Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isnt phostragon just a 1 part box feed for planters?

Thats a vit too easy isnt it lol.

Jacks i get on ebay from usa but its 44 dol postage burns.

Masterblends here on a distro in
    XXL Masterblend 4-18-38 Hydroponics Fertilizer Kit | Complete Nutrients Set >4kg

£59.99. 2500litres at max strengh

The numbers are killin me lol no idea how it adds up when u wana match a certain npk and then 1 number can change it all based on somany factors lol. Mels 100 200 200 60 stuff is all ppms and the npk on everyrhing is different but can be the same hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Bio boy View Post
      Isnt phostragon just a 1 part box feed for planters?

It was developed for tomato ring culture. Looks good to me!

Originally posted by Bio boy View Post
      Mels 100 200 200 60 stuff is all ppms and the npk on everyrhing is different but can be the same hahaha

Mel's ratios don't match plant tissue samples. There are better ratios, like the pictures that I posted from Agrien.

Masterblend is a well balanced complete hydroponic formula. 3 g MB 2 g cal nit per gallon (~4L) will work start to finish for most growers.
      "The hydroponics store is a rip off" -Bill Farthing

DIY nutrients/biostimulants/IPM
      http://opensalts.wikidot.com/

Comment

Bill I have a question.
        How do they come up with these ratios and know that its optimum?

In my thinking, they took tissue samples from plants that they fed. But wouldn't the levels of nutrients in the tissue depend on how much nutrients were given to the plant?
        If the sample shows that a leaf is low in a mineral, couldn't it mean that it wasn't given enough of that mineral? I always wondered about this.
        "I have only read fragments of your posts. But I have read enough to know that you can grow some mean herb."
        --- CVH

My current thread

Comment

I hope I explained my question properly..
          Maybe the optimum level of a nutrient was never given to the plant which might show that there's a lower level in the tissue than what would be optimal?
          "I have only read fragments of your posts. But I have read enough to know that you can grow some mean herb."
          --- CVH

My current thread

Comment

Great question canna.

Also, is it not strain dependent? My bangi haze has an incredible appetite yet my malawi is not so.

I presume a general concensus is difficult for optimizing cannabis. When it becomes legal in more places, this will open the door to benchmarks like tomato strains.

Comment

Just wanted to back pop in and express my very sincere appreciation to @BillFarthing for his time, his knowledge and his patience.

Comment

Originally posted by CannaRed View Post
                Bill I have a question.
                How do they come up with these ratios and know that its optimum?

In my thinking, they took tissue samples from plants that they fed. But wouldn't the levels of nutrients in the tissue depend on how much nutrients were given to the plant?
                If the sample shows that a leaf is low in a mineral, couldn't it mean that it wasn't given enough of that mineral? I always wondered about this.

I pay for the tests. It's above my pay grade to put them together!

Originally posted by Legalcdn View Post
                Great question canna.

Also, is it not strain dependent? My bangi haze has an incredible appetite yet my malawi is not so.

Genetics and phase of life cycle the plant is in. Sure. If you get a well balanced base like Jack's/MB that works well, you can keep testing down to a minimum.

Comment

Ok so I got the metasolate in,. I'm curious how much to use because the label just has per acre instructions.

I can plug it in to the hydrobuddy but I don't yet understand what to do with that information/how to utilize the calculations.
                  God was giving out brains and the stoner thought he said trains, stoner says no thanks I'll catch the next one

Comment

Originally posted by indocult View Post
                    Ok so I got the metasolate in,. I'm curious how much to use because the label just has per acre instructions.

I can plug it in to the hydrobuddy but I don't yet understand what to do with that information/how to utilize the calculations.

Custom Hydro's small volume mixing recommendation for Metalosate Calcium foliar fertilizer is 10-20 grams per gallon or 3-5 grams per liter of spray solution.

Comment

I do my own version of this with megacrop v1, realgrowers recharge, mkp, sweet candy also from megacrop, and a copper/spinosad spray for ipm.

I'm itching to try jack's again, had a hard time with it a few years back, I'll take a look at that fulvic once my recharge runs out.

Thanks Bill

Comment

Well I bought it all Willy nilly without reading much , and didn't even realize it was for foliar feeding! haha.

Thanks again.
                        God was giving out brains and the stoner thought he said trains, stoner says no thanks I'll catch the next one

Comment

Thanks bill again for your patients.

My head cant workout why ive followed years of grow foods like advanced and samuri cannna etc. And there addatives and socalled research. Ive come to somwhat agree and done research on bits as ive gone and its added up.

To be tols i can use just 3 base salts and a couple of adds of nothing like what i added... My heads left saying how can i possibly compete with what i produce now as it seems more tailored what i use atm like i use a grow feed then a bloom feed. Here its all the same...

Then i add only 3 other addatives but i can replace them with 1 booster.

So what. About all the research done on other things we add and people researching the producys they use? Why do they all look good read good etc but like you guys say doesnt make a difference really.

Now i know it works i do ive tested it and seen u guys arnt the first with outstading results.

Im trying to shake the brainwashing i have of course but my heads saying how has all your reseraxh and learnt ways to increase yeild for years suddenly come void to somthing simpler and less...

Checking your links now.. What did the tissue samplea show of mel franks that was wrong? I read mel frank years ago and based alot on him running simIlar to this stuff on lucas i got 21oz in 12 weeks on 1 jackhere my personal best compared to the 8 i get now lol.

But i do grow smaller atm.

Im looking at a 8kg bag of master blend right now and wondering if i should order it lol i wana but im hesitant im off to research this more.

What are your yields like gpw? What lights and setup u using. Any more pics of them? Any 1 on this formula.

Bill i wish i could meet u for an hour lol pick ur brain and let u kick my wrongful views away lol wud be a good discussion

Eddit.. Just looming up the addatives i use here and there certified organic oim? The base nutrient isnt though.

And the stuff in these 3 boosters seem really benifical? Maybe yli couls take a look and if not help me cause i do like em and wonder if i can use then with jacks.

There the advanced nutrient. Nirvana bid candy and big bud.

There extracs hormones and beneficial supporters which have some amazing effects on cannabis i find.

But the a and b base is far from organic and synthetic so i see why the hell wud ya use organic certed items with synthetic fake bases lol
                          Last edited by Bio boy; 11-04-2020, 00:35.

Comment

Only using Jack's and not even the fulvic , calcium, or monopotassium phosphate, I've gotten pretty consistently 2.5 # per light and up to 3. That is with added co2 and environment in check.
                            I have friends who use the whole lines of advanced, Athena ag, botanicare etc. And spend $$$ on their nutes. I grow the same strains and consistently get higher yields and higher quality than any of them, at 1/10th the price.

Now I am adding the ca, fulvic, and MKP as suggested by Bill Farthing, and I can't wait to see the results.

If I were you I would ditch the advanced, or use them up until they are gone and don't replace them.

Comment

I ordered fulvic, GM ca and mkp as well, to run with my bottles of GH Flora.

When my bottles of GH run out, I have to give masterblend a try.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

Here's the dosages for a 5-gallon bucket of feed but dial in your own grow:

Base: (Jacks/MB)- Veg/transition/flower
                                3/2 ratio is 1 TBS MB/Jacks base, 1 tsp Cal Nit.

Can ramp up to 18 grams base, 12 grams cal nit if possible by week 7 of flower. /5 gallon

Transition: Flip until stretch is done
                                Metalosate calcium- 5 grams /5 gallon
                                Growmore Flowering Cal-Mag- 20 ml /5 gallon

Flowering: Week 4-6 flower
                                1 tsp. ~5 grams MKP /5 gallon

Biostimulant: veg, transition, flower, flush
                                Mr. Fulvic- 2.5-5ml/ 5 gallon

Foliar: Veg/transition (1 gallon)
                                15-30 ml insecticidal soap/Dr. Bronners, 0.5-1ml Mr. Fulvic
                                Last edited by BillFarthing; 11-05-2020, 21:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X