Clear All

• jrelax
    replied
    i have try 3 different silica

the only one that works good for me is the Plant Magic Plus - Bio silicone
    this is organic
    i grow in soil organic

Plant-Magic Bio-Silicon - leaf & stem strengthener

Protects against pests and intense light and prevents stems snapping.
    Bio-Silicon builds stronger cell walls to strengthen leaves and stems.

Product Details

Strengthens plant cell walls which strengthens leaves and stems to:

• Prevent stems from snapping under heavy yields

• Reduce leaf droop so light reaches all leaves and fruit

• Protect against heat, cold, drought and intense light

• Reduce pest attack - the harder cell walls are more resistant to attack from pests and fungi

Contents:

Straight potassic fluid fertiliser with iron – potassium silicate

Potassium oxide (K2O) 11.7 (9.7%K)

Silicon as SiO2 soluble in water 14.3%

Iron (Fe) chelated by EDTA soluble in water 0.05%

How to use:

• Shake well before use

• Foliar: Use 1 ml per litre

• Drench: Use 0.5 – 1 ml per litre

• For more detailed instructions, see our grow schedules online

For automated systems we recommend using Plant Magic Hydro Silicon.

link to this product i use

https://www.plant-magic.co.uk/produc...rengthener/22/

You found the ones for hydro also at that site, this i dont know nothing about.
    I only know the BIO Silicon is awsome
    i hand water it to my dirtpots

this really makes the stems FAT XXXXXL
    The important thing is stop use this 20 days before Harvest. You dont like smoke this.
    Last edited by jrelax; 12-13-2018, 14:20.

Leave a comment:

• Malato
    replied
    Originally posted by Bud Green View Post
    I have a question...

Silica sand is mined not too far from me...
    I can get a trailer load of it for the taking..
    It is fairly fine, (like sand for iron casting molds) and is very white and pure...

Other than for creating drainage in my soil, would silica sand do any good in my garden,
    or is the silicon locked up in the grains and unavailable for plant uptake??
    i think Mr.Greengenes answered this bro, hope that helps

Originally posted by Mr. Greengenes View Post
    On average, I go through 1-1/2 90lb. bags of playground sand a year. Some of that is just waste that I couldn't shake off the roots and ends up in the garden, but the rest is being 'eaten' by plants. It took me a couple decades to wrap my head around that. Apparently, plants 'eat' sand!

Leave a comment:

• Bud Green
    replied
    I have a question...

Silica sand is mined not too far from me...
    I can get a trailer load of it for the taking..
    It is fairly fine, (like sand for iron casting molds) and is very white and pure...

Other than for creating drainage in my soil, would silica sand do any good in my garden,
    or is the silicon locked up in the grains and unavailable for plant uptake??

Leave a comment:

• Malato
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Greengenes View Post
    Cool thread, thanks everyone for contributing. I do what troutman says, I use regular playground sand in my soilmix. Quite a bit, actually. Sometimes it's probably 25% of the total. I flower plants quite root bound, so they visibly reduce the mass of the soil in that last container. Since I recycle 100% of my mix (have been for decades), I get an opportunity to see how much of each amendment gets used over time. On average, I go through 1-1/2 90lb. bags of playground sand a year. Some of that is just waste that I couldn't shake off the roots and ends up in the garden, but the rest is being 'eaten' by plants. It took me a couple decades to wrap my head around that. Apparently, plants 'eat' sand!

Other growers often remark that my plants have very strong stems. Of course, I often credit genetics, but I have no doubt that silica plays a role there too. But, there are many variables to consider. Like troutman, I also add greensand. I also use crushed up hardwood charcoal, which makes quite an obvious difference not only in stem strength but also in leaf color(s).
    super useful man

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Greengenes
    replied
    Cool thread, thanks everyone for contributing. I do what troutman says, I use regular playground sand in my soilmix. Quite a bit, actually. Sometimes it's probably 25% of the total. I flower plants quite root bound, so they visibly reduce the mass of the soil in that last container. Since I recycle 100% of my mix (have been for decades), I get an opportunity to see how much of each amendment gets used over time. On average, I go through 1-1/2 90lb. bags of playground sand a year. Some of that is just waste that I couldn't shake off the roots and ends up in the garden, but the rest is being 'eaten' by plants. It took me a couple decades to wrap my head around that. Apparently, plants 'eat' sand!

Other growers often remark that my plants have very strong stems. Of course, I often credit genetics, but I have no doubt that silica plays a role there too. But, there are many variables to consider. Like troutman, I also add greensand. I also use crushed up hardwood charcoal, which makes quite an obvious difference not only in stem strength but also in leaf color(s).

Leave a comment:

• Malato
    replied
    You guys think if youre using a mix with actual soil(dirt mixed in with my compost) that this doesnt apply? Since there would certainly already be loads of silica. Or does the form of silica make a difference?

Leave a comment:

• troutman
    replied
    I purchased some Greensand for my trace element feeding and it's loaded with Silica.

Leave a comment:

• jrelax
    replied
    if you want extra fat stems, offcourse
    good roots and fat stem is lovers to FAT BUDS

Try
    Oldtimers Bio Silica.

Then come back here say OMG my stems got fat.

If you grow in dirt indoors. This is sick medicine
    Stop use it 4weeks before harvest.
    You dont like smoke this stuff

give it from beginning to halfway flower

This is miracle in my grow.
    My best grow was always with this and mycchorzia.
    No matter what. the ones without is thin normal .

I add this and i got 1 inch stems always. I do short time, this helps get faster results,
    the light will be more expensive without this.

Better use this , it saves time, and energy. dont stress super light.
    use some good extra , save time and money in the end. less light, better results, this save us and world

PEACE
    Last edited by jrelax; 12-12-2018, 21:09.

Leave a comment:

• Ibechillin
    replied
    Between adding silicon and Calcium chelated with aminos (increase calcium uptake thousands of times) pests/fungi have very minimal chance of interfering with plants, brick shithouses in terms of cell wall strength!

This link below explains how the amino chelated calcium works as well as how the plants natural defenses work against fungi and mold.

https://www.maximumyield.com/what-to...-mildew/2/1400

More great articles here from same person (all great info!)

https://npk-industries.com/resources.html

Leave a comment:

• Steven/nevetS
    replied
    Hi bud, followed your link to here.
    I use silicon on all my grows.
    Immediatly i seen the effects on my plants in veg, stems were stronger
    Pests were minimal throughout grows.
    Doesnt brake the bank as a bottle & pippet lasted longer than i can remember
    Used it as ph down & it stabilised the resivour much better also.
    Seems to have many benifits and im sure people will notice and add to its benefits in future.
    I started using it around 2002 round about and wouldnt go without it now.

Leave a comment:

• wvkindbud38
    replied
    Originally posted by militia420 View Post
    There is this mistaken notion, due to people getting locked in with Darwin's proposal's for evolution, that an organism has static DNA and that it can not have it's DNA modified during its lifetime such that the modification is then passed on through reproduction. This is wrong.

An organism can and does have modifications to its DNA in it's lifetime and these modifications are reflected in the DNA available for reproduction.

So plants that grow in shit environments for generations lose vitality because every generation sees this ongoing dip in genetic vitality due to this struggle to survive in the shit environment. However, plants that are in an environment that allows them to thrive and exposes them to things such as these micronutrients, in optimal proportions will pass on strength and vigor in their progeny.

The thing is there's a lot of guys that don't wanna study the cannabis plant, and it's needs. I've dedicated the last 20-25yrs studying every type of book I can get to read and learn about the plant, environment affects, hydro, soil, soilless, I can go on and on because I love to study anything to do with cannabis. While it's a passion of mine to learn about things I still feel learning how others grow is another thing to study. Yes you can get some soil and grow good weed not knowing much. But when you don't know when to give a plant Si and/or stop feeding it.....you can sometimes cause more problems not understanding how/ when to feed these micro/macro and other elements....than if you just don't worry about it and just buy a good NPK nute and follow the feeding schedule. Ive studying for yrs I'm still learning things everyday.

Leave a comment:

• troutman
    replied
    Sand has a lot of silica and I think more people should use a tiny amount in their soil mixes.

Leave a comment:

• HHILL
    replied
    I’ve been using Agisil (potassium silicate) from Build a Soil this season with no ill effects. Foliar only so far., about 1/2 tsp per gallon. I mix with their Thrive.N and spray once per week. Very strong plants, very green and very big. Time will tell how it helps with mold/mildew as flowering is just starting here in California. So far the bugs are avoiding my garden and choose to go after the other plants surrounding the cannabis patch.

Leave a comment:

• Sativan
    replied
    Given that a typical mineral soil sample is about 30% silicone it makes perfect sense that plants use it effectively. Although most of the benefits aren't seen with the naked eye I imagine having a super vibrant plant is very nice. That translates into larger more potent buds as the entire plant grows stronger with much greater resistance to pests and diseases.

Leave a comment:

• militia420
    replied
    Originally posted by wvkindbud38 View Post
    Conclusion
    Cannabis I believe flourishes well given silicon and everything you can AFFord to give her. But do you have to have some of these elements to grow great plants prolly not.

The everyday guy prolly can't afford to buy everything these plants need. But if I'm the grower for a big seed company just gives you everything you damn right I'm gonna spread the love to these plants with all and everything trace element every used on cannanis.
    There is this mistaken notion, due to people getting locked in with Darwin's proposal's for evolution, that an organism has static DNA and that it can not have it's DNA modified during its lifetime such that the modification is then passed on through reproduction. This is wrong.

An organism can and does have modifications to its DNA in it's lifetime and these modifications are reflected in the DNA available for reproduction.

So plants that grow in shit environments for generations lose vitality because every generation sees this ongoing dip in genetic vitality due to this struggle to survive in the shit environment. However, plants that are in an environment that allows them to thrive and exposes them to things such as these micronutrients, in optimal proportions will pass on strength and vigor in their progeny.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X