What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

Broggemann

You do you, @boogerman. Some of us do this for a living, smooth brain.

Well, your reaction says a lot.

Luckily everyone can decide for themselves whether he will trust scientific research or a random guy on the internet, who has no backup for his claims other than "I'm a pro and you're an idiot".

My name is Broggemann, btw.
;)

Bio boy

You do you, @boogerman. Some of us do this for a living, smooth brain.
What job gives an awsome hoby a job in the states? Awsome.

Maxcrop euro sells it 25lb £40 wtf so cheap?? 50 shipping to uk so 90for 25lb....

They also have boosters there the look nice lol like i feel drawn i to them... Do i make hammerhead or order his there so faaaakin cheap i feelvlike its a scam lol even has pics of buds on there looool
https://greenleafnutrients.com/europe/

Do i need to adjust my hammerhead boost due to my coco calmag locks no problems. But potassium can accumulate in coco so do i dial that down?im coco and 60%clay pebbles for part hydro run off dtw

BillFarthing

Veteran
Calcium foliar and drench at transition keeps the plant metabolism cruising along and prevents the tops from yellowing out going into flower.

What job gives an awsome hoby a job in the states? Awsome.

Do i need to adjust my hammerhead boost due to my coco calmag locks no problems. But potassium can accumulate in coco so do i dial that down?im coco and 60%clay pebbles for part hydro run off dtw

There are lots of weed jobs in the US. It's just hard to get your foot in the door in a lot of places. A lot of people just grow medical, which the money stays in your own pocket.

No need to adjust nutrients as long as you're feeding to runoff.

Bio boy

Calcium foliar and drench at transition keeps the plant metabolism cruising along and prevents the tops from yellowing out going into flower.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73546&pictureid=2090474View Image

There are lots of weed jobs in the US. It's just hard to get your foot in the door in a lot of places. A lot of people just grow medical, which the money stays in your own pocket.

No need to adjust nutrients as long as you're feeding to runoff.

So jealous lol. I would love a weed job haha if only the mrs wud get behind me n move haha.

So does that megacrop 5 12 25 stuff i gredients look good even thlugh it has double jacks ingredients? Im guessing just aminos which are all accepted lol but before i clikc the order id love for you to tell me im good to go bro.

Lol.

Sorry to pester ya lol jusy respect ya wisdom lol..

And would you recomend any of mastercrops boosters there they only have 2 boosters and then kelp calmag which i know about there cal has n tho so il stick to the recipie.

But the boost and flavour boosters? Cant see the ingridents haha

BillFarthing

Veteran
So jealous lol. I would love a weed job haha if only the mrs wud get behind me n move haha.

So does that megacrop 5 12 25 stuff i gredients look good even thlugh it has double jacks ingredients? Im guessing just aminos which are all accepted lol but before i clikc the order id love for you to tell me im good to go bro.

Lol.

Sorry to pester ya lol jusy respect ya wisdom lol..

And would you recomend any of mastercrops boosters there they only have 2 boosters and then kelp calmag which i know about there cal has n tho so il stick to the recipie.

But the boost and flavour boosters? Cant see the ingridents haha

You can dial in pretty much any nutrient line. They have already done most of the work for you.

Megacrop 2-part works just fine as-is without boosters. I would just get everything close to perfect before adding more complications with additives.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Bill, you're gonna get tired of us before this is over. Lol.
I want to use up my Gh before I move on to something else.
I don't have all of the line but got a gallon of CaliMagic, micro, bloom, Kool bloom. Then a small bottle of that veganic part that I can't remember.
I usually add RecycleSil to water and let sit for at least a few hours then start with call mag.

I saw that lucas only used micro and bloom. And then I see you say I could add boost around 4 weeks how does this effect the ratio? I was in coco using the cocoforcannabis system but now I'm just in regular old ocean forest. Not really feeding much at all for first weeks or so after transplant.

H G Griffin

Well, your reaction says a lot.

Luckily everyone can decide for themselves whether he will trust scientific research or a random guy on the internet, who has no backup for his claims other than "I'm a pro and you're an idiot".

My name is Broggemann, btw.
;)

You seem to be coming in as a random guy on the internet yourself, and your only backup for your claims is "do some reading" and a direction to a search engine for an article about tobacco.

How does one pick which "random guy on the internet" to believe?

BillFarthing

Veteran
Bill, you're gonna get tired of us before this is over. Lol.
I want to use up my Gh before I move on to something else.
I don't have all of the line but got a gallon of CaliMagic, micro, bloom, Kool bloom. Then a small bottle of that veganic part that I can't remember.
I usually add RecycleSil to water and let sit for at least a few hours then start with call mag.

I saw that lucas only used micro and bloom. And then I see you say I could add boost around 4 weeks how does this effect the ratio? I was in coco using the cocoforcannabis system but now I'm just in regular old ocean forest. Not really feeding much at all for first weeks or so after transplant.

Lucas formula is a compromise to use the same recipe top to bottom. It works and is a complete hydroponic formulation. It does not require a boost week 4-6 of flower because it already has extra P. As long as you flush long enough, you'll be just fine for quality and yields.

Broggemann

You seem to be coming in as a random guy on the internet yourself, and your only backup for your claims is "do some reading" and a direction to a search engine for an article about tobacco.

Actually I provided you with the exact name of the scientific paper.

"Effects of Chlorine on Growth and Quality of Tobacco" by Hiroshi Ishizaki and Tatsushki Akiya.

I could have just put a link into my post, but this is a forum - maybe some people will read this posts years later and all links will be dead by then.
But if you have the name of a specific paper, you can still google it.

There's a reason that a lot of fertilizer formulas explicitly state "chlorine free" or "low chlorine content".
While chlorine is beneficial for some crops, it's kind of devastating to others - for example crops, where the plant tissue gets burned.

People try to avoid chlorine in tobacco since the nineteenth century, and the principles of the matter are the same as with cannabis.
As soon as you have a certain amount of Cl- anions in your plant tissue, you have fucked up your quality.
And cannabis is a great accumulator, much more than tobacco.

But, besides tobacco, these negative effects can be seen on a lot more crops.
There is a negative correlation of shelf life, nutritional value, taste (etc) to a rising chlorine content.

You can give your plants all the chlorine you want, I just feel sorry for people who take such advice.
Because it can make them smoke schwag for months.

/Edit:
Thinking that biochemical processes don't apply to you because you're selling your bud is... a very special point of view.
:D
The shitty bud in dispensaries has to come from somewhere too, I guess.

Last edited:

BillFarthing

Veteran
Thanks for all the positivity and DM's about the BF Tek. It works!

picture.php

Biologist

Hey Bill, what changes did you notice when you started defoliating? Increased yield, thc, terpenes, etc.?

I got the AGT-50, liking it a lot so far. Love the smell, like liquid smoke!

BillFarthing

Veteran
Hey Bill, what changes did you notice when you started defoliating? Increased yield, thc, terpenes, etc.?

I got the AGT-50, liking it a lot so far. Love the smell, like liquid smoke!

When defoliating, light can get to the lower flowers, meaning a lot less larf. It's really important when using with high density trellis.

I think the liquid smoke smell is the amino and organic acids? AGT is great, but I don't have a business. I talked to a dude there, but their order size is huge. Mr. Fulvic is probably a better fit for most people.

My Mr fulvic just arrived, 1000 gallons in that little bottle, neat. So you'd think this will be a step up from realgrower's recharge Bill? I wanted to go all dry soluble(ish) but recharge isn't getting me where I want to be in the taste department.

BillFarthing

Veteran
My Mr fulvic just arrived, 1000 gallons in that little bottle, neat. So you'd think this will be a step up from realgrower's recharge Bill? I wanted to go all dry soluble(ish) but recharge isn't getting me where I want to be in the taste department.

The carbon content in Recharge makes it only suitable for soil. It has humic acid (very little fulvic) and some kelp.

Mr. Fulvic has fulvic, amino and organic acids. The salesman told me they have to keep it a liquid to retain the last two parts. That's why they make it so concentrated.

And yes, your frost content, taste and aroma will shoot through the roof even with straight salts.

Latest posts

Latest posts