What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

blissfest

7g Maxibloom per 1 gallon of RO water is 950 PPM at the .5 conversion. I just checked an EC to PPM conversion chart and according to the numbers using the .5 conversion scale, the EC for Maxibloom at full strength (7 grams) is 1.9. That seems really high to me.

Is Maxibloom Lucas really that high EC at full strength? My plants are doing ok, but I'm sure more sensitive plants would be fried to shit by such a high EC.

7 grams is way too much, you only need 4.5-5 grams per gallon. And 5ml calmag per gal. if running coco. Lower EC does great, your plants will smell better and love it.

blissfest

I'm having a small issue with a few plants right now, this one is the worst and a few others are similar. I am watering at ph 5.8-6.0 with 7g of maxibloom per gal with 1g of Epsom salt. My tap water is pretty mellow, not sure of the exact ppm, but its very good city tap water that has had very low ppms for me in the past just no ppm meter at the moment. I have previously had some cal/mag issues in coco using this water, with my limited diagnostic experience I was thinking either overfeeding or cal/mag? These are 9 stardawgs from seed, with some displaying no issues at all, some with a tiny bit of tip yellowing/burn, which is the only reason I thought overfeeding. They are in 5 inch pots of botanicaire coco which was rinsed well before use. Their environment is a little warmer than I would like, about 80-85 F, humidity around 40%. I cut the maxibloom down to 75% or so, 5.25g per gallon, for the last few feedings and watered them to a hearty amount of run off to make sure the coco was flushed of anything dried up etc. This is my first go with the K.I.S.S. and other than this issue it has been great, very simple, TONS of healthy white roots, really great. Anyone have a bit of insight? Thanks guys :tiphat:

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=64867&pictureid=1544117&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

Run your PH at 6.2-6.5

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
I would bet everything your EC meter way off, lol

Yes my BlueLab truncheon, and everyone's meters here are way off and we all get the same readying at 7g per gallon. If you are still interested in betting everything you own I can post pics of my truncheon in a glass of calibration fluid.

Uptake of Calmag is better. Also it takes a few runoffs of higher PH nutes to even get your runoff PH at 6.2 with Coco. Been doing it a long time, and will never run PH below 6.2. I have no idea why some people say 5.8 with Coco?

Some people would say to run 5.8 because coco transfers cations the same way water does in hydro system. Some people have been running 5.8 for many years in coco with excellent results. If you really want excellent calcium and magnesium uptake you should be running pH at 7.5.

blissfest

Yes my BlueLab truncheon, and everyone's meters here are way off and we all get the same readying at 7g per gallon. If you are still interested in betting everything you own I can post pics of my truncheon in a glass of calibration fluid.

Some people would say to run 5.8 because coco transfers cations the same way water does in hydro system. Some people have been running 5.8 for many years in coco with excellent results. If you really want excellent calcium and magnesium uptake you should be running pH at 7.5.

Then maybe your scale is off then?

Because 7 grams of Maxi and 5ml of calmag per gallon is way higher than 1.7 EC. And I'll bet everything I own, lol :)

The facts are 5ml of CalMag per gallon of R.O. water is about .6 EC.

7 grams of Maxibloom and 5ml of CalMag per gallon of R.O. water comes out to 2.1-2.2 EC.

Much to high of an EC, than what you need :)

blissfest

I like my EC with Maxi and Calmag at 1.6 at the very most, and I grow badass monster plants :)

Around 4.5 grams of Maxi and 5ml of Calmag per gallon of R.O. water is all you need and it kicks ass. I have done the 7 gram gig and it sucks.

blissfest

Maxibloom grown Stardawg in a 3.5 gallon coco Hempy bucket.
sd3005_zpsc813ae2c.jpg

sd3003_zpsd62ca6b1.jpg

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
My plants would keel over dead if I added 5ml/gal calmag to my well water. Amazing you can add that much in RO, never would have thought that high.

blissfest

The cool thing about R.O. is you are starting from scratch, and what you add is what they get. Also many people have shit tap water to grow weed with. CalMag with Coco is mandatory imo.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
in coco,
I had to stop my cal/mag, the plants actually started showing calc toxicity. I have well water and my nutes have calcium and mg also, i was adding extra and it got kinda ugly. Nothing easing off thr calcium diddnt fix tho.

But yes coco needs cacium, especially at first.

Does anyone care that General Hydro is now owned by Monsanto? I switched to canna to get off of the GH but I want to go back to something cheaper and easier, maybe the Jacks Hydro?

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Then maybe your scale is off then?

Because 7 grams of Maxi and 5ml of calmag per gallon is way higher than 1.7 EC. And I'll bet everything I own, lol :)

The facts are 5ml of CalMag per gallon of R.O. water is about .6 EC.

7 grams of Maxibloom and 5ml of CalMag per gallon of R.O. water comes out to 2.1-2.2 EC.

Much to high of an EC, than what you need :)

That could be true, I don't use CalMag I use Silica Blast at 5ml per gallon along with my tap water and 7g of maxi. It comes out to 1.7 or 1.8 EC every time I have checked it and about a dozen other people in this thread get the same readings.