What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

BIG JT

hey guys, ive been feeding maxibloom 1 tsp per gallon, brings my ph down to 5.7 from 6.8. I've been feeding this formula every time and just recenty was curious as to what the runoff ph would be. 4.3!!!!! Whats going on here and how do i fix it, took another plant and put just water through it with a ph of 6.8, came out at 4.6. After that i added a couple caps of pro tekt silicon, rose the ph up to 8.0. ran through and it still is 5.0. My brain is telling me to just push plain water through these pots until the end and hopefully it will bring that ph up to 6.4- 6.6. any other suggestions? thanks

Hackk

Hate to ask my question again, but I think it got passed by... But what are your PPM's after adding MB to RO'd (low ppm to start) water?

G

Guest 18340

hey guys, ive been feeding maxibloom 1 tsp per gallon, brings my ph down to 5.7 from 6.8. I've been feeding this formula every time and just recenty was curious as to what the runoff ph would be. 4.3!!!!! Whats going on here and how do i fix it, took another plant and put just water through it with a ph of 6.8, came out at 4.6. After that i added a couple caps of pro tekt silicon, rose the ph up to 8.0. ran through and it still is 5.0. My brain is telling me to just push plain water through these pots until the end and hopefully it will bring that ph up to 6.4- 6.6. any other suggestions? thanks
Hey BIG JT, you didn't mention any problems with the plants...

Ive been using Coco, but can't seem to get the feel for it, while experimenting with Rockwool I found it to be simpler (for me)...
However Evl is quite the opposite....kicks ass in Coco, and had to get a feel for RW.

That's why I suggest KISS to be more of a lifestyle suggestion, than a growing formula. Really, like cloning, whatever works. Don't think you should HAVE to do something if your feelings (or wallet) tell you otherwise..

Don't forget about Occam's Razor.

You should find, that it's the most simple method that works the best..
Example: for Evl, Drain To Waste is easy in his garden...so that's what he does. He can rock RW or Coco or whatever.

My garden doesn't have a drain, so maintaining a rez with drippers (or EbbNFlow) is easier for me, thus the Rockwool is more beneficial in MY garden (probably not a coincidence, more than likely it's relative)...
Also, Evl started in soil : he knows how to water; I started in DWC : I know how to maintain H20 and nutes...ETC ETC ETC....The list goes on, the variables are too many to even know.

If your budget and lifestyle permits, try a couple different ways, see what works best for you.
:laughing:

Whew!!!

There I go again with the 2 hr. explanations...sorry all..I was a writing major..:dance013:

Not at all Ioni! I sure apreciate your experiance.

You and Evlme and everyone elce whose doin the K.I.S.S. is doin real well!

Im about to restructure my flower room to acomadate a K.I.S.S.

How often do you feed your RW? Do you use them bits in pots, or them big cubes? Whats a good feedin scedule?

G

Guest 18340

How bout you Evl? Whats your feed scedule with the coco?
When I first transplant a seedlings in coco I let the coco dry out in between waterings until they start needed water everyday, then I water everyday, to run off.
*when I say "water" I mean with nutrients. I'm one of those who never flushes his coco unitl 2 weeks before chop time:)

whodare

Veteran
When I first transplant a seedlings in coco I let the coco dry out in between waterings until they start needed water everyday, then I water everyday, to run off.
*when I say "water" I mean with nutrients. I'm one of those who never flushes his coco unitl 2 weeks before chop time:)

gotta love that. those who have to flush all the time are doing something wrong. mb has a relativley low ec compared to what alot of people feed.

G

Guest 18340

dubwise, I use two weeks flush for soil, coco and rockwool. I imagine it would be fine in perlite/vermiculite. Just my opinion of course:)

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
thanks evl! I was kind of hoping that I would be able to flush for a shorter amount of time...I imagine that there is a percise cutoff point where feeding ends and flushing begins. I've been waiting for the trichs to get cloudy and then flushing until the amber was overwhelming....

G

Guest 18340

Two weeks seems to be the "rule of thumb". It's the way I was taught and I notice most guys follow that same two weeks.
I've gone as short as 10 days but I was able to tell the difference.
Some dudes I know only do a 3 day flush, and it tastes like it.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I'll be sure to keep it at two weeks. I was unsure if it was a method type issue or a medium issue. Thanks!!!

BIG JT

There isn't any problems with the plants but if the runoff ph is 4.6... thats okay? Was always told runoff should be at 6.5 in soil. If mine is at 4.6 should I use plain water to flush em till they are back in range?

G

Guest 18340

I'll be sure to keep it at two weeks. I was unsure if it was a method type issue or a medium issue. Thanks!!!
I'm unsure as well so I started a thread and posed the question. Let's see what others have to say.

There isn't any problems with the plants but if the runoff ph is 4.6... thats okay? Was always told runoff should be at 6.5 in soil. If mine is at 4.6 should I use plain water to flush em till they are back in range?
BIG JT, I am not well versed on the nuances of ph run off in soil. Whatever medium I grow in, I never check run off. Especially if my plants are thriving. That said, you might want to ask in the soil forum.:)

BIG JT

Has anybody ever measured runoff after feeding with maxibloom in soil? That would be absolutely rediculous if nobody has...

Hackk

Has ANYONE with a meter read the ppm's after adding MB to RO'd water?

Im not trying to be rude, Im just trying to compare to other simple feeding methods. Thanks friends

Latest posts

Latest posts