What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

tester

Can anyone please put 1tsp of MaxiBloom on a scale and tell me it's weight?
The amount and type of the pH Up would be great to know too.

G

Guest 18340

I have read this whole thread!

I like the idea, But there are a few things I do not like,

For the main reason I would like to see the plants yellow off at the end. That pic of the bud is to green for me, Telling me that the plant had to much (N) at the end of flower. This can affect taste and smell. I think switching to a flowing fert lower in (N) about 3-4 weeks into bloom would be a good choice.

I am going to be teaching classes soon and have been wondering if this was a good way to bring in new growers and keep it simple. I am still on the fence though. I am ready to take a room down and will try a few things for myself to see what is up.

GD
I picked off the yellowing leaves before I took those pics.
I can assure you that within 5 days the rest of those leaves would look exactly like the one Gsizzle posted:)
I'll take pics come harvest day.
Here's a good pic of a plant 10 days into flush. It's (Mr.Nice) MangoxWidow, K.I.S.S.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
I'll weigh the maxibloom for yah, but there is no way to judge how much pH adjustment you will need everyones water is different. I use tap water and it's not the same pH all the time. you gonna have to get some way to test pH.

a level teaspoon weighs 6.5 grams

Ioni Botani

Can anyone please put 1tsp of MaxiBloom on a scale and tell me it's weight?
The amount and type of the pH Up would be great to know too.

Sorry Tester, but I'm going to have to refer you to Post #1...
Redundancy is just becoming an issue in the thread.

Peace and good luck to all.

IonI

P

Purple Monster

I have read this whole thread!

I like the idea, But there are a few things I do not like,

For the main reason I would like to see the plants yellow off at the end. That pic of the bud is to green for me, Telling me that the plant had to much (N) at the end of flower. This can affect taste and smell. I think switching to a flowing fert lower in (N) about 3-4 weeks into bloom would be a good choice.

I am going to be teaching classes soon and have been wondering if this was a good way to bring in new growers and keep it simple. I am still on the fence though. I am ready to take a room down and will try a few things for myself to see what is up.

GD

Any studies you can reference that can cite what exactly is too much N at the end of flower?

I would love to know what exactly is too much N.

I have been trying to get my plants to yellow near the end, one strain in particular i've been running for a year now, and no matter what, it will not yellow, I can feed it water for 4 weeks, it wont yellow, ever!

What gives there, any ideas on that one?

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
Any studies you can reference that can cite what exactly is too much N at the end of flower?

I would love to know what exactly is too much N.

I have been trying to get my plants to yellow near the end, one strain in particular i've been running for a year now, and no matter what, it will not yellow, I can feed it water for 4 weeks, it wont yellow, ever!

What gives there, any ideas on that one?
Maybe it just needs the COLD :tiphat:

tdog4

Hey guys.......great topic.....Just one question, how are you guys in dwc or even water farms going about res changes, are you adding back ph water until youve put in as much water as nutes & then changing res or are you topping with full str nutes & changing every week or 2 or are you just topping with nutes & not changing res at all??? Thanks for any answers.

P

Purple Monster

And'a. Tick Tock'a ya' dont stop. The Mob Boss Frost dont stop.
1bmWy.jpg

Seltzerman

I just read it all, too. I'm wondering if, in my sprayed NFT system I should consider the higher dosage with the MB - maybe 1.5 tsp/ gal or even 2 given that I am also supplying 1500 ppm CO2 continually (sealed room) and its been growing big giant buds because of it, or is it more likely that I should just change the rez more often and use 1 tsp/gal. Anyone venture a guess as to the better strategy?

Seltzerman

MtnLivin

So I decided to keep running the MB after much more research on heavy metals... My plants look great except for a little yellowing.. It looks like I might need to bump of the dosage to 1.5-2 TSP per gallon.. Anyone else experience this? Have your results been ok with bumping up the dosage? The plants have been veged for a month and a half and are about to be flipped to 12/12 tonight. Thanks!

bicyclebenny

I tried two tsps for a few weeks and went back to just the recommended one tsp. The plants were perfect with either dose, so I felt the 2t was waste. All plants were in diff. growth stages and all showed no positive results from the increase.

G

Guest 18340

So I decided to keep running the MB after much more research on heavy metals... My plants look great except for a little yellowing.. It looks like I might need to bump of the dosage to 1.5-2 TSP per gallon.. Anyone else experience this? Have your results been ok with bumping up the dosage? The plants have been veged for a month and a half and are about to be flipped to 12/12 tonight. Thanks!
Where is the yellowing happeneing on the plant? Lower leaves, top?
what medium are you using? I veg with the same 1 tsp/gal and no yellowing at all.

M

merlot

Instead of bumping up the MB, perhaps you could try a top dressing of earthworm castings to help with the N/yellowing?

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Where is the yellowing happeneing on the plant? Lower leaves, top?
what medium are you using? I veg with the same 1 tsp/gal and no yellowing at all.

Heya evl1 ...

Just popped over to the KISS thread here ... to let ya know there's a
new thread just waiting/begging for u to pop over & chime in with GH Maxi suggestion
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=189822&page=2

Not just that am friends with the Larry & the boys over @ GH ,
but u have me trying it now too ...just kept running into you
suggesting it & always brings a smile , for KISS does work ! :biglaugh:

best regards

;)

mrose

* See ya found Moon's Imagine thread , what a set-up huh ? Thos Colo boys
are coming on strong... going to giv us cali boys some probs , hehe