What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

BillFarthing

Veteran
I use advanced phperfect. Using humic and fulvic acids they say the ph is avalible between 4 and 8 and do not touch it with pj as ya mess up the chelates.?

Advanced uses one of Good's pH buffers called MES for their pH perfect line. It's ok to use EDTA and EDDHA chelation with fulvic, so I don't see why it wouldn't be ok.

I wana use thia stuff. Theres some addatives i use from advanced i love like there nirvana with bat guano kelp yucca ectracts and other bits thats really work well. Can i readd these raw or use advanced addatives like nirvana on jacks line?

I grew my tomatoes on masterblend but my meds im scared.

Why would you use expensive bottles of snake oil with Jack's? Will it work? Sure. Do you know what you are putting into your meds from those bottles? Probably not.

Not to mention that Advanced is one of the worst offenders per gallon as far as the hydro store "green tax"

Are salts classed as organic or chemical cause they dont seem chemicaly but i am told they are?

They are considered synthetic, although there are organic exceptions to some like magnesium and potassium sulfate.

The whole organic vs. synthetic argument is silly. It's all the same 16 elements and 5 types of biostimulants absorbed by plants.

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Another way to skin a cat...or...building a better mouse trap

Another way to skin a cat...or...building a better mouse trap

I have been a Jacks Hydro/calnit enthusiast for many years now and never was fond of having to know the exact gallons of water i was mixing then waiting for the salts to dissolve to see if i was hitting the right ppm.

I tried making the two part stock solutions and i always had trouble with the Hydro precipitating out of solution and clinging to the sides of the container...no beuno.

So I started making a one part stock solution with the hydro/calnit....i know, you cant do that without getting a locked out mess!.....Wrong!

The whole scheme works off of ratios...or percentage of calnit to hydro...based on stage of growth/flower.

For Veg....
Take a five gallon bucket with about 4 gallons of water in it. Add 100 grams of Jacks Hydro and dissolve it. Then add 80 grams of calnit and stir to dissolve it. Viola!....one part stock for veg. Just add stock to your water to achieve your desired PPM....get the right ratio every time. Making 1 gallon or 50, or some unknown number in between...no problem man!

For flower....just reduce the value of calnit to the hydro to your desired ratio. I usually drop the calnit to 65% during transition and tapper from there ...usually down to 55%by week 8.

I do supplement with some Epsom salts and Calcium EDTA the whole way through, dropping the epsom after week 5ish.

The stock solutions have a long shelf life , never seen one go bad ...start growing junk or getting funky smells and the best part.....mixing is trouble free...the right ratio at the desired ppm is easy to achieve consistantly.

It works for me, give it a try...you may like it :tiphat:

Legalcdn

Nice DIY silica formula..

DIY silica blast @7.8% (quart- approx litre)..

Homemade recipe @ 420 mag.. search title: Making your own Silica supplement aka Faux-Tekt.

Bio boy

Advanced uses one of Good's pH buffers called MES for their pH perfect line. It's ok to use EDTA and EDDHA chelation with fulvic, so I don't see why it wouldn't be ok.

Why would you use expensive bottles of snake oil with Jack's? Will it work? Sure. Do you know what you are putting into your meds from those bottles? Probably not.

Not to mention that Advanced is one of the worst offenders per gallon as far as the hydro store "green tax"

They are considered synthetic, although there are organic exceptions to some like magnesium and potassium sulfate.

The whole organic vs. synthetic argument is silly. It's all the same 16 elements and 5 types of biostimulants absorbed by plants.

Wow thanks man.

Snake oil? what lol it works wonders i know its expensive but its given me amazing bud in yields i cant complain about lol.

Tho that could be the years of microbe research i did and add lol as i have done shit with them too so maybe my sucess has been the care and exyra stuff i do instead hmm.

My biggest yeild to be fair was ghe lucas formula no addatives and puka so hmm fk now u got me thinking..

Im scared to dive and loose what ive got ya know what i mean?

6yrs perfecting it lol. Again perfecting the after care i do not the base addatives damn i need to condition my head the npk was the same it increased as i mastered my bennies and hormones n teas.

Right edta? I thaught thst stuff was bad? Metals or whatnot u speak like there is a difference in advanceds fulvic routine and your routine making the ph buffer 4 to 8?
Off to google mes now..

Mel frank changed his formula for veg late veg flower late flower

Veg: 3-1-2
Early Bloom: 2-1-2
Mid Bloom: 1-1-2
Late Bloom: 0-1-2

For the nitrogens all absorbed in veg and not needed in flower only be there for as it needs it. Nitrogen fixing bacterias can help that too.

Is this achieveable on jacks as it seems that parts premixed npk? Calnit etc doesnt slter the npk to reduce nitrogen does it?

The nirvana i used for the kelp bat guanos etc tht does look orgsnic on the ingredients i think.. Im sure it is.. And when i used it my bud this time was indescribable so strong amazing lol loved it somuch i think that musta helped big time ontop of my base.

End flower i use bud candy big bud overdrive boosters in pk brix sugars and flower extracts like yucca which i do believe in the research on yucca and chamomile they have a symbolic relationship there.

All bits im guessing i can add if wanted from like raw npk they do yucca extracts without the bottles n other bits?

Some things on my travels i learnt helped not really npks but just yuccas kelps and i use organic cykotines.

I admit i do like advsnced labels but they say there research is gold and most i csn find links with online.

But theres alot it mskes me think i could never begin to replicate what they do?

Post 2 did u say u mixed them up into water like liwuid nutes and mix to ec ppm u want?

I run drsin to waste coco so i fill a tank 200litre 1nce a week and empty my runoff it feeds 6 times a day on a timer.

Jacks can do this or will it all seperate as you said?

Thankyou for putting up with me lol:party:

BillFarthing

Veteran
Mel frank changed his formula for veg late veg flower late flower

I use Agrien tissue samples as my guide. Ramp up your base from veg to flower. Calcium at flip, K dominant bloom booster week 4-6 of flower. Mr. Fulvic start to finish. That's it. It's not worth over complicating everything.

Post 2 did u say u mixed them up into water like liwuid nutes and mix to ec ppm u want?

It's called a stock solution, 2 parts B and A. It works with Jacks/MB. 1.5-2.0 EC with a high quality fulvic acid in the part B with the micros.

Last edited:

BillFarthing

Veteran
Nice DIY silica formula..

DIY silica blast @7.8% (quart- approx litre)..

Homemade recipe @ 420 mag.. search title: Making your own Silica supplement aka Faux-Tekt.

Homemade silica recipe

Silica Blast-
To make a gallon of concentrate from the AgSil 16H that is equivelant to the 2% SiO2 of the Silica Blast, you add 144 grams AgSil16H to 3 quarts of water mix it well then top it off with water to a final volume of one gallon. (That is assuming the silica blast is 2% SiO2 not 2% Si)

Legalcdn

Homemade silica recipe

Silica Blast-
To make a gallon of concentrate from the AgSil 16H that is equivelant to the 2% SiO2 of the Silica Blast, you add 144 grams AgSil16H to 3 quarts of water mix it well then top it off with water to a final volume of one gallon. (That is assuming the silica blast is 2% SiO2 not 2% Si)

I just noticed yours is 2% compared to 7.8%. But you are triple the liquid for 140gr. The diy on 420 mag just follows pro-tek feeding schedule as its the same.

I like the kelp idea..sushi seaweed..

Thnx again..

Bio boy

I use Agrien tissue samples as my guide. Ramp up your base from veg to flower. Calcium at flip, K dominant bloom booster week 4-6 of flower. Mr. Fulvic start to finish. That's it. It's not worth over complicating everything.

Man
ur a
View Image View Image

It's called a stock solution, 2 parts B and A. It works with Jacks/MB. 1.5-2.0 EC with a high quality fulvic acid in the part B with the micros.

Man u are a ledgend i just ran out of food. And then googled the edta advanced nute came up they said its the synthetic ver of fulvic acids wtf... They talk about it like fulvic acid thos fulvic that works cause of fulvics... But they have synthetic ones that people tske im body building and can cause kidney failure etc wtf...

Errm ok so there seems to be a difference with synthetic chemical and salt chemicals and organic is its own... This right?

I run coco drain to waste and fill a 200litre tank lasts 7 days...

Can i still do this with this nute line as u are?. Found peeps sayin cant do it in hydro but i have and sounds ltext-decoand these are hydro blends i think that was a soil 202020 i looked at So i should be fine if i bubble my tank while it surla week yeah?

I dont wana use advanced now and need new nutes so if i can im redy to buy ur line lol. Although all i get here is masterblend and raw npk u said thats the same?

BillFarthing

Veteran
I just noticed yours is 2% compared to 7.8%. But you are triple the liquid for 140gr. The diy on 420 mag just follows pro-tek feeding schedule as its the same.

Dyna-Gro runs their stuff close to maximum solubility. If it gets cold, there is fall out. That's why they have directions on the bottle to dilute to double the amount of water and dosage if there is sedimentation.

If you want it stronger, you just dissolve more K sil.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Errm ok so there seems to be a difference with synthetic chemical and salt chemicals and organic is its own... This right?

Fe-DTPA, Fe-EDDHA, Fe-EDTA are synthetic types of chelated iron. Mr. Fulvic is organic and contains 18 amino acids so the iron could be bound to some of them or all of them. There is also iron sulfate, iron sulfide, iron fulvates, and iron humates.

need new nutes so if i can im redy to buy ur line lol. Although all i get here is masterblend and raw npk u said thats the same?

Jack's/MB and Phostrogen along with calcium nitrate are fantastic base fertilizers suitable for hydroponics. Good fulvic start to finish. Add a calcium supplement at transition and bloom booster week 4-6 of flower and you're set.

Bio boy

Isnt phostragon just a 1 part box feed for planters?

Thats a vit too easy isnt it lol.

Jacks i get on ebay from usa but its 44 dol postage burns.

Masterblends here on a distro in
XXL Masterblend 4-18-38 Hydroponics Fertilizer Kit | Complete Nutrients Set >4kg

£59.99. 2500litres at max strengh

The numbers are killin me lol no idea how it adds up when u wana match a certain npk and then 1 number can change it all based on somany factors lol. Mels 100 200 200 60 stuff is all ppms and the npk on everyrhing is different but can be the same hahaha

BillFarthing

Veteran
Isnt phostragon just a 1 part box feed for planters?

It was developed for tomato ring culture. Looks good to me!

d47vVYY.jpeg

Mels 100 200 200 60 stuff is all ppms and the npk on everyrhing is different but can be the same hahaha

Mel's ratios don't match plant tissue samples. There are better ratios, like the pictures that I posted from Agrien.

Masterblend is a well balanced complete hydroponic formula. 3 g MB 2 g cal nit per gallon (~4L) will work start to finish for most growers.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Bill I have a question.
How do they come up with these ratios and know that its optimum?

In my thinking, they took tissue samples from plants that they fed. But wouldn't the levels of nutrients in the tissue depend on how much nutrients were given to the plant?
If the sample shows that a leaf is low in a mineral, couldn't it mean that it wasn't given enough of that mineral? I always wondered about this.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I hope I explained my question properly..
Maybe the optimum level of a nutrient was never given to the plant which might show that there's a lower level in the tissue than what would be optimal?

Legalcdn

Great question canna.

Also, is it not strain dependent? My bangi haze has an incredible appetite yet my malawi is not so.

I presume a general concensus is difficult for optimizing cannabis. When it becomes legal in more places, this will open the door to benchmarks like tomato strains.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Bill I have a question.
How do they come up with these ratios and know that its optimum?

In my thinking, they took tissue samples from plants that they fed. But wouldn't the levels of nutrients in the tissue depend on how much nutrients were given to the plant?
If the sample shows that a leaf is low in a mineral, couldn't it mean that it wasn't given enough of that mineral? I always wondered about this.

I pay for the tests. It's above my pay grade to put them together!

Great question canna.

Also, is it not strain dependent? My bangi haze has an incredible appetite yet my malawi is not so.

Genetics and phase of life cycle the plant is in. Sure. If you get a well balanced base like Jack's/MB that works well, you can keep testing down to a minimum.

indocult

Ok so I got the metasolate in,. I'm curious how much to use because the label just has per acre instructions.

I can plug it in to the hydrobuddy but I don't yet understand what to do with that information/how to utilize the calculations.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Ok so I got the metasolate in,. I'm curious how much to use because the label just has per acre instructions.

I can plug it in to the hydrobuddy but I don't yet understand what to do with that information/how to utilize the calculations.

Custom Hydro's small volume mixing recommendation for Metalosate Calcium foliar fertilizer is 10-20 grams per gallon or 3-5 grams per liter of spray solution.

I do my own version of this with megacrop v1, realgrowers recharge, mkp, sweet candy also from megacrop, and a copper/spinosad spray for ipm.

I'm itching to try jack's again, had a hard time with it a few years back, I'll take a look at that fulvic once my recharge runs out.

Thanks Bill