What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with jacks

ZeroSkill

I'm trying to buy some jacks, but i have a few questions.

I'm running an RDWC with about 35 gallons. 4 pots.
Water is RO

was thinking of getting the Jacks RO. Does that replace part A? a+b?

BillFarthing

Veteran
Jack's RO is complete and replaces both part A and Part B.

You might want to invest in some hypochlorous acid to keep everything clean too.

ZeroSkill

T hanks for the reply. Actually ended up going with Masterblend Tomato formula, with Cal Nitrate and Epsom. Turns out, the plant is an hour from my house, so much cheaper and easier to acquire. Yay no shipping.

I have Mr. Fulvic. Some B52. Southern AG Garden Friendly Fungicide.

was thinking of getting some flower fuel and potassium silicate to go with it. But i really know nothing about nutes, so I'll take any advice i can get on a feed schedule and what to supplement with.

negative37dBA

Veteran
I know this is a aging thread....I mean what is not around here now a days? I run Jacks with almost the same system and size you do. I am on my second run with it and have had great results. If you need any help let me know. I mix mine as a concentrate then use it like regular bottles nutes. Have a good one!
Peace, negative.

ledtime

I know this is a aging thread....I mean what is not around here now a days? I run Jacks with almost the same system and size you do. I am on my second run with it and have had great results. If you need any help let me know. I mix mine as a concentrate then use it like regular bottles nutes. Have a good one!
Peace, negative.

Hey! What is your measured dilution? Are you running the standard 3/2/1?

shambler

Peace, negative.

Some fertilizers don't play well together in concentrate form. I'm assuming you are mixing part 2 by it's self. Then just 3 by it's self or 3 and 1 together. But i could be wrong here and i hope someone that is more familiar with concentrates chimes in, the part 3 (Hydro) has micro nutrients, and i thought that there were some micro nutrients that also didn't mix well together in concentration. I'd like to know myself if its no big deal, because I'd also would mix up some concentrate 321 myself.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Sweet, we got some Jacks love in here... So I run basically 3-2-1. I have ran the MPK version but I am liking what I am seeing with the standard 3-2-1 ratio. I grow GG4 from clone and it is liking it a lot.
shambler...yes some things don't get along in concentrate from..that is correct. You mix the part "a" with the epsoms The part "b" or cal nit stays alone.
Here is my exact mix to make a concentrate. When used at 10-12ml per liter it will get you the 700 or so ppm you are looking for.
1st bottle.
1000ml of R/O water.
220 grams of Jack Professional 5-12-26
72.5 grams of Epsoms.
Mix well separately in a larger container then pour into your 1qt nute bottle. You have the option of adding Sodium Benzoate as a preservative. I have had good luck with it for longer term storage. Lately I go through it so fast I have found no need for it.
That is part "A".
2nd bottle.
1000 ml R/O water.
145 grams of Cal Nit.
That is part"B".
Same deal, mix well then put in a 1qt nute bottle.
Now you can use it just like bottled nutes and don't have to mix a fresh batch every time. You can adjust it to suit your needs but I find the basic mix works well for me. Other strains may vary.
Here is my Glue at day 12 of flower. All Jacks all the way from veg to now. Always fed at least 750 ppm even in early veg. I don't really adjust how strong the feed is by how old they are...that's a myth.
fetch?photoid=17942491.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17942491.jpg Views:	1 Size:	172.5 KB ID:	17942497

I am finding Jacks to be SUPER cheap compared to reg bottled nutes. It is costing me literally pennies to change out a 32 gallon system. It cheap enough that I use it on my berries and veg beds to.
Here is one of the Jars I have from last run...all with Jacks. It is awesome.
fetch?photoid=17934386.jpg

Jacks is the real deal and it kicks ass.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

Last edited: