What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are there any 100% pharmaceutical grade nutrients out there?

little-soldier

Hello fellow ICMAGERS,

I was speaking with a supposedly master grower and he was telling me that House and garden nutrients are 100% pharmaceutical grade nutrients where as advanced nutrients bottles only contain some pharmaceutical grade nutrients. I tried to do a little research and the only place the House and Garden website mentions anything about pharmaceutical grade is their COCO brand. BUT it does not seem to be 100% since they said it was both food grade and pharmaceutical. As for the Advanced Nutrients website, I've only seen that their products are Derived from pharmaceutical grade but no where does it say 100%. I'm wondering if a 100% pharmaceutical grade nutrients even exists. Probably too expensive to make but who knows...

TdotGonG

as long as the china chems don't come with bat flu I'm ok buyin em EH!

but yea it would make no sense to get pharm grade chems. if its even a thing. I mean usually chemicals are chemicals. unless they have a addetive to carry or suspend or what ever it's called. One of the chemicals guys on here will chime in.

drosera420

Premium user
No need for anything that fancy. For the purposes of feeding the weeds your basics do just fine. Those ingredients in the fert. don't need to pass any USP tests, not like your going direct to the xylem with a hot load. Save your cash.

WelderDan

Veteran
Pharmaceutical grade nutrients? I wasn't aware that there was such a thing, and I don't think the plant really gives a shit.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Cannabis is a C3 plant, essentially a weed. Why would you need anything more than food grade?

Pharmaceutical grade fertilizer sounds like a way to justify paying more "green tax" at the hydro store.

BongFu

Nope. Pharmaceutical grade fertilizers are between 10 - 100 times more expensive than standard Ag grade fertilizers and in terms of heavy metals there's almost nothing in it. Fertilizers such as calcium nitrate can't even be purchased as pharmaceutical grade - albeit they can be purchased as analytical grade for exorbitant sums of money. Basically though if a manufacturer used pharmaceutical and analytical grade fertilizers to produce their products the production price per litre would be far more than the retail sales price. House and Garden have never claimed they produce using pharmaceutical grade fertilizers. Only the shady companies such as Advanced Nutrients, Dutchmaster (pharmaceutical grade Phosphoload anyone?) and Cyco (pharmaceutical grade PGRs aka Cyco Flower A and B - the rest of our formulas along with our bullshit marketing we ripped off from Advanced Nutrients) make these claims.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Ive used DutchMaster nutes in the past, they were pharmaceutical grade. biggest buds I've ever grown, harsh smoke though. Grower error maybe, although I did flush the leaves didn't fade from dark green much at all. Too much N in bloom. Been in organic soil since.

BongFu

Ive used DutchMaster nutes in the past, they were pharmaceutical grade. biggest buds I've ever grown, harsh smoke though. Grower error maybe, although I did flush the leaves didn't fade from dark green much at all. Too much N in bloom. Been in organic soil since.

Yep right. You mean they marketed bullshit to you and you bought it. And no I can assure you they weren't pharmaceutical grade fertilizers being used. You're talking about a company that flogged Alar and Paclobutrazol as an organic additive. Yes. Absolutely! Dutchmaster wouldn't lie to you :good:

little-soldier

I spoke with a cyco rep from canada and he says that they don't have PGRs in their canadian formula but who really knows. Not like he is the one who tested it, hes just a puppet. I know some of the nutrients are being tested and taken off the market by the government here in canada but there is so much corruption in this world that you can't even trust anyone. Been living a lie since 1984 and wondering wtf Im doing here. I'm just a useless eater about to get vaccinated by our masters who want to make this world a safer place. I'm just doing what I am told and don't like to question anything because its a waste of time and I am part of the silent majority.
Thx for your help guys. Catch you on the other side..If there is one..

BongFu

I spoke with a cyco rep from canada and he says that they don't have PGRs in their canadian formula but who really knows. Not like he is the one who tested it, hes just a puppet. I know some of the nutrients are being tested and taken off the market by the government here in canada but there is so much corruption in this world that you can't even trust anyone. Been living a lie since 1984 and wondering wtf Im doing here. I'm just a useless eater about to get vaccinated by our masters who want to make this world a safer place. I'm just doing what I am told and don't like to question anything because its a waste of time and I am part of the silent majority.
Thx for your help guys. Catch you on the other side..If there is one..

Yep other than tiny amounts of micro nutrients which combine bog standard Ag grade micros with amino chelates they also don't have pharmaceutical grade fertilizers in their formulas. Did the salesman mention this? Why shop with a company that spins lies to flog their multi additive and substandard products to you? Support ethical companies.

Vandenberg

Its not a fantasy although marketing

Its not a fantasy although marketing

Can certainly be deceptive. ( i.e. the marketers/hucksters usually are a bunch of ethically challenged salesmen. )
When using pharmaceutical grade/human consumption graded nutrients such as the " Canna" branded A & B 2 part fertilizer their is not an accumulation of heavy metals which is very common when using standard issue agricultura/ horticulturall grade fertilizers, which is why "The Flush" has become such a popular remedy to fertilizer salt accumulation.
Laboratory analysis routinely verify the presence of Heavy Metals in cannabis and its various end products. The fertilizer is the probable vector in most cases.
Other people, myself included, have found that a flush is not a thing that needs to occur due to the over-all purity of Canna Coco A& B salts being used.
"The proof is in the pudding" is the old adage that applies here. It does make really good pudding'. :)
Just get your wallet out. :(

I would be interested in knowing the answer to the original posters question that was asked as to what other brands are currently marketed that claim to be comprised of only "pharmaceutical quality" graded fertilizer salts.

Vandenberg :)

Fitzera

Sounds very much like the supplement industry, they almost all claim to be pharmaceutical grade this and that. It's all marketing and the ones who push it more or the ones further from it.

This guy says agricultural grade nutes are radioactive poison. And he has 16% terps that ooze down the jar.
[YOUTUBEIF]https://youtu.be/Of2LlrS8C7A[/YOUTUBEIF]

CaptainDankness

Hello fellow ICMAGERS,

I was speaking with a supposedly master grower and he was telling me that House and garden nutrients are 100% pharmaceutical grade nutrients where as advanced nutrients bottles only contain some pharmaceutical grade nutrients. I tried to do a little research and the only place the House and Garden website mentions anything about pharmaceutical grade is their COCO brand. BUT it does not seem to be 100% since they said it was both food grade and pharmaceutical. As for the Advanced Nutrients website, I've only seen that their products are Derived from pharmaceutical grade but no where does it say 100%. I'm wondering if a 100% pharmaceutical grade nutrients even exists. Probably too expensive to make but who knows...

Jack's Classic for the win, Advance nutrients are watered down snake oil. I tried both on the same clones and haven't looked back at any of them bottled nutrients.

It's the greatest nutrients you can buy, cause it's so cheap you can still use it for tomatoes, peppers, flowers and all, shit I can afford to fertilize the yard if I wanted to and it's just as good as Advanced Nutrients for bud too, tried Technoflora too, just no better than Jack's Classic that's been around forever.

CaptainDankness

This guy says agricultural grade nutes are radioactive poison. And he has 16% terps that ooze down the jar.
[YOUTUBEIF]Of2LlrS8C7A[/YOUTUBEIF]

You have to delete the youtube part. https://youtu.be/ just this part Of2LlrS8C7A :tiphat:

Definitely sounds like bullshit, but I have to watch it. Edit: I guess not definitely don't have over 2 hours for a guy to tell me the nutrients contain radioactive poison when they have been on everything we eat for over 100 years.

Latest posts

Latest posts