACTLY as recommended.

EWC
mexican bat guano
peruvian seabird guano
liquid karma
maxicrop soluble seaweed 1-0-2 (i was waiting on the 1-0-4)
black strap molasses with bubbled non chlorine, oxygenated with air stone tap water
made into a nice foamy tea

PH= around 6.5 when ready.
i did not get a runoff PH
i did however get a runoff with just water through soilless mix
with a ph of 6.5-7

now what it looks like to me and what ive read and read and read about is either a soil PH problem=7- neutral and is causing deficiencies. like phosphorus perhaps?

im getting yellowing with brownish necrotic spots, and it has a blueish tint to them. with upward curling
leaf003.jpg

leaf002.jpg

the other plant is showing these signs and progressing
brownish reddish spots, yellowing, etc.
leaf004.jpg

leaf005.jpg

now i can only almost narrow this down to almost 3 possibilities

soil PH is too high and is locking out nutrients? if so what should i do to amend the soil to lower the PH?

i did not feed them enough when i did and theyre deficient in the nutrient thats showing? if that could be it, what does it look like they need?

or they are just simply too tall and are ready to be flowered and wanting more phosphorus and less nitrogen?

because the smaller girls of the same strain arent showing the same problems...

so sometimes i tend to way over think things, then i get frustrated with everything because its hard to sort out at the time of frustration. and maybe this is what im doing. maybe i should go with the theory-
"the simplest explanation tends to be the correct one"

and go with the idea of flowering them out.
but what should i do to fix this issue prior to flowering?
or should i start to flower them, and give them a 1/4- 1/2 strength
FLOWERING tea mix?

please help me out i am beyond frustrated!!!!!

questions are welcome and if i need to provide more pictures i can sure do that.
thanks~ ITU

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how long have they been in their pots and how big are the pots???

could they be rootbound?

grapeman

Veteran
Are all the leaves spotting or just a few here and there? If it's just a few, I wouldn't panic. Looks like 2 pics or the same leaf. How about an overall photo showing the general health of the plant?

intotheunknown

Veteran
Are all the leaves spotting or just a few here and there? If it's just a few, I wouldn't panic. Looks like 2 pics or the same leaf. How about an overall photo showing the general health of the plant?

its a few here and there but it is spreading. there is definitely something to be worried about i think...
does it look like a cal/mag deficiency possibly?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i got them as clones, with some decent root structure,
put them in #3 containers

no i do not think theyre rootbound

have you looked? if theyve been in a pot more than a couple of weeks then its a possibility, and the pics you have shown are consistent with what rootbound plants can look like.

how big are the containers and how long have they been in them?
sorry im in uk and dont know about the pot numbers.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I agree with Verdant....looks (keyword "looks") like rootbound issues by the leaf shots.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My guess is rust (fungus) but could easily be wrong. I've seen it start this way with the lightening followed by the 'rust' spots. If it was my problem I'd use quality compost tea but I'm assuming you do not have a brewer. Outside of that I'd try growing some Trichoderma overnight and foliar spray or use some other fungicide.

Anybody else think this is rust? I've had rust caused before by commercial worm castings which were not finished. I know it was the castings because my buddy 100 miles away had an identical problem but because your troubles showed up after the 'tea' I'd say it was caused by something in the mix.

intotheunknown

Veteran
have you looked? if theyve been in a pot more than a couple of weeks then its a possibility, and the pics you have shown are consistent with what rootbound plants can look like.

how big are the containers and how long have they been in them?
sorry im in uk and dont know about the pot numbers.

i believe they are 3 or slightly more gallon containers.
they have been in there for about 3 weeks- maybe close to a month

intotheunknown

Veteran
My guess is rust (fungus) but could easily be wrong. I've seen it start this way with the lightening followed by the 'rust' spots. If it was my problem I'd use quality compost tea but I'm assuming you do not have a brewer. Outside of that I'd try growing some Trichoderma overnight and foliar spray or use some other fungicide.

Anybody else think this is rust? I've had rust caused before by commercial worm castings which were not finished. I know it was the castings because my buddy 100 miles away had an identical problem but because your troubles showed up after the 'tea' I'd say it was caused by something in the mix.

the first mix i gave them was strictly an EWC and black strap molasses tea. they responded really well to it and i didnt have any of the seen problems. i gave them 2 waterings after that with plain water and i started seeing (what i thought to be wanting more) so i fed them the 1/2 strength veg mix and after that it started showing the problem.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are some examples I garnered from the web

Attachments

• rust1.jpg
    rust1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 9
  • safflower rust.jpg
    safflower rust.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 9
  • soybean_rust.jpg
    soybean_rust.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 10

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sulphur may be another alternative if indeed it is rust. Hey Grapeman, you must be familiar with rust as a farmer, especially if you grow grapes. What do you think?

Unknown; Did you spray your tea on the leaves?

intotheunknown

Veteran
Sulphur may be another alternative if indeed it is rust. Hey Grapeman, you must be familiar with rust as a farmer, especially if you grow grapes. What do you think?

Unknown; Did you spray your tea on the leaves?

no i did not, i have not foliar fed anything but water once or twice at lights out. i have only fed them through the roots.

intotheunknown

Veteran
whole plants pictures

whole plants pictures

here are overall health of the plants in question.

this one is the worst of them all. and the leaf picture that has the most "rust" or spots came from this plant

overallhealth001.jpg

these are the others in question that are starting to do the same thing, and the newest pictures of the leaves is where those came from.

overallhealth003.jpg

overallhealth005.jpg

andl

tried an other fertilizer and had same problems after 3 weks of flowering.

also my ph was high like yours its to high

go down to ph 6.0.6.2

and if just middle and upper leafes are affected dont add more nutes wait 10 days then add 1/4 strength.

PS: look the tips of the newer growth looks burned dont add any nutes !

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
tried an other fertilizer and had same problems after 3 weks of flowering.

also my ph was high like yours its to high

go down to ph 6.0.6.2

and if just middle and upper leafes are affected dont add more nutes wait 10 days then add 1/4 strength.

PS: look the tips of the newer growth looks burned dont add any nutes !

i disagree...i think they look hungry and a little on the light side...i would go buy some age old organics and feed them a little bit of that...

T

treefrog

I see two things from those plants.

1. I think they could use some N. They are quite light green.

2. They also look to be in need of mag, which coincidentally, they need to process the N.
The yellowing between the veins, as well as the leaf cupping that is going on, are classic mag deficiency signs.
Also, mag deficiency, when left untreated, will create necrotic spots between the veins.

I'd give them some mag and N, in whatever form you prefer, but that's just what I'd do..

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Changing my guess...............Locked out! Stop adding things,they are not that bad.
How are the temps? Do you think you may be over watering,or not watering enough?