What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

slowandeasy

Veteran
peeped some deep-fried leaf tips on several pics posted by growers using the maxibloom, anyone relay the EC of 1tsp of maxibloom per gallon?

I used Maxi-Bloom a few times, works well...but make sure it is mixed well. I got some tip burn bad one time, just because I think It was not dissolved well enough. That was in DWC, so it effects the roots right away. I have hooked a few on Maxi but my advice is to mix it a day ahead in a jug...then re-shake before putting using.

Maxi works really well, I just use the Flora series because I like to cut the Micro. I have a big bag of Maxi-Bloom laying around, might use it next round on some...see how they compare. I have not used it in Coco. Does anyone use Floralicious Plus anymore?

cateros

The pH up optimizes nute uptake by placing the water in the right ph range. Unless the silica has a high pH then....However, Ive seen the results. ITS NOT NEEDED.
Yes, the plants may be slightly heartier, but to what degree is it worth it?
Some of the best bud in my life has been grown with this method.
I assure you, its not needed.
-Ion
I dont know about all other brands of silicate but pro silicate from grotex is very alkaline 2.5ml which is the soil dose will raise my ph from 4.8 to about 5.8-6.0 and it makes your plants very strong I think it would be a must have additive for any strain known to grow buds heavier then it can normally hold.

G

Guest 88950

yo maxi users, in coco,how much run off are you allowing for? in what size pots? i want to use 1 gallons so how much would you run off in that case?

i water every other day with 1 tsp MB per gal h2o and sometimes i barely get run off and sometimes i water till i get plenty, about 10%.

i water DTW and i dont have a waste res so im cautious on how much run off i get b/c i dont want my RH to rise.

the pot size doesnt matter, run off is run off. if you aim for 20% run off the there will be a larger volume of run off in a 3 gal pot opposed to 1 gal.

DAGNABIT

cant wait to see some pics and go the KISS route, the proof is in the pics.

G

Guest 18340

Okay I have the maxi bloom so at the 1tsp per gal if I was growing in soil what would you suggest for feeding schedule ?

Feed,water,water or feed ,water ,feed, or would you mix it half strength and feed every time you water. I just want to get a basic idea how often I should feed them in soil with this nute.
I believe the general rule with soil is to feed every 3rd/4th watering.
Sometimes I feed with every watering, sometimes every other watering, and I don't have any issues. (Mind you, all my soil plants are outside)
I'm sure the soil used may play a role, some soils are "hotter" than others...

I used Maxi-Bloom a few times, works well...but make sure it is mixed well. I got some tip burn bad one time, just because I think It was not dissolved well enough. That was in DWC, so it effects the roots right away. I have hooked a few on Maxi but my advice is to mix it a day ahead in a jug...then re-shake before putting using.

Maxi works really well, I just use the Flora series because I like to cut the Micro. I have a big bag of Maxi-Bloom laying around, might use it next round on some...see how they compare. I have not used it in Coco. Does anyone use Floralicious Plus anymore?
I stopped adding FP+ to my rez because it would smell like something rotten within a few days. (I don't use a rez chiller) But I do use it on all my outdoors ladies:)

slowandeasy

Veteran
I believe the general rule with soil is to feed every 3rd/4th watering.
Sometimes I feed with every watering, sometimes every other watering, and I don't have any issues. (Mind you, all my soil plants are outside)
I'm sure the soil used may play a role, some soils are "hotter" than others...

I stopped adding FP+ to my rez because it would smell like something rotten within a few days. (I don't use a rez chiller) But I do use it on all my outdoors ladies:)

Does the FP make a big difference?

so what are you guys averaging per plant or per watt with the maxi method?

any more pics out there?

craigslist is great, sold all my left over nutes and can now hook up some maxi! just in time too cause the bc's about to run out...well the bloom anyway. so so much more going on right now. im gonna rant somewhere around here. peace.

jgrow

Going to start using maxibloom today on a few clones I have, What do you recommend for strength? I read someone say use full strength on everything except seedlings. I think ill start them on 1/2 strength and go from there.

Also one last question as of right now i don't have either ph up or down. What silicate product do you guys recommend if ph up is needed?

Ioni Botani

Yeh 1/2 strength is good....not for too long though, maybe a watering or two....they need their food as much as mama does. I think I saw someone doing 3/4 strength....however I just take the water I use on my moms and use it right on the lil buggers. They love it.
Just for future reference ;)
Bless.

Ion

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
Suggestions???

Suggestions???

How are you guys getting this stuff to mix with water?

I just started with the MB and I can't seem to get it completely dissolved.

TIA

SSM :tiphat:

G

Guest 18340

I just started with the MB and I can't seem to get it completely dissolved.

TIA

When I mix a rez I drop in a small pump for an hour or so, it mixes things up nicely.
If I'm doing a gallon at a time I start off with a 1/2" of water, dump a tsp in and shake the hell out of it, then fill and ph up. Their will always be some grains left but it has yet to cause me any problems.:)

Ioni Botani

Thanks Ioni Botani!

Any info on silicate's?

Sorry, don't use em! At least...I don't THINK I do. Someone mentioned how pH up was Silicates?? Anyways only Maxi and pH up in my water....K.I.S.S.!!!

TIA

If I'm doing a gallon at a time I start off with a 1/2" of water, dump a tsp in and shake the hell out of it, then fill and ph up. Their will always be some grains left but it has yet to cause me any problems.:)

Yep, what the man said. I like a little warm water...gallon jug...shake like hell! Then just add that liquid solution to the rest of the water and pH....it mixes nicely!

Just switched everything over to Hydroton pellets. I was having overwatering issues with straight coco...plus Im BROKE! So Im using this old Hydroton I have around....I'll let everyone know how well it works with Maxi!

As of right now the RW cubes I put in the pellets a week ago are blowing UP!

Hand-Watering in Hydroton = Hydro for Dummies!

In case anyone wants to give it a shot sometime.

Peace.

ION

Ioni Botani

picture.php

This is the "Recommended" Maxi amounts....

Thought I should put it up...for anyone who really cares.

I strike everything else.....Just MaxiBloom. Its just interesting to look at..

Peace.

Ion

G

Guest 88950

JGROW

you can use Silica Blast which is a Botanicare product. silica will also aide in root development and to strengthen the stems.

IONI

i like the idea dissolving the MB / KB in warm water first. ive just been shaking the hell out of a gal and theres always a little not dissolved but no probs here.

Ioni Botani

GENERAL HYDROPONICS pH UP CONTENTS:
Potassium Silicate
Potassium Carbonate.

Does this count? If so, then I am using silicates.

jgrow

Thanks everyone, i think im going to pick up some Silica Blast or like product, whate ever the hydro shop has to use as a ph up and some extra strength. Im hoping ill need it haha.

On another note I just feed my girls there first watering with maxi bloom, they're all real small clones so i gave them half strength nutes, two different strains as well so ill raise it from here until there looking beautiful.

Hey super newb here, I looked through thread and am a bit confused still,

if I'm doing this on coco / perlite mix, what % should those 2 be ? And from the very beginning how often do I water them? I'm very very new, and am a bit confused if I should be adding this maxibloom to water each time or not?

My first grow ever will be an autoflower that will have lights on 18/6 from start, in coco/per mix but I want to get %'s down first. thx in advance.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I use coco perlite in a 2/3, 1/3 ratio. Ive seen people go up to 50-50 coco-perlite.
U should water as often as your plant need but be careful not to overwater. A coco-perlite mix is very light and if the pots feel heavy then they have water.
People are having success with feeding with every watering. If you start to see tip burn, maybe go to half strength feedings every watering or alter full strength feeding with plain water feedings. Just gotta learn how to read your plants, its not rocket science, usually, but it does take some common sense and experience...