What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Ioni Botani

KISS

KISS

Beautiful idea for a thread. I see so many new growers dishing out hundreds of $'s for nute lines and equipment they don't need. Growing good herb for personal consumption can be done on a budget easily.

Yeh...and most of the ppl that spend the hundreds on the whole lines, usually come out with sub-standard product cuz they're too busy trying to figure out 15+ variables. Good luck.
Like I said, waste of monayyyy!

Come on and Keep It Simple, Stoners!

-Io

E

emerald city

Got my new fert's in today..Bought both gro/bloom maxi series..Figured one for veg one for bloom couldnt be that complicated..I know KISS .....
Spent a minute and dropped 1/2 a tsp of gro into a gallon of h20[closer to my numbers for running continuos feed in promix]..Including my well water numbers [ph 6.6-ec.19] it turned out to be ph 5.7-ec 1.05,aprox 600 ppm fert's...The numbers match up perfect to feeding GH ferts at a ratio of 3/4g-1/2m-1/4b....
As an advocate for medical mj in our state im always looking for the easyest most cost effective way for patients to be able to provide thier own medicine....This K.I.S.S method is exactly what were looking for .In our case the medium is promix hp,maxi series ferts,ph adjusters if needed and a decent ph/ec/ppm meter....
This topic was a great idea to let other know you dont need to spend a million dollars to grow yourself good weed...thanks :tiphat:

Mr.Nice SHIT@34 days...K.I.S.S.

and your telling me thats nothing but maxibloom the entire grow with every feeding at 1 tsp per gallon?

thats just fucking incredible....i cant wait to finish up all these bullshit nutes i have. i just cant bring myself to buy anything else for a seriously long time lol.

Ioni Botani

and your telling me thats nothing but maxibloom the entire grow with every feeding at 1 tsp per gallon?

thats just fucking incredible....i cant wait to finish up all these bullshit nutes i have. i just cant bring myself to buy anything else for a seriously long time lol.

LOL.

Some of the dankest nuggz Ive ever smoked man.

Not fucking around. Thats A+++ dank...not just what most folk consider 'Dank'...First hand account right here.

-Io

hey love the method jus had a quick question if i add big bud and instead of koolbloom i use i think its called final finish or something would that increase my yeild cause i've used big bud before with get results but not with jus one product thanks and jus for fun if someone wanted they could post a list of a whole line of advanced nutes and shoe them how much their gettin rippd numbers dont lie thanks everyone sorry for ranting peac

komrade komura

Evlme2 and Ioni....returning us to the garden from the years in the nute wilderness.

Maxi Bloom solomente...gonna be my only nutes for the next 6 months.

Where's my lab coat and clipboard? Ah, hanging behind the door.

Thanks guys

G

Guest 18340

So far on this grow; NOTHING but Maxibloom.
Ioni has sampled everything thats come outta my flower room for the last year, he has first hand knowledge of what Maxibloom can produce. It really is that easy.

hey love the method jus had a quick question if i add big bud and instead of koolbloom i use i think its called final finish or something would that increase my yeild cause i've used big bud before with get results but not with jus one product thanks and jus for fun if someone wanted they could post a list of a whole line of advanced nutes and shoe them how much their gettin rippd numbers dont lie thanks everyone sorry for ranting peac
Imo, any late flower PK booster can be used. I happen to use the powder Kb beause it was given to me. BUT, I can't say if theirs much of a yield increase. For me, I notice slightly more fox-tailing and slightly more resin production.

Evlme2 and Ioni....returning us to the garden from the years in the nute wilderness.

Maxi Bloom solomente...gonna be my only nutes for the next 6 months.

Where's my lab coat and clipboard? Ah, hanging behind the door.

Thanks guys
KK, you're garden produces nicely. I'd love to see what you can do with Maxibloom!

250wscrogger

For a one part, I'd suggest floranova...
I've had good results with 5-8ml/gallon floranova, 4ml/gallon micro throughout.
(feed, feed, flush) I'm sure a lot of people don't use the micro with FN but I like to use it until the end of week 6 to prevent any cal/mag defs and provide a little extra nitrogen.
I'm setting up one of my friends with FN/micro because he wants a really simple nute mix.

I will be trying AN sensi A+B with big bud and overdrive next run to see if it's really worth the extra money...

ibjamming

Veteran
evlme2 showed you the flowers...here is a picture of some young'ins only 3 weeks old growing in 12 inch diameter hempy's and fed 1 tsp/gal MaxiGROW (it's only fucking $12 a kilo!). Forget the color, they're the most perfect, beautiful shade of dark green. It was the light reflecting off that wonderful satiny shine they get.

picture.php

Ioni Botani

Maxxxi

Maxxxi

Thanks Jammin! Input in this thread is greatly appreciated.
Gotta spread the word of simplicity!
MUST NOT perpetuate the tendency to capitalize!
That is the purpose of this thread.

"If you can't make it work with Maxi, good luck with anything else."

-Io

thanks evlme2 im new to hydro about to set up a fat SOG ill try and open a thread bu im a little sketchy on it but on last question from the nwbie im gonna use 5 in. RW cubes probaly 128 i wanted to hand water since i really cant afford a ebb&flow system should i feed every two days and use only ro water on every 4th water thanks everyone I love this site cant belive it took me this long to find it

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
Well, I took the plunge ( a whole 16 bux ) to give this a shot in my LC's mix.

We'll see what we see

G

Guest 18340

Here are some various moms, some in coco some in rockwool, all getting fed 1 tsp/gal Maxibloom...:ying:

E

emerald city

Anyone compare using maxiGrow in veg instead of the Bloom all the way? :tiphat:
Just started the switch over from gh ferts..Ill be useing both maxi grow and bloom....my concern is watering everytime with 1 tsp per gallon will put my ec to high by the end of the run...1/2 tsp looks better by the numbers, but the results im seeing from some[evlme,ioni] make me question my own logic.....let the kiss experiment begin..:dance013:

G

Guest 18340

Just started the switch over from gh ferts..Ill be useing both maxi grow and bloom....my concern is watering everytime with 1 tsp per gallon will put my ec to high by the end of the run...1/2 tsp looks better by the numbers, but the results im seeing from some[evlme,ioni] make me question my own logic.....let the kiss experiment begin..:dance013:
What medium are you growing in?

way to convert the bathroom! lol

whats your enviro like? how many lights, temps, and the like?
The moms are in a temporary area, under an 8 bulb T5 set up.

Last edited:
E

emerald city

What medium are you growing in?
Promix hp, My usual fert regime is fert /fert/h20..aprox 600ppm/1.05 ec for my promix to test out aprox 1.3-2.0 ec....Worried if i jack the dose up to 1 full tsp every feeding it will be to much....
I only water to leach once evey 4 weeks or so.Basicly to reduce salts and test...Any info on promix is apreciated...:tiphat:

Hey man, I like the bathroom mother room. Thinking about making a laundry room mother room so I can bud in my veg room lol. Nice to see this as the first thread rather than: AN, how much crap can you add to your res?

Anyways, Ph up is partly potassium silicate, which is what most silca products are btw. I use dyna gro protect at 2.5ml a gallon and never have to use ph up. I personally add all my silica, or ph up to my res before I mix my nutes, adding potassium silicate after calcium can cause a lockout.

I know this is all about keep it simple, but not all additives are bad. Floralicious plus, and koolbloom liquid first, then dry really help me out. Didn't care for the flora nectar or flora blend. I suggest looking at the ingredients and using google to learn about what they do. Like someone in here earlier didn't know that silica is potassium silicate which is more or less ph up. Tohigh is the man, treat whatever that guy says as gospel and you be really happy.

Peace,
Metal

Latest posts

Latest posts