What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

oti$

I use tap, but my tap ec is so low it barely registers on my truncheon. If i had tap that had an ec like yours, id definitely use ro. I would normally suggest 50\50, but with an ec that high, 80\20 would be a good idea. I have also have found that mixing tap with ro helps to keep ph more stable due to buffers that help keep municipal water supplies at a constant ph. By using ro or mostly ro, you will have a more accurate idea of whats in the solution you are feeding your plants. Im also pretty sure that mostof the minerals and salts n tap water aren't available to the plants, i learned that last tid bit on the internet, so im not 100% on that one. Good luck!:D

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I mix nutes with this puppy. Cold well water in a 5 gal bucket and 35 grams of MB. Less than 30 seconds and it's mixed. It creates a vortex whirlpool from top to bottom of the bucket. That's a metal garden stake that I drilled a couple holes through and bolted on an aluminum plate. If anybody has a faster way to mix 5 gal of MB I'd like to see it:biggrin:
P1040271_zpsepeb2vij.jpg

oti$

I mix nutes with this puppy. Cold well water in a 5 gal bucket and 35 grams of MB. Less than 30 seconds and it's mixed. It creates a vortex whirlpool from top to bottom of the bucket. That's a metal garden stake that I drilled a couple holes through and bolted on an aluminum plate. If anybody has a faster way to mix 5 gal of MB I'd like to see it:biggrin:
View Image

I use something similar, mines a paint stirring attachment...gets a rez thouroughly mixed fast

Does anyone ever work their way up to full 7g Mb? I've given my 1inch tall seedlings 3.5g of maxibloom and fear that this may be too much because of stunted growth in one of them. Should I have started at 1/4 strength and then moved to 1/2 strength then full?

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Does anyone ever work their way up to full 7g Mb? I've given my 1inch tall seedlings 3.5g of maxibloom and fear that this may be too much because of stunted growth in one of them. Should I have started at 1/4 strength and then moved to 1/2 strength then full?

A 1" plant don't need nutes. 200ppm of your tap/ro mix is plenty. Don't over water at this stage.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
How does KiSS method do in recirculating systems, I mean does the PH jump a lot or is it pretty consistent? Be nice to do a run that didnt involve two bases and 4-5 additives.

oti$

How does KiSS method do in recirculating systems, I mean does the PH jump a lot or is it pretty consistent? Be nice to do a run that didnt involve two bases and 4-5 additives.

I used it in a ppk, which is a type of recirculating syatem, and it did great. In fact it was my best run with maxibloom. I'm having some issues with my current dtw maxibloom grow and started them on maxigrow to see if it can correct said issues.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
thank you for the feedback stoned40yrs!! you da man!

I got a friend to switch over to coco and KISS last year. So he puts a bunch of clones in the coco and doesn't give them any feed except his well water which I tested at less than 100ppms. He grew them 4' tall in his greenhouse and they looked real good except they were lime green from a lack of N. He put them in bloom and gave them 7g/gal MB and they put out the dank. Coco and MJ are amazing.:tiphat:

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I used it in a ppk, which is a type of recirculating syatem, and it did great. In fact it was my best run with maxibloom. I'm having some issues with my current dtw maxibloom grow and started them on maxigrow to see if it can correct said issues.

What issues mate?

thanks again for the help stoney. Do you incorporate rapid start or roots exceleartor during veg period? or utilize protekt at all during the grow?any other additives you incorporate during the bloom stage like floralicious or koolbloom? I would like to know your concoction. :)

Dr.RedWhite

Even at 650ppm?

There seems to be a misconception as to plant uptake and PPM's going on, just because there are dissolved solids in your water does not mean your plant uses them or that necessarily they will cause problems. The only problem with my 1.1 EC water is that I have to PH it heavily and I get a slow upward drift as my nutes are used up. As long as I have my nutes at a level that is within reason and I change the reservoir every 7-10 days I have no issues with PPM buildup or lockouts. You can get a water report from your water dept (might get it online as published) and it will tell you what is in it.

Dr.RedWhite

I used Maxibloom in a recirculating Hempy setup and what I noticed was that MB drops my PH a good bit by itself requiring half as much PH down and that as the nutes were used up PH rose. The cure is just to do a normal res change when the PH is higher than you like or every 7-10 days. If you use RO water your problem will likely be your PH dropping too low and you will need to PH up.

What issues mate?

Could use your help buddy two of mine are still struggling. Is it possible that the combation of 3.5g of maxibloom plus 1-2ml of rapid start root enhancer is too much nitrogen and that's why they are stunted? I reduced to 1/4 strength and dropped rapid start and raised the lights

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW

im using maxibloom and veg+bloom dirty. i want to see which one actually does better for my preference in yeild,flavor and potency. i also have other plants that 1 gets maxi and floralicious plus and the other gets veg+bloom dirty and +size. so far the veg+bloom is just overall alot more healthy and the stems and trunk are fatter then the maxi

I dont understand the hype of the maxibloom lucas instructions. Its the same instructions on the package: 1 teaspoon per gallon.
So you can veg fine using a nute meant for bloom is all there is to learn here?

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
wut is veg + bloom dirty? 1 teaspoon of maxi in my well water sets my ph at 5.9, perfect for me coco.

oti$

i was having some lockout\deficiancy in veg on a couple plants, new strains, that i had not seen in my past grows with mb and couldn't fix until switching over to maxigrow. i know its not kiss one part the entire grow easy, but still pretty cheap and simple to feed mg in veg and switch over to mb for flower.
this is a cheese n chaze before mg:
picture.php
picture.php

and heres on after being fed mgrow for a couple weeks:
picture.php

i know the pics arent the best, but this one as well as all the others are much healthier looking. no deficient looking leaves no more red\purple stems\stalks, nothing but lush green growth. i know some purists may disagree, but after trying maxigrow in veg and seeing the results im going to keep using it for veg.