What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

Legalcdn

Is fulvic used as drench and foliar during flower? It's fine to foliar the flowers? I bought the royal gold from future harvest..it has 0-1-0 so a minuscule amount of P.

Last edited:

H G Griffin

Is fulvic used as drench and foliar duting flower? It's fine to foliar the flowers? I bought the royal gold from future harvest..it has 0-1-0 so a minuscule amount of P.

I was hoping to have tried Royal Gold by now . My neighborhood garden store has been waiting for an order for over a month.

I hope you will share your results. Best of luck to you.

ButterflyEffect

I don't go typically go by EC or NPK ratio since it is (kind of) a Frankenstein line.

Base- Jacks/MB 3/2 g/gallon, up to 3.6/2.4 g/gallon
Add epsom salt if magnesium deficiency or under LED's

Transition- Growmore flowering cal-mag 3-5ml drench and foliar

Bloom boost week 4-6- Homemade Hammerhead has a better ratio, but you can use MKP in a pinch, 1g/gallon

Mr. Fulvic/AGT-50- 0.5-1ml/gallon start to finish and with foliar.

I haven't dropped Cal Nit, but I can see how people wouldn't want jungle green plants when trying to focus on flower production.

Thanks again BF. I have the grow more on order. Not cheap, so it'll be foliar only. Mr fulvic and the MKP will be here this week, too. I'm cutting the Mg out of my formula now and it'll be given only as a foliar, which is why I like the calmag for this. 2 birds, one stone.

H G Griffin

I was hoping to have tried Royal Gold by now . My neighborhood garden store has been waiting for an order for over a month.

I hope you will share your results. Best of luck to you.

It arrived! :yay:

Just mixed the first batch. I'm hoping I have enough patience to do a side by side, but there's a good chance I'll get lazy. (At least I'm honest. ;) )

I know my space, and most of the genetics I'm working with, so any significant difference should be pretty easy to see, regardless.

since I started using Mr Fulvic I noticed my pH is a little lower than without, and my live buds that have developed with it in the program seem stickier to the touch, oh boy! Its lucky for me because I have a tent full of jawa pie clones at different stages, and as they mature they'll have more and more Mr Fulvic, I'm excited to have them be tastier and tastier as they come in, it'll be a good testbed.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Bill where and how are you getting your tissue samples that you’re referencing

We used Kaycha labs in the past. The graphs I show are from Agricen. They also match the analysis Advanced Nutrients have put out.

since I started using Mr Fulvic I noticed my pH is a little lower than without, and my live buds that have developed with it in the program seem stickier to the touch, oh boy! Its lucky for me because I have a tent full of jawa pie clones at different stages, and as they mature they'll have more and more Mr Fulvic, I'm excited to have them be tastier and tastier as they come in, it'll be a good testbed.

I think the pH is 2.5? It shouldn't make too much of a difference with pH at 1ml/gallon. I do love the frost and higher brix from Mr. Fulvic.

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
I was running out of Calcium EDTA so bought the Metalosate Calcium to replace it this time.
The Metalosate has 2x the calcium and half the nitrogen...thats good math.

Grabbed some Potassium sulfate too, to make the Hammerhead booster recipe.

The Mr. Fulvic was working so well I wanted to try the other tweaks mentioned here....and , yes...the Mr. Fulvic has seemed to push my feed needs down about 10-15%.

TdotGonG

I looked into calcium and magnesium acetate dietary supplements, but they usually have one form of cal/mag in them that isn't totally soluble. That's fine in soil/soilless, but not for foliar or hydroponics.

Wish I seen this before I went and sprayed cal/mag acetate as a foliar lol! Meh lesson learned.

Quick question Bill, Do you know of any Canadian suppliers of these chemicals? Not having the best of luck in my search. Cannot seem to find individual 25-50lb bags. More or less the suppliers want to sell pallet minimums. I am going to ask the local grow shop owner since he gets most of the base chemicals for individual sale. But if you know of a source I'd appreciate the information or contact for the company. I have 14 acres and would like to use these nutrients for farming a small crop of vegetable's as well, this method of feeding is hands down the cheapest from what I found in researching medium scale production.

Last edited:

BillFarthing

Veteran
Wish I seen this before I went and sprayed cal/mag acetate as a foliar lol! Meh lesson learned.

Calcium acetate it totally soluble. It's what's in KNF water soluble calcium. You can get it from BulkSupplements.com

Quick question Bill, Do you know of any Canadian suppliers of these chemicals?

I use Custom Hydro Nutrients for supplies. Fulvic is harder to get, but a couple friends up North posted products here that are compatible like fulvic acid in this thread.

TdotGonG

Calcium acetate it totally soluble. It's what's in KNF water soluble calcium. You can get it from BulkSupplements.com

I use Custom Hydro Nutrients for supplies. Fulvic is harder to get, but a couple friends up North posted products here that are compatible like fulvic acid in this thread.

Thanks for the heads up for the calcium acetate. Just got back from the grow shop, he can order me bags of powders for cheap, and I'm trying BlackSwan living soils Ful-Power. Just says it's 0.06% fulvic extracted from lenordite. Not sure if it has the amino profile like the other top end brands, But I have hydrolyzed soy protein on route.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Leonardite powder is one of the bulkiest, dirtiest sources of humic acid. As the label says, the fulvic acid content on that product is very very low.

If you are doing long-term soil building, it is a suitable product, as it contains carbon and some humic acid. The humic acid will be broken down into fulvic acid over time.

If you want that powder to be more bio-available, hydrate it with 3% hydrogen peroxide to oxidize it. Be sure to leave it open and not let it bubble over. Adjust the pH to 3 and filter out any solids after a week or so.

indagroove

Veteran
I've been mixing up my Jacks for a week or two now, having switched away from Megacrop 1-part. Been doing 20:1 concentrations for liquid storage, then using that for the final mix. Might switch to 30:1, not sure how concentrated I can go and still stay in solution. Been real happy, but looking for kelp and fulvics to add. Ordered a gallon of this stuff, which looks real good. I was wondering how it would work for hydro tho, but mixed it up today, and looks real soluble.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot - 2020-12-06T180714.032.jpg
    Screenshot - 2020-12-06T180714.032.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 27

le_toy

Hi,

I learned 10 years ago, a rule for the ratio of PK for flowering:
Beginning of flowering = 2P / 1K
Flowering medium = 1P / 1K
End of flowering = 1P / 2K
What do you think of this rule for the PK ration?

I can buy Plantin brand fertilizers, No. 2, 8 and 11 ..

FERTI 02 | 12-32-10 + 4,5 MgO + OE
there are 8.3% ammoniacal nitrogen and 3.7% nitric nitrogen
https://www.plantin.fr/produit/ferti-02/

FERTI 08 | 8-12-36 + 4 MgO + OE
there are 8% nitric nitrogen
https://www.plantin.fr/produit/ferti-08/

FERTI 11 | 16-10-24 + 3 MgO + OE
there is 5.5% ammoniacal nitrogen and 10.5% Nitric nitrogen
https://www.plantin.fr/produit/ferti-11/

It seems to me to have read that it is not necessary to exceed a percentage with ammoniacal nitrogen?

What percentage of ammoniacal nitrogen is ok for cannabis?

If I follow this PK ratio with the Plantin brand, it could give something like this:
Growth = Plantin FERTI 11
Stresh = Plantin FERTI 11
Beginning of flowering = Plantin FERTI 08
Flowering medium = Plantin FERTI 08 + Plantin FERTI 02 (50/50)
End of flowering = Plantin FERTI 02

what do you think ?

le_toy

The store that makes Plantin is 1 hour from my home ...
Tomorrow I have to go not far from the fertilizer store for my work.

I would take the 3 bags of fertilizer (N°2,8 and 11), but it's 25kg each ... if the percentage of ammoniacal nitrogen is not good, I don't want to throw in 25 or 50kg of fertilizer.

no one for the PK ratio?

I think you need to start thinking for yourself. You have all the Information to base your Choice on^^

That Ferti 08 could replace Yara Azure easily, has very high(8,5%) S though.

Ammonium should be less then 20% of total Nitrogen. Higher Ammonium Content is more suited to Soil in General.

Ammonium will reduce your Media´s PH over Time while Nitrate will increase it.

Cannabis Specific Fertilizers usually have 10% Ammonium of Total Nitrogen.
Canna for example has these Ratios in their Hydro/Coco Fertilizers

36% K is fine as long as you dont go overboard with pk boosting while not providing extra Ca/Mg.

On Topic of Ammonium,

According to Jeff Lowenfels Teaming with Nutrients, Annuals Plants like Cannabis prefer their Nitrogen in Nitrateform, which also implies Bacterial Domination in the Media.(yet we are constantly trying to get Fungus to settle)

Some Vegetables are supposed to Flower worse with considerable Ammonium present others benefit from it.

I have no Clue in which Range Cannabis falls but i see Hydro Companys taking the 1/10 Ammonium of Nitrogen Route mostly.

I noticed a favorable Flowering Response when applying Mono Ammonium Phosphate in the first Week of Flowering after Switch. If this is because of the extra NH4 applied i cant tell.
Applying MAP in Rooting/transition is a very old Greenhouse Practice though.

Looking for Comments on this.

BillFarthing

Veteran
i see Hydro Companys taking the 1/10 Ammonium of Nitrogen Route mostly.

In Hydroponics: A Practical Guide for the Soilless Grower, J Benton Jones Jr. says this ratio keeps the pH from drifting.

I don't add extra MAP at transition because it doesn't follow tissue sampling I've seen. A bump in calcium does.

Koondense

Veteran
Any guides for using the Masterblend line with cannabis?

Got the tomato MB(4-18-38), CalNit(15,5-0-0/18,5) and epsom salts. Will get the Fulvic soon enough if necessary.

Currently growing in soil+coco organic mix.

Cheers

In Hydroponics: A Practical Guide for the Soilless Grower, J Benton Jones Jr. says this ratio keeps the pH from drifting.

I don't add extra MAP at transition because it doesn't follow tissue sampling I've seen. A bump in calcium does.

That Book is a good read, i especially like that the author states multiple times troughout thw book, that in Soilless growing what you are feeding is not what the Plants are getting, cause regardless of Ion Exchange Capacity of the Medium the precipates of prior feedings will allways affect your current feeding. I think thats a point Poeple are often missing.

Would you say that Tissue Samples allways give the right Picture of what a Plants need?

Latest posts

Latest posts