What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

G

Guest 18340

Promix hp, My usual fert regime is fert /fert/h20..aprox 600ppm/1.05 ec for my promix to test out aprox 1.3-2.0 ec....Worried if i jack the dose up to 1 full tsp every feeding it will be to much....
I only water to leach once evey 4 weeks or so.Basicly to reduce salts and test...Any info on promix is apreciated...:tiphat:
Promix is an entirely different animal for me. I have an unopened bag sitting in my garage for 6 months now.
Now, I have about a doz plants flowering in soil right now and they get water/water/fert (1 tsp/gal Maxibloom) without issue.
Sorry but I just don't have any experience with Promix...yet:)

Hey man, I like the bathroom mother room. Thinking about making a laundry room mother room so I can bud in my veg room lol. Nice to see this as the first thread rather than: AN, how much crap can you add to your res?

Anyways, Ph up is partly potassium silicate, which is what most silca products are btw. I use dyna gro protect at 2.5ml a gallon and never have to use ph up. I personally add all my silica, or ph up to my res before I mix my nutes, adding potassium silicate after calcium can cause a lockout.

I know this is all about keep it simple, but not all additives are bad. Floralicious plus, and koolbloom liquid first, then dry really help me out. Didn't care for the flora nectar or flora blend. I suggest looking at the ingredients and using google to learn about what they do. Like someone in here earlier didn't know that silica is potassium silicate which is more or less ph up. Tohigh is the man, treat whatever that guy says as gospel and you be really happy.

Peace,
Metal
I use Floralicious+ on all my potted outdoor plants. But inside, I try an run as a sanitary rez as possible. I had some nasty smelling stuff grow in my rez when I added the FP+. I don't use a chiller and the Maxi and water alone can handle higher rez temps but things go rotten in a few days with the FP+ added.
Some people go as far as running a "dead" rez, they add bleach to keep things sanitized.

E

emerald city

Promix is an entirely different animal for me. I have an unopened bag sitting in my garage for 6 months now.
Now, I have about a doz plants flowering in soil right now and they get water/water/fert (1 tsp/gal Maxibloom) without issue.
Sorry but I just don't have any experience with Promix..
Thanks-guess ill keep to my ferting shedual and play it out..
Soon as i get a new camera ill post a couple picks of my KISS project..Ecsd grown with the kiss approach, thanks elvme.

thanks evlme2 im new to hydro about to set up a fat SOG ill try and open a thread bu im a little sketchy on it but on last question from the nwbie im gonna use 5 in. RW cubes probaly 128 i wanted to hand water since i really cant afford a ebb&flow system should i feed every two days and use only ro water on every 4th water thanks everyone I love this site cant belive it took me this long to find it

dude if you use coco instead of RW ill bet you save hella cash. i just bought 2 5kg blocks for under 10 dollars each and have one soaking... it takes up 3/4 or 2 32 gallon trash cans when its expanded, and thats just one of these blocks! i probably wont need the other block and especially after i cut it with 1/3 perlite, then its even more. my point is all that substrate cost me about $30 and ill fill like 60 1 gallon pots with it! arnt RW blocks like over $1 each for the 4"?? Just a thought Mark

captinknots thanks for the info where im looking its like 180 for a case of 144 so yea their pricey so with ur mix of coco and perlite how many times do you feed/water do you skip a day then feed feed feed water and im gonna be running a hand flood to drain table 4x8 with 2 1000watts (cause i cant afford a real ebb and flow lol)but how long should i flood and how offten.thanks im such a newbie to hydro done soil buckets till now.and if you could any good nutes to use with my table i'd love it been using connny and big bud but i've heard theres better stuff for way cheaper thanks

G

Guest 18340

thanks evlme2 im new to hydro about to set up a fat SOG ill try and open a thread bu im a little sketchy on it but on last question from the nwbie im gonna use 5 in. RW cubes probaly 128 i wanted to hand water since i really cant afford a ebb&flow system should i feed every two days and use only ro water on every 4th water thanks everyone I love this site cant belive it took me this long to find it
I have a few moms and veggers in rockwool. Small veggers in 3" cubes and a mom thats in a 6" block<-All get fed with every watering, to run off. I highlighted the word every because they all get watered at least twice/day, the bigger ones 4x/day.
You're going to flower in those 5" cubes? When they get packed with roots you're gonna have to water at least twice per light cycle, maybe more.
I personally treat my rockwool just like coco; I let it get a little dry in between waterings until I see roots poking out the bottom, then I water every day, several times a day if needed, to run off.
As for what nutes to use with your table, go back to the OP of this thread. (Hint-MAXIBLOOM!):)

thanks so much bro 1 more question then since you water so much do you water in the dark cycle cause i wanna hand feed sould i do it right when the lights turn on and before they go out so i dont disturb their sleep ima be running my lights from 8pm till 8 am since thats when powers the cheapest right?thanks for explainig good i get lost easy lol

G

Guest 18340

thanks so much bro 1 more question then since you water so much do you water in the dark cycle cause i wanna hand feed sould i do it right when the lights turn on and before they go out so i dont disturb their sleep ima be running my lights from 8pm till 8 am since thats when powers the cheapest right?thanks for explainig good i get lost easy lol
I personally do not water when lights are out, rockwool or coco, but others do.
You have to get a "feel" for how your plants grow in it's medium and then you'll know what to do. For example, when the lights come on in my flower room the pots of coco are dry but the plants are still full and standing, so I know my water schedule is spot on.
Plants don't eat in the dark but you don't want them to shrivel up either.
I've heard of ebb/flo (flood/drain) guys flooding once while lights off...Again, you just gotta get the feel for your particular situation.
It won't hurt to go in the room one time when lights are off and pick up your pot. Use a green light if possible.
Mind you, I've explained the way I personally do things. Their are countless variables that will make every grow room/environment unique. Use what you read as a general way of doing things and tweek it to suite your grow.
As for electricity, depending on your juice company it may/may not be any cheaper to run lights at night.
A lot of electric companies (mine included) charge by the amount. Example; under 1000kw it's 6 cents, above 1000 it jumps to 10 cents. So in my case it doesn't matter what time of the day/night I run.:ying:

G

Guest 18340

I personally do not water when lights are off, coco or rockwool, but others do. Some ebb/flo (flood/drain) guys will flood once during lights out.
My coco pots are dry when the lights come on but the plants are still perked up an standing tall, so i know my watering regimen is spot on.
As for your electricity, some companies charge less for off peak usage. Some companies, like mine, set the rate according to how much you use. Example; 1000kwh or less it's 9 cents, over 1000kwh is 11 cents.
I just had to type all this twice, fuckin hit the backspace by accident and erased it all:cuss:
Psycho Paul, I use Botanicare brand loose coco. The stuff in the white bags.

Last edited:

toasted1

Ioni- great thread sorry im late :bongsmi:

K.I.S.S is a great method these where vegged 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 months each in straight coco 1 tsp gall tap water 55 gall rez no ph adjustment hell i havent even checkd ph or ppm once the whole grow :D
still usin just 1tsp gal in flower
cheap and easy
c99 bx1 4 weeks into flower 5 gall coco
picture.php

ecsd at 3 weeks into flower in 25 gall of coco
picture.php

both with another ecsd in 5 gall 1 week into flower to the right
picture.php

im pretty much sold :tiphat:
:smoweed:

stay safe
:smokey:

thanks bro how do spred rep or something i wanna give you some u've been hella helpful im in sacramento cali so i have smud i think ima check my rates do you use any bloom busters and ima thinking about getting the turbo cloner 144 site and vegging in those till there 3 weeks old under a t5 set up im probaly gonna get the sun blaze 8 bulb one any suggestions on a better one i'd love a link thanks bro much love from cali

G

Guest 18340

thanks bro how do spred rep or something i wanna give you some u've been hella helpful im in sacramento cali so i have smud i think ima check my rates do you use any bloom busters and ima thinking about getting the turbo cloner 144 site and vegging in those till there 3 weeks old under a t5 set up im probaly gonna get the sun blaze 8 bulb one any suggestions on a better one i'd love a link thanks bro much love from cali
I've had nothing but bad results with any type of clone machine so I now only clone in rockwool.
I use the Sunblaze t5 8 bulb set up you describe. Solid peace of equipment that has been running 24/7 for almost 3 years now on the same bulbs that came with it.
I do use a bloom booster (powder koolbloom) the las t few days of flower before my 2 week flush but it is not necessary. I got the stuff for free.:)

toasted1, fuck yeah brother!!!!

thanks do you get good results from the rockwool in cloning do you jus snip the branch add the power cloner and put it in the rockwool inside a humidity dome i've never cloned before this is all new to me thats why i was gonna buy the turbo cloner 144 site cause i heard the domes were complicated and had a bad live/death ratio thanks for the help and thanks ioni for making the thread

G

Guest 18340

thanks do you get good results from the rockwool in cloning do you jus snip the branch add the power cloner and put it in the rockwool inside a humidity dome i've never cloned before this is all new to me thats why i was gonna buy the turbo cloner 144 site cause i heard the domes were complicated and had a bad live/death ratio thanks for the help and thanks ioni for making the thread
Here's a great link for dif cloning methods http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=169382

MyGreenToe

I lost my best cut due to a failed cloner pump while out of town(yes I should have had a rooted mom but it was down to well rooted cuts in the clonerso the mom got culled for space reasons). I will henceforth be going back to rockwool starter cubes and domes. It takes longer, but is every bit as reliable if you keep things clean. It's also easier to transplant cubes into any medium. You have to be super careful when potting up bare rooted clones, and I always felt like they suffered some transplant shock for a couple days before kicking back off. Whaddya know, sometimes more simple is more better.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ty for this thread.im gonna try this out with the next run,i was sold on the post that said no need for different schedules for different stages of growth and strains...i run perpetual and im all for a 1 part sollution and drop all this fox farm nutes fasheezy...im goin for the maxi and the kool bloom next trip to the store...this thread came right on time i been lookin to switch nutes lately to try to see what other results i can get.....this can be used with ff ocean forest right?
thnx again yo.
peace-T-

G

Guest 18340

Tonatiuh, as far as I know yes it can be used with ff ocean forest.
I've used it with soil that was already amended with nutes and it worked flawlessly.
Basically Maxibloom works wherever the Lucas formula works. At least thats been my experience.
Here's a Machacar (Mosca) being grown in soil with Maxibloom;

Latest posts

Latest posts