What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kristalon + Calcinit ratio's

exer

hi all

Did anyone try a Yara Ferticare 6-14-30 + Calcinit?I intend to buy this stuff,because in my county i can not get Brown.
Do you have any suggestions for ratio?
My tap water is 0.13 ec, almost RO.I have big problems with this water.
I grow in E & F tabels with hydroton.

Ps.
Do you guys use Epsom salt with yara brown,it seems that have very few mg for RO water?

Me2

The Ferticare range isnt available here but to approximate 1g of kristalon brown you could use 0.673g ferticare, 0.35g potassium sulphate (krista SOP) and 0.06g magnesium sulphate (krista MGS or epsom).
Calcinit at 0.974g would get you fairly close to 1g kristalon brown + 1g calcinit with the exception that Fe is higher and Mn is quite a bit higher.

exer

thanks for help Me2.

Till now i already figured out my formula.I go deeper and start to calculate PPM for each neutrient element.
I can share this formula now ,maybe will someone like to try it.
I must say it is awesome! I never seen happier plants and i m growing almost 10 years.

YARA is BOMB!

I use Ferticare 6-14-30 +Calcinit 15.5 %N ,19% CA

My tap water is 0.13 ec ,so is very clean ,almost RO

I run 1.2-1.0 EC with neutrients ,ph 5.7. Ebb & flow tables ,with hydroton filled pots

Week 1-4

Ferticare (0.48g/l) ,Calcinit (0.52g/l)

N 111 ppm
P 29 ppm
K 118 ppm
Ca 100 ppm
Mg 12 ppm

Week 5-6

Ferticare (0.5g/l) ,Calcinit (0.4g/l)

N 91ppm
P 31 ppm
K 125 ppm
Ca 75 ppm
Mg 12 ppm

Week 7-8

Ferticare (0.5g/l) ,Calcinit (0.26g/l),P/K 13/14 (0.5ml/L)

N 71ppm
P 61ppm
K 185ppm
Ca 50ppm
Mg 12ppm

Week 9

Flush with only tap water.

When i first time use this formula i expected Mg deficiency,because Ferticare is low in Mg,but so far everything is ok.If lack of Mg shows up ,add Epsom salt ( 0.21g/l),this will be extra 20 ppm of Mg.

I think this formula will only work with soft water (0.3 ec max) or RO water.
If you have a higher tap water ec ,you will have too much Ca in the mix.

lopocs.mpeg

thanks for help Me2.

Till now i already figured out my formula.I go deeper and start to calculate PPM for each neutrient element.
I can share this formula now ,maybe will someone like to try it.
I must say it is awesome! I never seen happier plants and i m growing almost 10 years.

YARA is BOMB!

I use Ferticare 6-14-30 +Calcinit 15.5 %N ,19% CA

My tap water is 0.13 ec ,so is very clean ,almost RO

I run 1.2-1.0 EC with neutrients ,ph 5.7. Ebb & flow tables ,with hydroton filled pots

Week 1-4

Ferticare (0.48g/l) ,Calcinit (0.52g/l)

N 111 ppm
P 29 ppm
K 118 ppm
Ca 100 ppm
Mg 12 ppm

Week 5-6

Ferticare (0.5g/l) ,Calcinit (0.4g/l)

N 91ppm
P 31 ppm
K 125 ppm
Ca 75 ppm
Mg 12 ppm

Week 7-8

Ferticare (0.5g/l) ,Calcinit (0.26g/l),P/K 13/14 (0.5ml/L)

N 71ppm
P 61ppm
K 185ppm
Ca 50ppm
Mg 12ppm

Week 9

Flush with only tap water.

When i first time use this formula i expected Mg deficiency,because Ferticare is low in Mg,but so far everything is ok.If lack of Mg shows up ,add Epsom salt ( 0.21g/l),this will be extra 20 ppm of Mg.

I think this formula will only work with soft water (0.3 ec max) or RO water.
If you have a higher tap water ec ,you will have too much Ca in the mix.

Thank you for sharing this. Is it work with coco?

lopocs.mpeg

I bought a bag of ferty and calnit, enough for 50000 liters of solution.

And just want to let you know I't works well with coco and R/O. Far the best I've tried.

Yara Kristalon is a great Start for anyone wanting to stop using Hydrostore Fertilizer. Depending on Countrys theres a different Selection of Formulas.

Look for something that has little Ammonium Nitrate %, less then 5%. Sadly only few of their Formulas fit that Criteria. Less then 30% Potassium would be ideal on Coco but most Formulas that are low N are also high K.

Kristalon 7,5-12-36 and 15-5-30 are the best i found.

novice4oil

I can't remember off the top of my head. But its very low in N for haze and his tap water is really good at 0.2ec.

I've made a spreadsheet to do the maths re mg/l I use it because I now mix salts from scratch as my tap water wasn't working with kristalon and caclinit, far too much calcium. So now I have to bring N from other salts than calcium nitrate.

I think for a final solution something like 0.8g/L kristalon and 0.5g/L calcinit is close to what my mate uses. But I will.check as I have it recorded exactly somewhere.

Peace
BL

Working with Kristalon, one tends to use a kilo per cubic meter or 1000 liters. If you don't mix directly in a tank, one makes A and B concentrates, generally 1/100 so a kilo in ten liters of water. Then one uses the amounts of concentrates to get the balance required. In general horticuture/agriculture it is usually a kilo of each. But for certain crops it may be 600 mililiter Brown (or 700mL in case of Kristalon white) to a liter of concentrate of Calcinit per 100L, for peppers. Strawberries don't require any additional N, so one uses a kilo of Kristalon Orange (6-12-36+3MGnO) per cubic meter of water.

New to feeding CB plants, googled all the icmag kristalon topics;-). Starting to go through them.

As for calculations are you working with elementary or the formulated values? Do you use Hydrobuddie? I never got the hang of it.

novice4oil

Yara Kristalon is a great Start for anyone wanting to stop using Hydrostore Fertilizer. Depending on Countrys theres a different Selection of Formulas.
And Yara has been re-cassifying/rebranding some of the basic products on top of that moving (part) of the kristalon line under Yaraterra, selling calcinit both under the Yaraterra and Yaraliva range, and probably more confusing stuff.

As for Yara Fertigate, didn't know about it, but there are multiple versions it seems, chickory, lettuce, tomato, vegetables and a general one, all with different values. So is that so nutrious that it can be used at 500 gram per cubic meter of water, or does the plant require less nutes, as Yara water soluables are generally formulated to offer 1000 liter per kilo of fertiliser, A, plus another kilo (or calculated amount for B) and standard bags are 25 Kg. So half of that 50000 liters mentioned above?

And it also varies what one can obtain by the volume, a single bag, or a pallet or big bag, let alone a full truck load, more will be available as the volume required grows;-).

In this brochure Yara mentions it has a piece of softawere to determine quantities needed: https://www.yara.com/siteassets/crop-nutrition/yaratera_general_brochure.pdf/

Yara has an online calculator to calculate esxchanges with it competitors, but lost the link.

novice4oil

To make your stock (concentrated) solutions you add 1kg of powder to 10 litres of water. Use these stock solutions in the ratios above to achieve your desired ec level..

Peace
BL

Officially it is a kilo for a totalof 10L, I also take the easy road of making almost 11 liter by starting with 10L of water. So that would make 1 liter of concentrate for a total of 3.5L of fertigate? Or 1 L concentrate A plus 1 L of concentrate B, for a total of 5,5L of feed? One starts of with a concentrate that is dilluted to 1:100.

Secondly does anyone use extra micronutrients like Yara Tera/Yara Vita Tenso Cocktail? Or are the low values in Kristalon sufficient?

novice4oil

To make accurate stock solutions, use r/o or distilled water. Add the chem to 7-8L of water and when its dissolved top it upto 10L. If you add the 1kg to 10L of water the stock solution wont be accurate.

You just don't shake enough? Also when stored in your jerrycans it should drop to the bottom if this is true, never noticed this? Kristalon dillutes quite well. Of course shake before each use. I am lucky I have a vibration plate I could used to help in the mixing. I start with 4-5L then add Kristalon, then shake, then top up with the remainder of the water. So much easier to shake a 5Kg can than and 11Kg one.

novice4oil

Hey there,

nice to have some folks on this thread again.
As for silicon. Only go with Aptus Regulator or Gena200. They are different forms of si. It's available in acid form to the plants. No other Si products work like this. Don't have to put it in your tank. Works even better in Foliar.

Peace and stay safe

There is also Siliforce, it is also a siliciumacid. The need for Silicium/silica is growth depended, Cucumber is has been used and proven to work for decases,other cropsresults are inconclusive. Some trials did not find a diffference between Silicumacid/Siliforce and good old Kaliummetylsilicate. Of course the latter doesn't work in foliar?

novice4oil

Is this the current Yara thread? Ah so it is week 1 kristalon 3 calicinit 5, not 1 liter of kristalon to 3-5 liter of water (ouch). Will need to look through the recipes and tips for additional fertilisers,again it was a bit much to take in. In the past i have come across recipes that use only Kristalon or much heavier on the kristalon compared to the Calcinit,to reduce the internode spacing,any-one know more about this?

coxnox

Veteran
hi guyz,

get some yara stuff from a friend, got 200gr of Krist Brown, 200gr of Calnit, 200gr of mkp.
have a few question,
1st one, is that enough mg or do i need epsom ?
dont have RO anymore can i use tap or do i need to buy distilled water to make my stock solution ?
200gr that make 2L stock solution right ? even for the MKP ?
and last one what ratio do yu use for commercial hybrid plant ?

i run a ebb & flow with rockwool....if that can help.

Terppalooza

hi guyz,

get some yara stuff from a friend, got 200gr of Krist Brown, 200gr of Calnit, 200gr of mkp.
have a few question,
1st one, is that enough mg or do i need epsom ?
dont have RO anymore can i use tap or do i need to buy distilled water to make my stock solution ?
200gr that make 2L stock solution right ? even for the MKP ?
and last one what ratio do yu use for commercial hybrid plant ?

i run a ebb & flow with rockwool....if that can help.
I mean my methods a bit gehtto, but its been working sofar. I have theese greenhouse feeding spoons. its like 1/2 table spoon aproximatly not fully shure on that xD.. anyways. on 5 liters tap water, terribly high ec 0.8ec base, for veg i use, 3/4 spoon of calcinit and 1/4 spoon of brown... just straight in, mix it and adjust the ph. for early flower i got. 1/2 spoonish yara brown 1/2 calcinit. and for the last few weeks i just use a full spoon of brown :) its been working pretty well for me sofar :) but any recomendations im open

Latest posts

Latest posts