What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

ButterflyEffect

What are the advantages of the Albion Metalosate compared to the Biomin Calcium?

Albion is 5-0-0-18

Biomin liquid is 1-0-0-5

Biomin powder is 5-0-0-15

I currently use the Biomin liquid but when I restock I'll be choosing between the Albion or the Biomin powder.

Also, how does thcis all play out if I want to use gypsum? Do I run any realistic chance of pushing to much Ca?

ButterflyEffect

That’s what I run Jacks A+B with MKP during flower. Trying to transition from the Cal Nit to a calcium lower in N during flower.

Same here. Trying to load with calcium before they hit flower. It's an issue that's haunted me ever since I switched to hempys from soil.

What's your medium?

ButterflyEffect

You might check out Cal Prime. It's a cal-nit that has a higher proportion of Ca.

Would you consider the 23.5% or the 33% for Ca concentration amounts?

Looks like a good replacement, or at least one to use after stretch. Looks to be about a $1 more a pound than the Jacks based on what I paid for it last. Not bad for the ratio.

dramamine

Would you consider the 23.5% or the 33% for Ca concentration amounts?

Looks like a good replacement, or at least one to use after stretch. Looks to be about a $1 more a pound than the Jacks based on what I paid for it last. Not bad for the ratio.

It depends on what your other numbers are. Best bet is to get a nutrient calculator like Hydrobuddy and plug your numbers in. Use whichever one puts you where you wanna be.
I mix my own salts and CalPrime helps me get Ca up without excess N. I run it throughout the cycle.

BillFarthing

Veteran
It depends on what your other numbers are. Best bet is to get a nutrient calculator like Hydrobuddy and plug your numbers in. Use whichever one puts you where you wanna be.
I mix my own salts and CalPrime helps me get Ca up without excess N. I run it throughout the cycle.

CalPrime cal-nit is 17-0-0. That is too much nitrogen to additionally supplement with..

I'd stick with metalosate calcium, Biomin or Growmore flowering cal-mag to bump up calcium in veg/transition outside of cal nit as part of your base.

ButterflyEffect

I'm using hydrobuddy now. Just got it mostly figured out. I'm running Jacks Hydro and their Calnit but I'm moving toward mixing my own. Frankly getting the micros right is the only thing that's giving me pause. Hoping to figure it out by the time I run out of the Jacks.

Here's my post-stretch numbers as of today. I adjusted the numbers down a bit. 161-71-211-184-51 @ 1.4EC

Those numbers include .5G/G of MKP and 60ppm of Biomin Calcium(1-0-0-5)

Do you have any insight on ratios of the elements at any given phase? What media are you in?

ButterflyEffect

CalPrime cal-nit is 17-0-0. That is too much nitrogen to additionally supplement with..

I'd stick with metalosate calcium, Biomin or Growmore flowering cal-mag to bump up calcium in veg/transition outside of cal nit as part of your base.

I was thinking it would make a good replacement for base calnit while in flower. I would just use the 15-0-0 for pre-stretch.

I should finally have my gypsum this week and that just adds another layer of intrigue!

BillFarthing

Veteran
I wouldn't sweat micros. Jack's STEM is great, or PlantProd chelated micros are even better. They are absorbed as the plant needs. A good fulvic acid will do the same thing. PlantProd chelated micros are available at Custom Hydro Nutrients.

dramamine

I didn't mean he should supplement with it. It's good as a base nutrient with regard to running higher Ca.

ButterflyEffect

I wouldn't sweat micros. Jack's STEM is great, or PlantProd chelated micros are even better. They are absorbed as the plant needs. A good fulvic acid will do the same thing. PlantProd chelated micros are available at Custom Hydro Nutrients.

I have their MOST, but I haven't ever used it. I'll have to figure it all out when the time comes to switch away from Jacks. For me, it's how much to use since it seems pretty easy to toxify from to much on the micros department.

Drewsif

So fulvic is what makes weed smell like weed.. That's the big secret going around the legal industry?

Does this mean all the commercial bud is going to soon smell like nutes, ecig terps AND weed?

Will canna labs test the organic terp wheel now? Lol
picture.php

eek a penis

Hey guys! This is my first post on the forum. Been reading through it for a while but it seems I need to start asking some questions because I think I’m over analyzing everything. I grow outdoor and used fish emulations and guanos and all the diff meals. Gets just as expensive as the AN bottles people talk about. Anyway gonna jump on the Jacks nutes per all the great reviews for a fraction of the cost.
My plan for next season is to use jacks outdoor 18-8-23 I would be growing in peat/vermiculite with lime added for ph and cal. Epsom for mag. I need the lime and epsom because the outdoor doesn’t have cal in it.

Sorry for the long back story. My questions are for the nitrogens of different nutes. With peat being soiless would nitrogen like urea and ammoniacal work? Does it have the microbes to break it down? Or would nutes like that need a soil like HF or the like? Growing outdoors in peat would nitrate be better like the jacks 321 because its kind of like a hydro? And if I need to add stuff to the peat to make the outdoor formula work why wouldn’t I just use the 321 that has it in it already? Sorry again for the long post and all over the place questions.

So yeah, hey! Nice to meet you guys!

Biologist

Sorry for the long back story. My questions are for the nitrogens of different nutes. With peat being soiless would nitrogen like urea and ammoniacal work? Does it have the microbes to break it down?

In discussions with the people that make Promix they have said that urea can still be broken down in Promix. It has enough bacteria to do the job. It seems that the worries about urea are pretty unfounded for most substrates. I've always liked this thread where someone tests orchids growing on bark and they grow just fine with urea based fertilizer, busting an old orchid myth with a good old-fashioned experiment. There are other good reasons to avoid urea in hydroponics and indoor growing though, but outside I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

https://garden.org/thread/view/10785/Urea-vs-non-urea-fertilizers/

Roadblock

Hi Bill, in Aus and cant get metalosate calcium, cant get loads of stuff here but anyway would this product do in its place .

YARA REXOLIN CaEDTA chelated cal 9.7%

Rexolin® CaEDTA is a stable, water-soluble and non-dusting calcium chelate, for agriculture and horticulture use as foliar feed.

A crop and yield can often suffer from a mild nutrient deficiency without exhibiting any visual symptoms. A chelate guarantees availability of Fe, Zn, Mn and Cu in pH conditions greater than 5 - 6.

Rexolin® products are safe and easy to use, providing an efficient nutrient uptake over time, guaranteeing a healthy, productive crop and maximum yield.

Latest posts

Latest posts