Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Bill what are your thoughts on lowering/dropping the Cal nit after budset?
    God was giving out brains and the stoner thought he said trains, stoner says no thanks I'll catch the next one

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by indocult View Post
      Bill what are your thoughts on lowering/dropping the Cal nit after budset?

      I have personally dropped the cal nit levels ~10% after transition (stretch) with light feeding strains like cookies or old school sativas. The timing on that is because the plant has the highest calcium needs while transitioning into flower.



      If you have a heavy feeding strain like GG4, I wouldn't reduce the cal nit. I would increase the part A that contains the micros. For example, Jack's 3/2 in a recirculating system may become Jack's up to 3.6/2 g.
      Last edited by BillFarthing; 11-02-2020, 02:25.
      "The hydroponics store is a rip off" -Bill Farthing

      DIY nutrients/biostimulants/IPM
      http://opensalts.wikidot.com/

      Comment


        #78
        I can suggest wizard npk from utube, he has a line he sells cheap, and it’s his own line, not just a label on the bottle,has some most excellent grows and info also, I wish I had his resources when I started,
        Go to YouTube search nibiru, do it now!or your gonna forget!! Getr’ Done!

        Comment


          #79
          @wantaknow that link looks like spam. All that information is free on icmag or I will give it to you for for no cost to you by clicking the link in my signature.
          "The hydroponics store is a rip off" -Bill Farthing

          DIY nutrients/biostimulants/IPM
          http://opensalts.wikidot.com/

          Comment


            #80
            I use advanced phperfect. Using humic and fulvic acids they say the ph is avalible between 4 and 8 and do not touch it with pj as ya mess up the chelates.?



            Ive read somuch into this. And used to usr lucad forumula. I am dying to try it but the ph perfect an has derved me for 6years now no ph pen and i love that lol.



            I wana use thia stuff. Theres some addatives i use from advanced i love like there nirvana with bat guano kelp yucca ectracts and other bits thats really work well. Can i readd these raw or use advanced addatives like nirvana on jacks line?



            I grew my tomatoes on masterblend but my meds im scared.





            Are salts classed as organic or chemical cause they dont seem chemicaly but i am told they are?

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by Bio boy View Post
              I use advanced phperfect. Using humic and fulvic acids they say the ph is avalible between 4 and 8 and do not touch it with pj as ya mess up the chelates.?

              Advanced uses one of Good's pH buffers called MES for their pH perfect line. It's ok to use EDTA and EDDHA chelation with fulvic, so I don't see why it wouldn't be ok.


              Originally posted by Bio boy View Post
              I wana use thia stuff. Theres some addatives i use from advanced i love like there nirvana with bat guano kelp yucca ectracts and other bits thats really work well. Can i readd these raw or use advanced addatives like nirvana on jacks line?



              I grew my tomatoes on masterblend but my meds im scared.

              Why would you use expensive bottles of snake oil with Jack's? Will it work? Sure. Do you know what you are putting into your meds from those bottles? Probably not.



              Not to mention that Advanced is one of the worst offenders per gallon as far as the hydro store "green tax"


              Originally posted by Bio boy View Post
              Are salts classed as organic or chemical cause they dont seem chemicaly but i am told they are?

              They are considered synthetic, although there are organic exceptions to some like magnesium and potassium sulfate.



              The whole organic vs. synthetic argument is silly. It's all the same 16 elements and 5 types of biostimulants absorbed by plants.
              "The hydroponics store is a rip off" -Bill Farthing

              DIY nutrients/biostimulants/IPM
              http://opensalts.wikidot.com/

              Comment


                #82
                Another way to skin a cat...or...building a better mouse trap

                I have been a Jacks Hydro/calnit enthusiast for many years now and never was fond of having to know the exact gallons of water i was mixing then waiting for the salts to dissolve to see if i was hitting the right ppm.

                I tried making the two part stock solutions and i always had trouble with the Hydro precipitating out of solution and clinging to the sides of the container...no beuno.

                So I started making a one part stock solution with the hydro/calnit....i know, you cant do that without getting a locked out mess!.....Wrong!

                The whole scheme works off of ratios...or percentage of calnit to hydro...based on stage of growth/flower.

                For Veg....
                Take a five gallon bucket with about 4 gallons of water in it. Add 100 grams of Jacks Hydro and dissolve it. Then add 80 grams of calnit and stir to dissolve it. Viola!....one part stock for veg. Just add stock to your water to achieve your desired PPM....get the right ratio every time. Making 1 gallon or 50, or some unknown number in between...no problem man!

                For flower....just reduce the value of calnit to the hydro to your desired ratio. I usually drop the calnit to 65% during transition and tapper from there ...usually down to 55%by week 8.

                I do supplement with some Epsom salts and Calcium EDTA the whole way through, dropping the epsom after week 5ish.

                The stock solutions have a long shelf life , never seen one go bad ...start growing junk or getting funky smells and the best part.....mixing is trouble free...the right ratio at the desired ppm is easy to achieve consistantly.

                It works for me, give it a try...you may like it

                Comment


                  #83
                  Nice DIY silica formula..

                  DIY silica blast @7.8% (quart- approx litre)..

                  Homemade recipe @ 420 mag.. search title: Making your own Silica supplement aka Faux-Tekt.

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by BillFarthing View Post
                    Advanced uses one of Good's pH buffers called MES for their pH perfect line. It's ok to use EDTA and EDDHA chelation with fulvic, so I don't see why it wouldn't be ok.





                    Why would you use expensive bottles of snake oil with Jack's? Will it work? Sure. Do you know what you are putting into your meds from those bottles? Probably not.



                    Not to mention that Advanced is one of the worst offenders per gallon as far as the hydro store "green tax"





                    They are considered synthetic, although there are organic exceptions to some like magnesium and potassium sulfate.



                    The whole organic vs. synthetic argument is silly. It's all the same 16 elements and 5 types of biostimulants absorbed by plants.



                    Wow thanks man.



                    Snake oil? what lol it works wonders i know its expensive but its given me amazing bud in yields i cant complain about lol.



                    Tho that could be the years of microbe research i did and add lol as i have done shit with them too so maybe my sucess has been the care and exyra stuff i do instead hmm.



                    My biggest yeild to be fair was ghe lucas formula no addatives and puka so hmm fk now u got me thinking..



                    Im scared to dive and loose what ive got ya know what i mean?

                    6yrs perfecting it lol. Again perfecting the after care i do not the base addatives damn i need to condition my head the npk was the same it increased as i mastered my bennies and hormones n teas.



                    ..........

                    Right edta? I thaught thst stuff was bad? Metals or whatnot u speak like there is a difference in advanceds fulvic routine and your routine making the ph buffer 4 to 8?
                    Off to google mes now..





                    Mel frank changed his formula for veg late veg flower late flower


                    Veg: 3-1-2
                    Early Bloom: 2-1-2
                    Mid Bloom: 1-1-2
                    Late Bloom: 0-1-2


                    For the nitrogens all absorbed in veg and not needed in flower only be there for as it needs it. Nitrogen fixing bacterias can help that too.



                    Is this achieveable on jacks as it seems that parts premixed npk? Calnit etc doesnt slter the npk to reduce nitrogen does it?



                    .......



                    The nirvana i used for the kelp bat guanos etc tht does look orgsnic on the ingredients i think.. Im sure it is.. And when i used it my bud this time was indescribable so strong amazing lol loved it somuch i think that musta helped big time ontop of my base.

                    End flower i use bud candy big bud overdrive boosters in pk brix sugars and flower extracts like yucca which i do believe in the research on yucca and chamomile they have a symbolic relationship there.



                    All bits im guessing i can add if wanted from like raw npk they do yucca extracts without the bottles n other bits?





                    Some things on my travels i learnt helped not really npks but just yuccas kelps and i use organic cykotines.



                    I admit i do like advsnced labels but they say there research is gold and most i csn find links with online.



                    But theres alot it mskes me think i could never begin to replicate what they do?



                    .......



                    Post 2 did u say u mixed them up into water like liwuid nutes and mix to ec ppm u want?



                    I run drsin to waste coco so i fill a tank 200litre 1nce a week and empty my runoff it feeds 6 times a day on a timer.





                    Jacks can do this or will it all seperate as you said?



                    Thankyou for putting up with me lol

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Originally posted by Bio boy View Post

                      Mel frank changed his formula for veg late veg flower late flower

                      I use Agrien tissue samples as my guide. Ramp up your base from veg to flower. Calcium at flip, K dominant bloom booster week 4-6 of flower. Mr. Fulvic start to finish. That's it. It's not worth over complicating everything.








                      Originally posted by Bio boy View Post

                      Post 2 did u say u mixed them up into water like liwuid nutes and mix to ec ppm u want?

                      It's called a stock solution, 2 parts B and A. It works with Jacks/MB. 1.5-2.0 EC with a high quality fulvic acid in the part B with the micros.
                      Last edited by BillFarthing; 11-02-2020, 22:09.
                      "The hydroponics store is a rip off" -Bill Farthing

                      DIY nutrients/biostimulants/IPM
                      http://opensalts.wikidot.com/

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Originally posted by Legalcdn View Post
                        Nice DIY silica formula..

                        DIY silica blast @7.8% (quart- approx litre)..

                        Homemade recipe @ 420 mag.. search title: Making your own Silica supplement aka Faux-Tekt.

                        Homemade silica recipe


                        Silica Blast-
                        To make a gallon of concentrate from the AgSil 16H that is equivelant to the 2% SiO2 of the Silica Blast, you add 144 grams AgSil16H to 3 quarts of water mix it well then top it off with water to a final volume of one gallon. (That is assuming the silica blast is 2% SiO2 not 2% Si)
                        "The hydroponics store is a rip off" -Bill Farthing

                        DIY nutrients/biostimulants/IPM
                        http://opensalts.wikidot.com/

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by BillFarthing View Post
                          Homemade silica recipe


                          Silica Blast-
                          To make a gallon of concentrate from the AgSil 16H that is equivelant to the 2% SiO2 of the Silica Blast, you add 144 grams AgSil16H to 3 quarts of water mix it well then top it off with water to a final volume of one gallon. (That is assuming the silica blast is 2% SiO2 not 2% Si)
                          I just noticed yours is 2% compared to 7.8%. But you are triple the liquid for 140gr. The diy on 420 mag just follows pro-tek feeding schedule as its the same.

                          I like the kelp idea..sushi seaweed..

                          Thnx again..

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by BillFarthing View Post
                            I use Agrien tissue samples as my guide. Ramp up your base from veg to flower. Calcium at flip, K dominant bloom booster week 4-6 of flower. Mr. Fulvic start to finish. That's it. It's not worth over complicating everything.

                            Man
                            ur a
                            View Image View Image







                            It's called a stock solution, 2 parts B and A. It works with Jacks/MB. 1.5-2.0 EC with a high quality fulvic acid in the part B with the micros.



                            Man u are a ledgend i just ran out of food. And then googled the edta advanced nute came up they said its the synthetic ver of fulvic acids wtf... They talk about it like fulvic acid thos fulvic that works cause of fulvics... But they have synthetic ones that people tske im body building and can cause kidney failure etc wtf...



                            Errm ok so there seems to be a difference with synthetic chemical and salt chemicals and organic is its own... This right?





                            I run coco drain to waste and fill a 200litre tank lasts 7 days...



                            Can i still do this with this nute line as u are?. Found peeps sayin cant do it in hydro but i have and sounds ltext-decoand these are hydro blends i think that was a soil 202020 i looked at So i should be fine if i bubble my tank while it surla week yeah?





                            I dont wana use advanced now and need new nutes so if i can im redy to buy ur line lol. Although all i get here is masterblend and raw npk u said thats the same?

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by Legalcdn View Post
                              I just noticed yours is 2% compared to 7.8%. But you are triple the liquid for 140gr. The diy on 420 mag just follows pro-tek feeding schedule as its the same.

                              Dyna-Gro runs their stuff close to maximum solubility. If it gets cold, there is fall out. That's why they have directions on the bottle to dilute to double the amount of water and dosage if there is sedimentation.



                              If you want it stronger, you just dissolve more K sil.
                              "The hydroponics store is a rip off" -Bill Farthing

                              DIY nutrients/biostimulants/IPM
                              http://opensalts.wikidot.com/

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by Bio boy View Post
                                Errm ok so there seems to be a difference with synthetic chemical and salt chemicals and organic is its own... This right?

                                Fe-DTPA, Fe-EDDHA, Fe-EDTA are synthetic types of chelated iron. Mr. Fulvic is organic and contains 18 amino acids so the iron could be bound to some of them or all of them. There is also iron sulfate, iron sulfide, iron fulvates, and iron humates.


                                Originally posted by Bio boy View Post

                                need new nutes so if i can im redy to buy ur line lol. Although all i get here is masterblend and raw npk u said thats the same?

                                Jack's/MB and Phostrogen along with calcium nitrate are fantastic base fertilizers suitable for hydroponics. Good fulvic start to finish. Add a calcium supplement at transition and bloom booster week 4-6 of flower and you're set.
                                "The hydroponics store is a rip off" -Bill Farthing

                                DIY nutrients/biostimulants/IPM
                                http://opensalts.wikidot.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X