Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Nutrient Line for Commercial and Home Grows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ledtime
    replied
    Originally posted by BillFarthing View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Here's the dosages for a 5-gallon bucket of feed but dial in your own grow:

Base: (Jacks/MB)- Veg/transition/flower
    3/2 ratio is 1 TBS MB/Jacks base, 1 tsp Cal Nit.

Can ramp up to 18 grams base, 12 grams cal nit if possible by week 7 of flower. /5 gallon

Transition: Flip until stretch is done
    Metalosate calcium- 5 grams /5 gallon
    Growmore Flowering Cal-Mag- 20 ml /5 gallon

Flowering: Week 4-6 flower
    1 tsp. ~5 grams MKP /5 gallon

Biostimulant: veg, transition, flower, flush
    Mr. Fulvic- 2.5-5ml/ 5 gallon

Foliar: Veg/transition (1 gallon)
    15-30 ml insecticidal soap/Dr. Bronners, 0.5-1ml Mr. Fulvic
    Bill, is there an alternative to Metalosate Calcium? I can only find it in a 5lb container for around $100USD. Considering I'll only need 100g per grow, It would last me 22 grows. I guess as long as it has a shelf life? Thanks sir. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• mackdx
    replied
    Was running Megacrop. As a feet, it worked well with one exception. As Bill suggested earlier in this thread, cheap humics eventually led to clogged spray stakes and circulation pumps. I recently switched to Masterblend 3 part and have been very happy so far. Mixes easily, pH stable, clean, and cheap!

Leave a comment:

• unregistered190
    replied
    I was get ready to make DIY Clear Res but then I read on another forum that one does want to use the HTH pool shock that’s sold in the USA. That it has ingredients one doesn’t want vs the pool shock sold in Canada that is ok to use. The % of active ingredients is different for sure.

Any experience with this from someone here on ICMag?

Leave a comment:

• Legalcdn
    replied
    I can't lie, the megacrop (1 part) and bud explosion last year worked flawless in DTW. No def with tap water. The bud explosion has a mild ratio of 0-19-39 that can be diluted. I would buy the 2 part but i have lots of jacks 5-12-26.

I can send PM if you want this spreadsheet for calculations. It has nute profile of 50ish products. You just punch in numbers and check results.

Leave a comment:

• f-e
    replied
    I just ran it properly. Your 140 looked so right in my mind, until I actually wrote it all out. I got 125ppm but lost some accuracy with rounding.

We can buy these ratio's in the UK, by the Kg, for a tenner. https://greenleafnutrients.com/europe/
    Sent out within the UK only, since Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• Legalcdn
    replied
    Originally posted by f-e View Post
    That's strange. I'm getting about 140.
    Jacks is 5% giving about 40, then calnit 15% giving about 100

I did notice a mistake, but just a 'one too many' error. When you converted from imperial to metric, you divided the PPM's

I guess it's even later in the day now
    3 grams of jacks and calnit (yara 15.5%) comes to 121 of N.

3.6 grams comes close to 140ish..

I didn't convert, just showed in gallon and for the rest of the world (except 3 countries in the world still using imperial) the metric ppm per liter.

i use a nice excel spreadsheet with tons of nute formulas.
    Last edited by Legalcdn; 06-04-2021, 00:55.

Leave a comment:

• f-e
    replied
    That's strange. I'm getting about 140.
    Jacks is 5% giving about 40, then calnit 15% giving about 100

I did notice a mistake, but just a 'one too many' error. When you converted from imperial to metric, you divided the PPM's

I guess it's even later in the day now

Leave a comment:

• Legalcdn
    replied
    Originally posted by f-e View Post

Thanks Pal. It looks like I was tipping the whole box in That's a very typical looking outcome
    I made a mistake on the N.

NPK is 121-41-171 with CAL-MAG-SULF @ 125-50-67.
    I like to add the fulvic acid as per Bill's recommendation.

i found using the 3-2-1 with fulvic provides great results. Every other feed i reduce a little jacks and calnit for one feed.

I will be starting up the zac tribute, mountain gold and purp sat (greenmountain seeds) in august. Hope to dust a few branches to get F1 seeds.

Leave a comment:

• mexweed
    replied
    found this koots feed chart using 321 in a mix of 8 quarts perlite per 50 liters coco recommends presoaking the coir in calmag at 5ml/gallon, has some microbe supplementation too

https://kootmed.com/.downloads/FEED/JACKS-3-2-1.pdf

Leave a comment:

• f-e
    replied
    Originally posted by Legalcdn View Post
    Jacks
    3 grms per gal: 373 ppm
    .79 grm per litre : 98.55 ppm

Cal-nit (yara)
    2.5 grm per gal : 228 ppm
    .66 grms per litre : 60.2 ppm

142-41-171 cal-mag-sulf : 125-50-67

3gr + 2.5gr = 1.55 EC
    Thanks Pal. It looks like I was tipping the whole box in That's a very typical looking outcome

Leave a comment:

• f-e
    replied
    Originally posted by mexweed View Post
    isn't the 321 already proven as in you can just follow it and not worry about measuring ppm etc, I'm thinking 1/2 strength for seedlings, and every other/less is more with the supplements
    You can't measure PPM's. He calculated them. He measured EC. Any meter claiming to read PPM is telling you a bedtime story.
    Not all substrates are the same, so it's not a 'one size fits all' recipe, if you are shooting for gold. This really isn't a thread for dumbing things down. I'm very interested as I'm also in coco and looking at the calcium to potassium ratios, with Mg being very important in that equation. In soil, calcium's significance is so low, some feeds don't bother. In coco, it's very important to keep feeding it in, to keep the coco working. The less is more technique will quickly ruin a coco grow.

Leave a comment:

• mexweed
    replied
    isn't the 321 already proven as in you can just follow it and not worry about measuring ppm etc, I'm thinking 1/2 strength for seedlings, and every other/less is more with the supplements

Leave a comment:

• Legalcdn
    replied
    Jacks
    3 grms per gal: 373 ppm
    .79 grm per litre : 98.55 ppm

Cal-nit (yara)
    2.5 grm per gal : 228 ppm
    .66 grms per litre : 60.2 ppm

121-41-171 cal-mag-sulf : 125-50-67

3gr + 2.5gr = 1.55 EC
    Last edited by Legalcdn; 06-03-2021, 21:04.

Leave a comment:

• f-e
    replied
    Originally posted by Junior Capsula View Post
    Bill could you help me locate a nutrient calculator that can tell me the PPMs of Jacks @ 3/2.5? I’d like to dial back the nitrogen in bloom after transition but would like exact numbers.
    Did you ever run the numbers? I find the apps looked like rocket science so have the calculator out and it's difficult..

Bills cost analysis suggests 1.5g per liter of 5-12-26 giving 75-80-324
    Later calnit is spoke of as a 3:2 ratio. Making it 225-80-324-190

That wound indeed be high N based on most studies. With Ca beyond any bottled feed I have seen. My heads shot right now though. I need some support

Leave a comment:

• unregistered190
    replied
    Excellent thread Bill, thanks for all the info.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X