What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone running Athena????

$am

Biologist Hey thanks for the response. I just bought some of the Athena pro and I’ll give it a shot. Would prob be simpler to just like your post but I don’t know how to do that but I appreciate the feedback.

Biologist

$am I got the test results back and put into my spreadsheet and everything is lower (averaging about 15% less THC and terps) than the Jacks 321 the run before. :( I don't know what to do haha. The testing is so non-standardized and unreliable in my state that I don't know whether to trust it or what. May just go back to Jacks 321 idk. Certainly cheaper haha. And I'd get those dense bowling ball buds that everyone loves. I'll have to think longer on this and look at the buds more and decide.

Come back and tell us your experiences with the Athena!

Attachments

• IMG-4149.JPG
    IMG-4149.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG-4148.JPG
    IMG-4148.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG-4147.JPG
    IMG-4147.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:

$am

Biologist Very interesting. I think the Jack's looks a bit better in my opinion. It doesn't have that purple color that everyone likes and obviously I can't smell it through the computer but I think I'd take the Jack's if I had to pick. I'll definitely run through all the Athena I have though and report back on how it goes. The Athena has been nice so far. Plants look happy and ph has been right on with no adjustments so that's been nice. I've never run the 321 though so maybe I'll give that a shot. I've got two rooms so I could theoretically do a side by side next time but it would take a little playing with my set up to make my irrigation system work. Thanks for filling us in on the test results and adding the pics.

stealth96

$am I got the test results back and put into my spreadsheet and everything is lower (averaging about 15% less THC and terps) than the Jacks 321 the run before. :( I don't know what to do haha. The testing is so non-standardized and unreliable in my state that I don't know whether to trust it or what. May just go back to Jacks 321 idk. Certainly cheaper haha. And I'd get those dense bowling ball buds that everyone loves. I'll have to think longer on this and look at the buds more and decide.

Come back and tell us your experiences with the Athena!
What yielded more the Athena or jacks? Just finished my second round with jacks and was planing on switching to Athena and give it a try. Is there any difference in taste?

Biologist

stealth96 I don't know the yields yet, as we are still trimming the Athena harvest. The bud tenders I gave the samples to said the taste was better with the Athena and one guy said the high was better with the Jacks. One said he didn't notice a difference in the high between the two. For now, I've gone back to Jacks.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So i tried the full pro line of athena. Gave it a good 5 cycles and i switched back to my old pureblend pro program. All the same strains and lights and all and on a side by side my pureblend program just did much better. On the athena side the buds have been coming out darker, the plants smaller and not as loud as usual. Botanicare side ran as it should have been. For a commercial grower it may be good enough to run a one size fits all program but it didnt cut it for me quality wise. Mac on the pbp

Attachments

• 20210913_153301.jpg
    20210913_153301.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 395

n0name_james

So i tried the full pro line of athena. Gave it a good 5 cycles and i switched back to my old pureblend pro program. All the same strains and lights and all and on a side by side my pureblend program just did much better. On the athena side the buds have been coming out darker, the plants smaller and not as loud as usual. Botanicare side ran as it should have been. For a commercial grower it may be good enough to run a one size fits all program but it didnt cut it for me quality wise. Mac on the pbp

@sturgeongeneral, I am running PBP in Coco, and I was hoping to get your input on what to use in addition to Calmag Plus, PBP Grow and PBP Bloom Soil. I am trying to build a recipe that will help me maintain quality but improve my yields. Any recommendations are much appreciated!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
So good info here Biologist. Thank you for sharing.
If you are done with the Athena, it would be interesting to see that lab analysis you had done. Is the N:K ratio, more towards the N than with Jacks?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
@sturgeongeneral, I am running PBP in Coco, and I was hoping to get your input on what to use in addition to Calmag Plus, PBP Grow and PBP Bloom Soil. I am trying to build a recipe that will help me maintain quality but improve my yields. Any recommendations are much appreciated!

I have not too much experience with Pure Blend in coco but I do have a bunch of experience with PBP. My line up which I've used for years and I consider the best results are as follows...

Pure Blend Pro bloom Cal/Mag
Protekt Dynagro
Advanced Big Bud (5ml gal weeks 3-6)
Advanced Overdrive (5ml gal weeks 7-8)
Flush with pure pH'd water. Week 9

Add the additives as specified on the bottles, then bring solution up to desired ppm/ec with the pure blend boom. pH to 5.8 hydro, or 6.1 Coco, or 6.5 soil.

Pure blend pro and cal/mag on their own grow amazing plants. The additives just make it all nicer. Just my experience.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So for me in coco i run power si original and pbp hrow for veg. Flower is si bloom, pbp bloom soil, calmag and a booster. Flush with clearex at week 8 or 9 strain dependent. I also trwat with athena ipm and stack from veg until day 35 in flower.

n0name_james

I have not too much experience with Pure Blend in coco but I do have a bunch of experience with PBP. My line up which I've used for years and I consider the best results are as follows...

Pure Blend Pro bloom Cal/Mag
Protekt Dynagro
Advanced Big Bud (5ml gal weeks 3-6)
Advanced Overdrive (5ml gal weeks 7-8)
Flush with pure pH'd water. Week 9

Add the additives as specified on the bottles, then bring solution up to desired ppm/ec with the pure blend boom. pH to 5.8 hydro, or 6.1 Coco, or 6.5 soil.

Pure blend pro and cal/mag on their own grow amazing plants. The additives just make it all nicer. Just my experience.

Thanks! I have used both of those AN products, though not with PBP, and they work great.

n0name_james

So for me in coco i run power si original and pbp hrow for veg. Flower is si bloom, pbp bloom soil, calmag and a booster. Flush with clearex at week 8 or 9 strain dependent. I also trwat with athena ipm and stack from veg until day 35 in flower.

Nice and simple. I hear good things about Power Si. I currently do a foliar of Stout MSA and liquid kelp thru week 2 of flower, it helps with stretch and keeps the ladies happy. But I am considering switching out the Stout MSA for the Power Si Original. I like that it has npk and a couple micros. Probably gonna try Hydroplex starting week 4 of flower as well. Thank you for the feedback.

Ocean.grower

I've been reading everything you wrote, it's amazing 🙏, it's my first comment in a forum haha ​​sorry if I do it wrong. I will be running athena pro, 2.0 in flower and if the plant can hold up to 3.0 in flower

Biologist

So good info here Biologist. Thank you for sharing.
If you are done with the Athena, it would be interesting to see that lab analysis you had done. Is the N:K ratio, more towards the N than with Jacks?
Sorry for the late response, but the Athena had less N than Jacks. About 110 ppm N made up to the Normal strength.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
20yrs of hydro and I am now completely sold on soil + bunny shit. ;)

BTW... 'pushing' cannabis drastically lowers end quality. Your goal should be to provide the least amount of nutes which supply the minimum necessary for complete and robust health. You can flush the extra EC down the toilet and get better quality and a larger harvest yield. ;)

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway

Attachments

• tell-me-again-how-you-plan-to-put-that-genie-back-in-the-bottle.jpg
    tell-me-again-how-you-plan-to-put-that-genie-back-in-the-bottle.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 18-songs-people-were-shocked-to-realise-are-actua-2-474-1586837380-1_dblbig.jpg
    18-songs-people-were-shocked-to-realise-are-actua-2-474-1586837380-1_dblbig.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 86
  • downloadbb.jpg
    downloadbb.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 73
  • downloadii.jpg
    downloadii.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 79

Latest posts

Latest posts