Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ButterflyEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by BillFarthing View Post
    CalPrime cal-nit is 17-0-0. That is too much nitrogen to additionally supplement with..

I'd stick with metalosate calcium, Biomin or Growmore flowering cal-mag to bump up calcium in veg/transition outside of cal nit as part of your base.
    I was thinking it would make a good replacement for base calnit while in flower. I would just use the 15-0-0 for pre-stretch.

I should finally have my gypsum this week and that just adds another layer of intrigue!

Leave a comment:

• ButterflyEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by dramamine View Post
    It depends on what your other numbers are. Best bet is to get a nutrient calculator like Hydrobuddy and plug your numbers in. Use whichever one puts you where you wanna be.
    I mix my own salts and CalPrime helps me get Ca up without excess N. I run it throughout the cycle.
    I'm using hydrobuddy now. Just got it mostly figured out. I'm running Jacks Hydro and their Calnit but I'm moving toward mixing my own. Frankly getting the micros right is the only thing that's giving me pause. Hoping to figure it out by the time I run out of the Jacks.

Here's my post-stretch numbers as of today. I adjusted the numbers down a bit. 161-71-211-184-51 @ 1.4EC

Those numbers include .5G/G of MKP and 60ppm of Biomin Calcium(1-0-0-5)

Do you have any insight on ratios of the elements at any given phase? What media are you in?

Leave a comment:

• BillFarthing
    replied
    It depends on what your other numbers are. Best bet is to get a nutrient calculator like Hydrobuddy and plug your numbers in. Use whichever one puts you where you wanna be.
    I mix my own salts and CalPrime helps me get Ca up without excess N. I run it throughout the cycle.

CalPrime cal-nit is 17-0-0. That is too much nitrogen to additionally supplement with..

I'd stick with metalosate calcium, Biomin or Growmore flowering cal-mag to bump up calcium in veg/transition outside of cal nit as part of your base.

Leave a comment:

• dramamine
    replied
    Originally posted by ButterflyEffect View Post
    Would you consider the 23.5% or the 33% for Ca concentration amounts?

Looks like a good replacement, or at least one to use after stretch. Looks to be about a $1 more a pound than the Jacks based on what I paid for it last. Not bad for the ratio.

Leave a comment:

• ButterflyEffect
    replied
    You might check out Cal Prime. It's a cal-nit that has a higher proportion of Ca.
    Would you consider the 23.5% or the 33% for Ca concentration amounts?

Looks like a good replacement, or at least one to use after stretch. Looks to be about a $1 more a pound than the Jacks based on what I paid for it last. Not bad for the ratio.

Leave a comment:

• dramamine
    replied
    Originally posted by Junior Capsula View Post
    That’s what I run Jacks A+B with MKP during flower. Trying to transition from the Cal Nit to a calcium lower in N during flower.
    You might check out Cal Prime. It's a cal-nit that has a higher proportion of Ca.

Leave a comment:

• ButterflyEffect
    replied
    That’s what I run Jacks A+B with MKP during flower. Trying to transition from the Cal Nit to a calcium lower in N during flower.
    Same here. Trying to load with calcium before they hit flower. It's an issue that's haunted me ever since I switched to hempys from soil.

What's your medium?

Leave a comment:

• ButterflyEffect
    replied
    What are the advantages of the Albion Metalosate compared to the Biomin Calcium?

Albion is 5-0-0-18

Biomin liquid is 1-0-0-5

Biomin powder is 5-0-0-15

I currently use the Biomin liquid but when I restock I'll be choosing between the Albion or the Biomin powder.

Also, how does thcis all play out if I want to use gypsum? Do I run any realistic chance of pushing to much Ca?

Leave a comment:

• Junior Capsula
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lyfespan
    replied
    jacks RO plus jacks calnit(boost) and epsom with tap water for coco seems to be really pushing these gals here in veg

Leave a comment:

• Junior Capsula
    replied
    Can I pull the cal nit and just run Jacks A, Albion M. Calcium, and epsom during transition through ripening? The Albion calcium is listed at 4.5% Ca, 18% N.

Leave a comment:

• BillFarthing
    replied
    Albion Metalsolate Calcium . . . is it still safe for foliage during this stage, or can it be used in a drench application?

You really shouldn't foliar when there are flowers on the plant. I might do insecticidal soap if it was an emergency and wash it off the next day.

You can definitely still drench with it all the way through 1-2 grams per gallon, although I have the best success at transition.

Leave a comment:

• Junior Capsula
    replied
    Bill I finally got around to breaking out the Albion Metalsolate Calcium. After reading the instructions it only stated instructions for foliage application. I intended on using this in later flower when buds are showing, is it still safe for foliage during this stage, or can it be used in a drench application?

Leave a comment:

• ADHDGrower
    replied
    Originally posted by le_toy View Post
    @ADHDGrower thank you,

I ordered 2 x 3kg of Part A 5-12-26 Hydroponic from MegaCrop.
    I also took 25kg of CALCINIT from Yara and 25kg MKP from Haifa, and I also have 5 kg of epsom salt

I had ordered 1 part A and 1 part B, but part B is 10 times more expensive than Yara's CALCINIT, and it has more calcium
    Calnit Yara = 15.5N and 26.5Ca Calnit MegaCrop = 15.5N and 19 Ca

For Fulvic and amino acids I cannot find when I contact the companies that you advise, either they do not answer or he asks me what kind of farmer I am and I no longer have an answer.

It seems the Shop no longer carries that fulvital wsp 80 cause the company no longer makes it, they have a new fulvic wsp 90 now.
    Dont know an Alternative, sry.

For Aminos, that Shop sells Siapton which is a good product. Its not suitable to be used in an irrigation tank though, as Amino Acids are great bacterial food.

Leave a comment:

• f-e
    replied
    Originally posted by BillFarthing View Post
    The only stupid question is one that doesn't get asked.

-Follow the feed schedule on your salt base. It essentially ramps up EC from seedling/transplant -> veg -> transition -> bloom and cuts out for flush.

-Mr. Fulvic/AGT-50 is always 0.5-1ml/gallon drench from transplant through harvest.

-Supplemental calcium is used right before flip either drench or foliar until they stop stretching or show flowers. Usually 1-2 weeks.

-Bloom booster is used week 4-6 of flower. I listed MKP, but I also like the homemade Hammerhead recipe.

-pH Down is used as needed to keep the pH 5.5-6.2.

-Insecticidal soap is used 15-60ml/gal. with Mr. Fulvic at 0.5-1ml/gallon foliar veg through transition. The fulvic makes the soap trans-laminar and provides foliar stress reduction.

This method exactly follows the tissue sample graphs that I always post from Agricen.

View Image

View Image
    ^^ images of tissue analysis

Are these entire plants dried and ground.

I know my overall ppm couldn't increase that many fold, so I guess the upward trend is largely based on accumulation. With some changes in trend, which you are adjusting the feed for, knowing they are going to take it.

In the UK we have Solufeed. They have some hydro mixes going back 70 years. I think it was 'F' with 0-18-32 which looks a bit like jacks ratio's if it were a 9 at the front. They suggest Potassium Nitrate and for inert media Calcium Nitrate. I know it's away from the established Jacks/MB ratio's but thought it's requirement for N might interest you. Regarding the need for low N amendments jacks needs. * Some Ca must go in as the Ca&Mg look balanced 1:1 in the base. I haven't had a really good look at it though. I'm actually happy with buying water from GT as their 1 part ionic coco has quite a bit of black sludge in it already.

* This reads badly. I'm saying Calcium Nitrate may not need avoiding, as the N is actually needed. I'm unsure about the Potash Nitrate. I don't like a lot of K. I find it problematic. My best yields of are without it. iirc my base is 1.4 1.5 3.1 and I raise the P (on the whole)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X