Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BillFarthing
    replied
    Originally posted by Outcold View Post
    Bill, still using wood vinegar?

Oh yeah, 1:500-1:1000 for maintenance drench/foliar. 1:500-1:250 drench/foliar for any active root/pest/disease outbreaks.

It has a whole different set of awesome and beneficial organic acids than Mr. Fulvic.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Bill, still using wood vinegar?

Leave a comment:

• BillFarthing
    replied
    Originally posted by Junior Capsula View Post
    Bill could you help me locate a nutrient calculator that can tell me the PPMs of Jacks @ 3/2.5? I’d like to dial back the nitrogen in bloom after transition but would like exact numbers.

http://customhydronutrients.com/hydrocal/hydrocal.html
    https://manicbotanix.com/calculators...ution-calc.php

I personally use Hydrobuddy. It's the easiest to reverse guaranteed minimums on labels with listed labels.

I've had fantastic luck with Jack's and Masterblend 3/2 start to finish in soilless with fulvic acid. After transition, perhaps roll it back to 2.75/2? Perhaps consider adding MKP at 1g/gal in flower?

Leave a comment:

• Junior Capsula
    replied
    Bill could you help me locate a nutrient calculator that can tell me the PPMs of Jacks @ 3/2.5? I’d like to dial back the nitrogen in bloom after transition but would like exact numbers.

Leave a comment:

• BillFarthing
    replied
    Even Diamond K gypsum, which is solution grade just gets suspended, not dissolved. I think you will be very happy with organic Metalosate calcium with drippers or Blumats.

Leave a comment:

• Junior Capsula
    replied
    I tried gypsum for half a run during stretch. I run blumats and I couldn’t get it to dissolve properly, had some clogging issues. I ordered a 5# bottle of the Albion Metalsolate Calcium. Don’t expect any solubility issues.

Leave a comment:

• BillFarthing
    replied
    Albion Metalosate is 18% Ca, gypsum is 20% Ca . Should I be adding epsom with the gypsum?

I know more about fertilizer and less about soil science. I was talking to a gentleman who blends large batches of craft potting soil. He said don't overdo Mg and then have it wash out of the root zone. More small applications are better.

Leave a comment:

• Junior Capsula
    replied
    Albion Metalosate is 18% Ca, gypsum is 20% Ca . Should I be adding epsom with the gypsum?

Leave a comment:

• BillFarthing
    replied
    Originally posted by kalopatchkid View Post
    Whats the application rate of MKP when used with Jacks?

One gram per gallon = ~ 1 tsp. per 5 gallon bucket

I use MKP with Jack 3/2.5 during flower at 100ppm. Would Gypsum be a good Ca source BF?

Absolutely. Just don't go over 50 ppm to buffer Ca with gypsum or you risk locking out K with supplemental feed.

EDIT: 1 gram gypsum per gallon of potting mix is ~50 ppm Ca, 30 ppm S.
    Last edited by BillFarthing; 10-22-2020, 12:00.

Leave a comment:

• Junior Capsula
    replied
    I use MKP with Jack 3/2.5 during flower at 100ppm. Would Gypsum be a good Ca source BF?

Leave a comment:

• kalopatchkid
    replied
    Whats the application rate of MKP when used with Jacks?

Leave a comment:

• Junior Capsula
    replied
    Great post Bill!

Leave a comment:

• BillFarthing
    replied
    Originally posted by CannaRed View Post
    Have you heard of the product transport from optic Foliar? They say that it makes the spray be absorbed into the leaves. When you said the fulvic made the soap "trans laminar" it reminded me of the O.F. I wonder if it's just fulvic. They also claim that because it goes into the leaf better you only have to spray the tops of the leaves. And it allows you to spray with the lights on, with one quarter the amount of whatever ingredient you are spraying.
    Would fulvic do all that?

I used Optic foliar for quite a while. My guess is that it is a non-ionic surfactant as a sticker/spreader. They had a huge recall a few years back for ingredients not on the label, so it's possible?

Fulvic chelates nutrients and soap to become translaminar. The soap also works as a drying agent and sticker/spreader. The organic acids in fulvic also protect and prevents stress from pests and disease.

Leave a comment:

• Biologist
    replied
    First I'm hearing of AGT-50. What a great post, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• mojave green
    replied
    Lurking

Leave a comment:

Working...
X