What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

tester

7ml Micro + 14 ml Bloom per gallon =
  • 115.6 N
  • 108.6 NO3
  • 6.9 NH4
  • 213.1 P2O5
  • 92.9 P
  • 193.6 K2O
  • 160.7 K
  • 115.6 Ca
  • 63.9 Mg
  • 0.23 Fe
  • 0.2312 B
  • 1.1558 Mn
  • 0.0185 Mo
  • 0.0116 Co
  • 0.0231 Cu
  • 0.3467 Zn
  • 42.6 S
  • 593 PPM
  • N:p2O5:K2O ratio = 1 : 1.8 : 1.7
  • N:p:K ratio = 1.2 : 1 : 1.7
  • Ca:Mg ratio = 1.8 : 1
  • K:N ratio = 1.4 : 1
  • NO3:NH4 ratio = 15.7 : 1

Maxibloom @ 8.6g/gal
  • 113.6 N
  • 102.2 NO3
  • 11.4 NH4
  • 340.8 P2O5
  • 148.6 P
  • 318.1 K2O
  • 264 K
  • 113.6 Ca
  • 79.5 Mg
  • 2.27 Fe
  • 90.9 S
  • 812 PPM
  • N:p2O5:K2O ratio = 1 : 3 : 2.8
  • N:p:K ratio = 1 : 1.3 : 2.3
  • Ca:Mg ratio = 1.4 : 1
  • K:N ratio = 2.3 : 1
  • NO3:NH4 ratio = 9 : 1

Quick comparison:
attachment.php

Attachments

• gm vs maxi.png
    gm vs maxi.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 44
Hey Howdy Folks! I been lookin at this thread for a while now and I think Im gonna run this easy formula. Whats the most popular method folks are usin? I meen, are most folks hand waterin in verm/perlite? Usin RDWC? Whats the diferances usin these teks?

Im waitin for some flowers to finish in my aero system and soons theyr done Id like to run the MB. Im tryinna get away from the aero system. I dont care if I fill my systems root chambers with vermiculite and hand water. I just wanna do somethin simple that'l give me decent yields. Im really tired of aeroponics. I wouldnt mind doin a DWC with the MB. Like I said, I dont care if I fill my root chambers with perlite and vermiculite and hand water, or if I run a DWC. I can do both. I got timers and pumps and shitt.

Im gonna be tryinna decide wich method to use with the MB/KB K.I.S.S tek in the next couple weeks. Thats when Id like to start the K.I.S.S. No more aero for me.

We got 48k hps in cool tubes, 8 x 10 gal Iglu cooles for root zones, big ass ecoplusses for recurculatin in case of DWC - as well as a 10th hp chiller.

If this K.I.S.S. works best REAL simple tho, Id even fill my root chambers with verm/perl and hand water. I can also animate it. Anything.

Il start a thread on it here somewheres God willin, but it'd be great to get all my mental recorces from this thread.

Yea, that sounds preyt good. I'l start a thread here in nutes bout my experiances with the K.I.S.S and whatever delevery method we pick here. -Like I said, the delevery method posibilities are prety limitless. I got a bunch of equipment but I wont run ANY of it if it dont make sense with the K.I.S.S.

Ioni Botani

HAhahah....and THAT is why we invented mathematics.

I had like a two-hour explanation written out when I refreshed, Tester had simplified with a couple numbers and a graph! Brilliant! Lol..

Anyway, ^^^THAT^^^ is why I don't use PK booster with Maxi...she's already boosted! However, if you are an experienced grower like Evl is, with some care, it can be done.

K.I.S.S.!

G

Guest 18340

Fwiw, my last grow I used 1/2 tsp/gal of powder KB in addition to 1 tsp/gal Maxibloom for 5 days prior to my final two week flush. No problems whatsoever.
Ioni helped me chop, how'd they look to you bro?

Ioni Botani

The extra gram usually is the variable when measuring dry powder in Teaspoons....

7 plays it safe.

I know my level teaspoons usually weigh 7.something...not leveled off would probably be 8ish.

whodare

Veteran
havent tested accurately what the blue scooper weighs in at but i know the large side is about 20 grams. i still like to weigh it on a digi scale first though as powder weighs alot for what looks like a little.

Ioni Botani

I promise this leads somewhere.

I promise this leads somewhere.

What method do you use with this formula Ioni? Are you hand waterin verm/perl?

Ive been using Coco, but can't seem to get the feel for it, while experimenting with Rockwool I found it to be simpler (for me)...
However Evl is quite the opposite....kicks ass in Coco, and had to get a feel for RW.

That's why I suggest KISS to be more of a lifestyle suggestion, than a growing formula. Really, like cloning, whatever works. Don't think you should HAVE to do something if your feelings (or wallet) tell you otherwise..

Don't forget about Occam's Razor.

You should find, that it's the most simple method that works the best..
Example: for Evl, Drain To Waste is easy in his garden...so that's what he does. He can rock RW or Coco or whatever.

My garden doesn't have a drain, so maintaining a rez with drippers (or EbbNFlow) is easier for me, thus the Rockwool is more beneficial in MY garden (probably not a coincidence, more than likely it's relative)...
Also, Evl started in soil : he knows how to water; I started in DWC : I know how to maintain H20 and nutes...ETC ETC ETC....The list goes on, the variables are too many to even know.

If your budget and lifestyle permits, try a couple different ways, see what works best for you.
:laughing:

Whew!!!

There I go again with the 2 hr. explanations...sorry all..I was a writing major..:dance013:

Ioni Botani

Occam's Razor: The principle is often incorrectly summarized as "the simplest explanation is more likely the correct one." This summary is misleading, however, since the principle is actually focused on shifting the burden of proof in discussions. That is, the Razor is a principle that suggests we should tend towards simpler theories until we can trade some simplicity for increased explanatory power.

G

Guest 18340

milehighmedical, KB is missing more than just N.
Also, a heaping teaspoon of MB increases everything, not just the pk.
Imho, it is NOT a good idea to take your buddies suggestion.
Keep it simple, 1 tsp/gal Maxibloom. Changing this, adding that, substituting things, all skew things to the point where it's no longer simple.
I've been running the same exact formula for a year now and it has worked in every medium I tried.
Currently I have a plants in a Waterfram, one in soil, one in Rockwool, one in coco-all getting the same 1 tsp/gal and ph of 6. All perfectly green and healthy.
Give me a second and I'll upload pics for ya.
Trust me bro, 1 tsp/gal is all you need. you will not be leaving much on the table by not adding pk boosters.
One more thing, the liquid KB is supposed to be use at the onset of flowers (about 2-3 weeks into the flower cycle) the powder is to be used towards the end, say a week or two before flush.

tester

Although I believe the comparison is between 8mL-16mL and 7 grams. Wouldn't that put them a lot closer?

I calculated with 8.6g/l to pair the level of nitrogen, but you are right, they are closer this way.

attachment.php

8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom vs 7g MaxiBloom
attachment.php

Sum of differences = 270ppm

7g MaxiBloom ratios
  • N:p2O5:K2O ratio = 1 : 3 : 2.8
  • N:p:K ratio = 1 : 1.3 : 2.3
  • Ca:Mg ratio = 1.4 : 1
  • K:N ratio = 2.3 : 1
  • NO3:NH4 ratio = 9 : 1

8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom ratios
  • N:p2O5:K2O ratio = 1 : 1.9 : 1.7
  • N:p:K ratio = 1.2 : 1 : 1.7
  • Ca:Mg ratio = 1.8 : 1
  • K:N ratio = 1.4 : 1
  • NO3:NH4 ratio = 15.7 : 1
There are still differences even in the nutrient ratios.

7ml Micro + 14ml Bloom vs 8.6g MaxiBloom
attachment.php

Sum of differences = 487ppm

Attachments

• 7-16.png
    7-16.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 7M-14B vs 8,6MaxiBloom.png
    7M-14B vs 8,6MaxiBloom.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 8M-16B vs 7MaxiBloom same axis.png
    8M-16B vs 7MaxiBloom same axis.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 42
G

Guest 18340

As promised...
Mosca's C99BX in Promix fed with Maxibloom @ 1tsp/gal, ph 6. (She's been topped in this pic)

Pre98 BubbaKush in coco, 1 tsp/gla Maxibloom, ph 6.

Pre98 bubbaKush in Rockwool, 1 tsp/gal Maxibloom, ph 6.

Gorilla Grape in a Waterfarm, Maxibloom @ 1 tsp/gal, ph 5.5

I'm posting these pics so that others can see just how simple and versatile Maxibloom really is.:)