What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

G

Guest 88950

I grow in coco and when i add 1 tsp MaxiBloom my PH is ~6.26 so i adjust to 5.8.

Ioni Botani

on that note i plan on trying both maxi gro and bloom products and see what happens as im all for the kiss approach.

No need for the gro, only the bloom. It has the amount of N necessary for veg.

Plus its VERY acidic. My water is like 7 it brings it to like 4. pH UP! I use the drops. You want it to be piss yellow. That'll be around 5.5-6.0 every time. You want it to slightly vary really.
I have a meter.....AND I DONT USE IT.

I believe most ppl's water is going to be about 7...if its coming from the city. Dunno bout well water.

NO MAXIGRO NEEDED.
ONLY MAXIBLOOM.
K*I*S*S!
Its a waste of money.:2cents:

-Io

G

Guest 88950

What's your water source?

i use my tap water and bubble it for a day and i bought cal/mag and dont need it. oh well, at least i found an easy nute to use and i guarantee ill be using maxi/coolbloom from now on.

i like it b/c im running several strains and its a staggered grow & i dont have to worry about nutes for different stages of the plant, just one.

Ioni Botani

i like it b/c im running several strains and its a staggered grow & i dont have to worry about nutes for different stages of the plant, just one.

^^^YEH! What he said!^^^

Different strains, different stages. Its no matter! The plant is happy throughout. No need for all this BS!
"People are being bought and sold in this county by gizmos and gadgets" - George Carlin

-I

Trillion

You might want to consider swapping the pH up for a silica additive, it really helps the overall strength of the plant.

Ioni Botani

The pH up optimizes nute uptake by placing the water in the right ph range. Unless the silica has a high pH then....However, Ive seen the results. ITS NOT NEEDED.
Yes, the plants may be slightly heartier, but to what degree is it worth it?
Some of the best bud in my life has been grown with this method.
I assure you, its not needed.
-Ion

asher1er

Veteran
*The K.I.S.S. Method*

I think he was saying instead of using your usual PH Up.. Use silica to bring it up.. You use it as Ph UP and at the same time give them a Lil something they can use for other things.. I've only purchased ph down with my nutes n water if it needs adjustment it's usually 95% of the time PH down that is needed. The times I've had to raise it I've used rhizotonic to do so since I didn't have any up.

asher1er

Veteran
simple enough?
0Wl0ol.jpg

:joint:

G

Guest 18340

That's as simple as it get asher1er.

Some Mr.Nice SHIT @25days, being done the simple way of coarse...

Ioni Botani

Gotta spread my Rep around before giving it to Evlme2 again!! Shiiit Im spreadin Im spreadin!!! :)

Thanks E.
Your support is held in the highest regard, I thank you.

-Io

G

Guest 18340

You're making me blush Ioni:sasmokin:
Seriously though, I merely paid things forward. Someone took the time to answer my questions and quell any doubts about using Maxibloom, thus I spread what I have learned from experience.
It a simple and effective way of growing, for sure.

Trillion

The pH up optimizes nute uptake by placing the water in the right ph range. Unless the silica has a high pH then....However, Ive seen the results. ITS NOT NEEDED.
Yes, the plants may be slightly heartier, but to what degree is it worth it?

You would simply be swapping one bottle for another, next time you run out of ph up buy a silica additive instead. Might as well use a useful alkaline liquid rather than a useless one imho. It tends to make plants more resitant to high temps, insects and disease.

I look forward to trying your method when i make the switch from organic soil to coco:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts