What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

BillFarthing

Veteran
Maybe the calcium was the issue the whole time? I stayed away from calmag because the nitrogen wasn't what I was looking for. This time I added the Mendocino flowering cal mag for the calcium instead of just Epsom salt.

Mendo Flowering Cal-Mag is awesome. So is Calcium EDTA or Calcium acetate 1g./5-10 gallons water. Epsom salt supplementation as needed. Always check your pH.

Which of Jack's products would you recommend if I'm using RO water? I think I'll buy some next week when my bloom jug runs out. I'm thinking I'll stick with the power si, flowering Cal mag, the fulvic you recommended earlier in the thread the (name of which I can't remember at the moment).

Jack's RO is a 1-part that is awesome for RO water. I'm not sure of the calcium content. Jack's 3-2-1 is extensively written about in the forums here.

Mr. Fulvic is the fulvic acid I always recommend. It's a liquid concentrate to save the amino and organic acids that no other dry soluble products have. I haven't re-ordered in a while, but the "GrowBig20" discount on the website should still work.

I felt that B'cuzz bloom always enhanced the flavor and made the colors a slight bit more vibrant. I always told everybody it'll bring your product from a 9.5 to a 9.7. just a teeny tiny bit of that something extra. I know it's basically just some sort of fancy seaweed formulation. Any recommendations on a replacement for that? Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Kelp soluble extract (ascophyllum nodosum) from Custom Hydro Nutrients or Technaflora. 1g/5-10 gallons at transition will make your plants stack and prevent stretch.

tomatolover

Hey Bill,

This is a great thread and learned a lot!

I wanted to know your opinion on HGV Nutrients, Ambrosia Cropz, or Floraflex.

I ask because I'm working with someone, and I want to make things as easy as possible. I do understand Jacks might need some time to get properly dialed in, and to convince someone to go with salts it should be done as easily as possible.

Thanks!

BillFarthing

Veteran
I always advocate Jack's and Masterblend for the price because HGV, Abrosia and Floraflex are all have hydro store "green tax" markup.

Out of the three, I have seen HGV used the most successful in a commercial environment simply following their feed chart.

Nope. Soluble silica, Jacks or Masterblend, calcium nitrate, and Mr. Fulvic.

Sanity check: How should I be adding grow genius to my existing, already mixed up reservoir? my current order of operations is jacks base, epsom, calnit, hammerhead, sweet candy by greenleaf, grow genius, mr fulvic, then some orca that's doing a great job keeping my res clear enough. all these are being thrown directly into the res and allowed to stir before the next, but should I be adding the silica to the clean water that I add to the res in the beginning? Or something else entirely?

tomatolover

I always advocate Jack's and Masterblend for the price because HGV, Abrosia and Floraflex are all have hydro store "green tax" markup.

Out of the three, I have seen HGV used the most successful in a commercial environment simply following their feed chart.

Yes, thank you! Just hard to convince someone growing fire to switch.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Sanity check: How should I be adding grow genius to my existing, already mixed up reservoir? my current order of operations is jacks base, epsom, calnit, hammerhead, sweet candy by greenleaf, grow genius, mr fulvic, then some orca that's doing a great job keeping my res clear enough. all these are being thrown directly into the res and allowed to stir before the next, but should I be adding the silica to the clean water that I add to the res in the beginning? Or something else entirely?

Add silica first to prevent contradictions with fulvic and maximize solubility of all parts.

OnThePipe

Great post, thanks Bill. First time using Jack's and 321. Is the GrowMore Cal-Mag added first to water (prior to Jack's) during transistion?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Bill, I'm back with more silica questions.

When do you stop? After stretch, mid flower, whole run?
​​​​​​do you use high mls when trying to reduce stretch?

Foliar?

BillFarthing

Veteran
As far as addition order, it's not hard and proven science. Silica first, additives last. As long as they are dissolved completely, inputs could be added in any order.

Bill, I'm back with more silica questions.

When do you stop? After stretch, mid flower, whole run?
​​​​​​do you use high mls when trying to reduce stretch?

Foliar?

Some people stop silica after transition. Some people stop silica before flush if they want PGR looking nugs that are popular these days.

I'm not sure silica prevents stretch like kelp and a calcium bump at transition does.

Silica foliar is another way to give the plant more available Si and may prevent and fight PM.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
As far as addition order, it's not hard and proven science. Silica first, additives last. As long as they are dissolved completely, inputs could be added in any order.

Some people stop silica after transition. Some people stop silica before flush if they want PGR looking nugs that are popular these days.

I'm not sure silica prevents stretch like kelp and a calcium bump at transition does.

Silica foliar is another way to give the plant more available Si and may prevent and fight PM.

I saw a chart for PowerSi that said .5 ml for regular, and I think it said 4 or 5ml per gal to reduce stretch in transition.
THats new for me

Principante8

Hi Bill, I got these feed charts from the Jr Peter's website. Cannabis and hemp schedule. There's products on here you didn't mention. Should I stick to what you recommend earlier in the thread or go with their cannabis recipe? Have you tried this schedule? I was going to purchase the 321 package but now that I've seen this I'm not sure. I've never seen anyone mention the bloom or finish. Some people on the forum say they had problems with 321 in veg but most folks on there are aren't good growers so I thought I'd ask you for more advice. Thanks

Principante8

Screenshot_20211104-094550.png
Screenshot_20211104-094454.png

Principante8

Is there gold flakes or diamond dust in the Jr Peters magnesium sulfate? $71 for 25 pounds and Walmart has it $5 for 8 pounds so roughly $16 for 25 pounds. Quite a difference. I thought epsom was pretty much all the same? Is the Jack's product super concentrated or....? Thanks

mexweed

Veteran
no it's just a dry bagged version of bottled bs where there is a specific recipe for transition etc so you end up with a bunch of bottles, 321 is proven, masterblend is 221 so you're using less, I didn't even get the larger bulk sizes of all the stuff and I'm under $10 a grow

look at the 321 kits available from places other than the company site they have a different brand epsom

Legalcdn

No magic dust, just overpriced. No one buys the mag sulf. If they do, only once and realize it is the same as wallyworld. Also look at hydro gardens chem gro 4-20-39. It's based out of Colorado.

if you are not autowatering, greenleaf nutrients sell jack equivalent 5-12-26 for cheap. Cal-nit, i buy yara.

Bill has good recipes on his open salt webpage.

Principante8

Anyone using jacks 321 in rockwool? I've been using coco and if I remember correctly ( which I most of the time don't) Bill said he was using coco, which is why I was interested in this thread. My pink jug of GH ran out so it's time to mix up my first couple of barrels of Jack's 321. I received some plants in 4x4 rockwool cubes so this round will have both coco and rockwool. Any suggestions on what I should do different for each mix? Thanks very much

Three Berries

I just found this at the local TSC farm store. It looks to be a calcium an molasses with some vitamins and minerals. Going to order a couple of bottles.

2202048?.jpg

Nutri-Drench P-4 OZ Poultry Supplement provides a premium nutrient-rich liquid supplement. This chicken supplement enters the bloodstream in minutes for fast, effective use. The molasses-based poultry supplement helps promote good health and comprehensive nutrition. Administered as a drench, these poultry feed supplements are easy to use.
  • Premium nutrient-rich liquid supplement to bring out the best in your flock
  • Molasses-based poultry supplements help promote good health and comprehensive nutrition
  • Mix with water, these poultry feed supplements are easy to use

Ingredients

propylene glycol, molasses products, calcuim carbonate, choline chloride, DL-methionine, l-lysine, Vitamin E supplement, Vitamin A supplement, Vitamin D-3 supplement, thiamine, niacin, zinc sulfate, ethylenediamine dihydroiodide, magnesium sulfate, manganese sulfate, iron sulfate, soduim selenite, cobalt sulfate, sugar. GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: calcium (min)...0.4%, calcium (max)...0.7%, selenium (min)...0.1 mg/fl oz, Vitamin A (min)...23,700 IU/fl oz, Vitamin D (min)...5,910 IU/fl oz, Vitamin E (min)...90 IU/fl oz

kingape

Hi Bill!

Thank you for the amazing resources you have posted!

I will be growing SOG style so will have clones that go straight to flower.

As I understand from the forum, this is the recipe that you advocate
  • Jacks 321
  • MKP at week 4-6
  • Fulvic Acid throughout
For making Jacks 5-12-26, your website lists the amount in percentages.

Magnesium Nitrate: 32.34490%
Potassium Sulfate: 22.09204%
Magnesium Sulfate: 21.20902%
Dipotassium Phosphate: 18.60148%
Mono Ammonium Phosphate: 3.64812%
Fe-chelated 18%: 1.36693%
Bo-chelated 15%: 0.27337%
Mn-chelated 18%: 0.22777%
Mo-Chelated 8%: 0.10252%
Cu-chelated 17%: 0.07234%
Zn-chelated 20%: 0.06151%

Could you please explain the mixing of dry salts using percentages?

Latest posts

Latest posts