Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H G Griffin View Post
    You seem to be coming in as a random guy on the internet yourself, and your only backup for your claims is "do some reading" and a direction to a search engine for an article about tobacco.
    Actually I provided you with the exact name of the scientific paper.

"Effects of Chlorine on Growth and Quality of Tobacco" by Hiroshi Ishizaki and Tatsushki Akiya.

I could have just put a link into my post, but this is a forum - maybe some people will read this posts years later and all links will be dead by then.
    But if you have the name of a specific paper, you can still google it.

There's a reason that a lot of fertilizer formulas explicitly state "chlorine free" or "low chlorine content".
    While chlorine is beneficial for some crops, it's kind of devastating to others - for example crops, where the plant tissue gets burned.

People try to avoid chlorine in tobacco since the nineteenth century, and the principles of the matter are the same as with cannabis.
    As soon as you have a certain amount of Cl- anions in your plant tissue, you have fucked up your quality.
    And cannabis is a great accumulator, much more than tobacco.

But, besides tobacco, these negative effects can be seen on a lot more crops.
    There is a negative correlation of shelf life, nutritional value, taste (etc) to a rising chlorine content.

You can give your plants all the chlorine you want, I just feel sorry for people who take such advice.
    Because it can make them smoke schwag for months.

/Edit:
    Thinking that biochemical processes don't apply to you because you're selling your bud is... a very special point of view.

The shitty bud in dispensaries has to come from somewhere too, I guess.
    Last edited by Broggemann; 11-07-2020, 19:57.

Comment

Thanks for all the positivity and DM's about the BF Tek. It works!

"The hydroponics store is a rip off" -Bill Farthing

DIY nutrients/biostimulants/IPM
      http://opensalts.wikidot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BillFarthing View Post
        Thanks for all the positivity and DM's about the BF Tek. It works!

View Image
        Love
        that pic bro. U got any more pics of the girls to show off ???

Comment

Sure, bud.

Comment

Originally posted by BillFarthing View Post
            Sure, bud.

View Image
            My
            god i could look at that all day haha. Heaven in a room

Bet defoilation days haunt you like the dentist root canal appointment
            What system is that like drain to waste? Or into slabs cant see past the canopy lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bio boy View Post
              My
              Bet defoilation days haunt you like the dentist root canal appointment

Day 0, 21, and 42 of flower. So pretty much constantly.

Originally posted by Bio boy View Post
              What system is that like drain to waste? Or into slabs cant see past the canopy lol

Yes, there is a floor drain. The floors are dry in a half hour with the air circulation and dehus.

Comment

Hey Bill, what changes did you notice when you started defoliating? Increased yield, thc, terpenes, etc.?

I got the AGT-50, liking it a lot so far. Love the smell, like liquid smoke!

Comment

Originally posted by Biologist View Post
                  Hey Bill, what changes did you notice when you started defoliating? Increased yield, thc, terpenes, etc.?

I got the AGT-50, liking it a lot so far. Love the smell, like liquid smoke!

When defoliating, light can get to the lower flowers, meaning a lot less larf. It's really important when using with high density trellis.

I think the liquid smoke smell is the amino and organic acids? AGT is great, but I don't have a business. I talked to a dude there, but their order size is huge. Mr. Fulvic is probably a better fit for most people.

Comment

My Mr fulvic just arrived, 1000 gallons in that little bottle, neat. So you'd think this will be a step up from realgrower's recharge Bill? I wanted to go all dry soluble(ish) but recharge isn't getting me where I want to be in the taste department.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaucksbacon View Post
                      My Mr fulvic just arrived, 1000 gallons in that little bottle, neat. So you'd think this will be a step up from realgrower's recharge Bill? I wanted to go all dry soluble(ish) but recharge isn't getting me where I want to be in the taste department.

The carbon content in Recharge makes it only suitable for soil. It has humic acid (very little fulvic) and some kelp.

Mr. Fulvic has fulvic, amino and organic acids. The salesman told me they have to keep it a liquid to retain the last two parts. That's why they make it so concentrated.

And yes, your frost content, taste and aroma will shoot through the roof even with straight salts.

Comment

awesome Bill, thanks for sharing

Comment

So far really great

So it's been a few weeks since I introduced what you recommended.

I am using .5 up to 1 gram / gallon of metasolate during veg, and ramp it up to 1.5g/ Gallon during stretch/transition. They can probably take more, this is just what I started with.
                          Veg is looking great, better than before which was healthy, now the leaves are perky as well.

Using .5ml gal of Mr fulvic in veg and 1ml/gal after flip. Veg already looks better so it's hard to tell how it is impacting that, just from looking at the plants.
                          Flowers are getting frostier (earlier too), greasier, and seem to be more pungent, I'm excited to smoke them!

Using MKP (I've used it before, but different timing) @1g/gallon week 4-6 (start day 21 end day 34/35) flowers are chunkier by far compared to not using it. I added it too late when I used it before and it always gave me crazy castling/foxtails and new flower growth on top of mostly finished buds, so I quit using it.

Anyways, just wanted to update. it's going great and I can already tell I'm gonna be much more pleased with the results than I am with just Jack's/cal nit.

I'll try and post pics I forgot how to do it on here
                          God was giving out brains and the stoner thought he said trains, stoner says no thanks I'll catch the next one

Comment

Originally posted by indocult View Post

Using MKP (I've used it before, but different timing) @1g/gallon week 4-6 (start day 21 end day 34/35) flowers are chunkier by far compared to not using it. I added it too late when I used it before and it always gave me crazy castling/foxtails and new flower growth on top of mostly finished buds, so I quit using it.

That may be why I'm getting really exaggerated foxtails this round. I'm not terribly worried about it but the first thing I thought was they were getting too close to my new quantum boards. I run perpetual so I give them .5g mkp regardless of stage in flower.

Comment

there's a pic of a crazy foxtail on my nearly ready jawa pie, sorry about the rotation

Attached Files

Comment

The tissue sample graph calls for a bloom boost week 4-6 of flower.

Fox tails could be from a few things- heat, too much kelp, or too much 660nm from LED's. Regardless, they look great!

Comment

Working...
                                X