Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they finally realized the people using their products aren't growing tomatoes its...nice.

Comment

I was just going to ask which jacks line you guys use. It seems they now have a cannabis/hemp specific lines?
      "I have only read fragments of your posts. But I have read enough to know that you can grow some mean herb."
      --- CVH

My current thread

Comment

I use jacks hydro 5-12-26 and calnit. My water is very hard so I skip the added magnesium that is often recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by kalopatchkid View Post
          I've been trying to find a no N cal-mag...do you have a good online source for it?
          CaliMagic?
          "I have only read fragments of your posts. But I have read enough to know that you can grow some mean herb."
          --- CVH

My current thread

Comment

Originally posted by xavier7995 View Post
            mr fulvic . . . trace elements vs using something like m.o.s.t or azomite? I would like a wider range of ph
            Mr. Fulvic has a full range of chelated minerals and trace elements and the proper amount of iron. MOST is the standard for trace elements, but is not chelated.

Azomite is awful for arsenic and aluminum content. It is in a soluble metal salt that can bioaccumulate and cause toxicity in the case of aluminum.

Originally posted by CannaRed View Post
            I was just going to ask which jacks line you guys use. It seems they now have a cannabis/hemp specific lines?
            Everything JR Peters touches is gold. I like Oasis HydroFeed for soft water or Jack's TAP for hard water for a 1-part. Jack's Classic hydro is the standard for a 2-part and is a perfect ratio for most plants.
            "The hydroponics store is a rip off" -Bill Farthing

DIY nutrients/biostimulants/IPM
            http://opensalts.wikidot.com/

Comment

CaliMagic?

CaliMagic is very high N. You don't want to overload plants with N in flower.

I think the old General Organics cal-mag had no N, but I think they changed the recipe.

Comment

CaliMagic?

Calimagic has less N than the botanicare cal-mag+ I had previously used with Veg+Bloom Soft, but growmore flower cal-mag is the only product I see with no N. I just cant find a place that ships it to hawaii for a reasonable cost.

I'm just finishing up my first run with Jacks part A and Calnit and its going smooth so far. I find it dissolves alot faster than vegbloom.
                Only additives have been ferti-fulvic+ (90% fulvic) and a few doses of a mammoth P sample I had collecting dust.

I asked in another thread if anyone had tried Jacks finish 7-15-30 for the last few weeks of flower. Only confusion is its supposed to be a lower N formula but still recommends adding cal-nit. Another product I cant seem to get shipped to Hawaii at a reasonable cost.

Comment

Calimagic has less N than the botanicare cal-mag+

Jacks finish 7-15-30 for the last few weeks of flower. Only confusion is its supposed to be a lower N formula but still recommends adding cal-nit.

Both Calimagic and Cal-Mag+ are suitable for veg, but not for flower from the N content.

Jack's finish is suitable for week 4-6 of flower. I probably wouldn't add cal nit to assist bulking/hardening unless explicitly called out on the feed schedule. I would rather use something simple like MKP in addition to the base fertilizer.

Comment

First I'm hearing of AGT-50. What a great post, thank you!

Comment

Have you heard of the product transport from optic Foliar? They say that it makes the spray be absorbed into the leaves. When you said the fulvic made the soap "trans laminar" it reminded me of the O.F. I wonder if it's just fulvic. They also claim that because it goes into the leaf better you only have to spray the tops of the leaves. And it allows you to spray with the lights on, with one quarter the amount of whatever ingredient you are spraying.
                      Would fulvic do all that?

I used Optic foliar for quite a while. My guess is that it is a non-ionic surfactant as a sticker/spreader. They had a huge recall a few years back for ingredients not on the label, so it's possible?

Fulvic chelates nutrients and soap to become translaminar. The soap also works as a drying agent and sticker/spreader. The organic acids in fulvic also protect and prevents stress from pests and disease.

Comment

Great post Bill!
                        "You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets, you do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it."

Comment

Whats the application rate of MKP when used with Jacks?

Comment

I use MKP with Jack 3/2.5 during flower at 100ppm. Would Gypsum be a good Ca source BF?
                            "You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets, you do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it."

Comment

Whats the application rate of MKP when used with Jacks?

One gram per gallon = ~ 1 tsp. per 5 gallon bucket

Originally posted by Junior Capsula View Post
                              I use MKP with Jack 3/2.5 during flower at 100ppm. Would Gypsum be a good Ca source BF?

Absolutely. Just don't go over 50 ppm to buffer Ca with gypsum or you risk locking out K with supplemental feed.

EDIT: 1 gram gypsum per gallon of potting mix is ~50 ppm Ca, 30 ppm S.
                              Last edited by BillFarthing; 10-22-2020, 12:00.

Comment

Working...
                              X