What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
I got a fun little side by side I'm doin right now.

Got some Tahoe OG and Valley OG I'm gonna do some side by side of 6/9 with supplements, versus straight maxi + a KB blast here or there, versus H&G full lineup as well (was gifted the big bottles from a friend :smoke:)

I use silica instead of pH up with all of them (within reasonable amounts), however depending on if I'm using tap or R/O the amount of silica used is variable. I'm gonna taper it off to none in a couple weeks now anyways.

on day 7 right now, the lights just went out a little ago while I was working but dayummm they are starting to stack now. should have some good pix in a month.

oh and its vertical too, excited to see how the OG's do with it.

toohighmf

Veteran
I'm so glad this thread is still going strong. My shop had to buy AN today and I just wish I coulda taken a vacation with the money I spent & maybe buy a new ATV, and hand people maxi, dynagrow, and kb w silicate for up, and humics for down! I'm soooo sick of all these BS lines I gotta carry.

Jack Rabit

I use MB start to finish in soil now! Toying with a homemade DWC setup and wondering if i use the same amount of MB in dwc.(7g per gallon) and how often do i need to change out res?? Ty

Last edited:

Rushoe

If I wanna use kb near the end flowering do I still use mb or just kb?

At week 6 on a 10 week strain cut the maxi bloom in half then add your dry kool bloom.then flush for the last two weeks.Using it right now on my mothers and the only ones that seem to like are the ogs and chems for me...Stains like c99 and green crack and sour d are not like it to much....I was wondering if foliar feed at half strength to see how they like it then ....I was unsure of the amount ppl were saying to use 7 grams of dry maxi when it should be 1 tsp = 5 grams dry powder so last few mother plant feedings have been given 5 grams with my tap water (240 ppm) and leaves me with a ph of 6. so I see this working way better then the 7 grams witch I think is way to high for vegging plants.... !!!!@!!!!!!

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
I tested the weight of my scoopy thing, the tsp weighs out to about 6.2 g.

I just do it all by weight now. If they look hungry in a little I'll bump it up, but I'm just doing 5grams/gallon because I've got some lighter feeders.

This MB is workin GREAT!

Could I finish without a rez change? In runnin 5 gallon dwc bukkits. It'd be a pain in the ass to switch the bukkits from under the trees. I got a li'l shop vac I might suck the nutes out with if I gotta do a change but If I aint gotta that would be nice.

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
I was Thankful enough to be Introduced to this amazing thread with vast amounts of killer grows, buds and Information but being someone who knows only how to grow HEMPY BUCKET 5 gallon Hempy buckets (70/30 perlite/verm) and I want to Switch to 100% Organic but KEEP IT SIMPLE can anyone recommend a easy to use soil that requires nothing more then MaxiBloom & / or KoolBloom in the flowering phase of growth....

Any Help would be Appreciated and after reading up to 30 pages so far I'm hooked already and a HUGE Muchas Gracias to a Sweat Lady Friend of mines Trichy :D

Ioni Botani

This MB is workin GREAT!

Could I finish without a rez change? In runnin 5 gallon dwc bukkits. It'd be a pain in the ass to switch the bukkits from under the trees. I got a li'l shop vac I might suck the nutes out with if I gotta do a change but If I aint gotta that would be nice.

I'm afraid I can't answer that RC, the only time I tried DWC it was not pretty, I had to change the res twice a week and it STILL stunk. I'd divert you to MyGreenToe, doing a RDWC with all MB...check him out and Im sure he'd be willing to share what he's learned.

I was Thankful enough to be Introduced to this amazing thread with vast amounts of killer grows, buds and Information ..... I want to Switch to 100% Organic but KEEP IT SIMPLE can anyone recommend a easy to use soil that requires nothing more then MaxiBloom & / or KoolBloom in the flowering phase of growth.... :D

Good idea man, a good soil then when it's all outta nutes, just kick in the MB and your all good.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=199956

They are doing the same thing over in that thread...check em out.

Peaccccce.

Ioni

Overall I'm pretty impressed with Maxi. Just make sure if you feed every time don't let it get too high. 600 ppm was too much for me. It really brings the smell out and resin as well. Good shit but I'm gonna try H&G next round but Maxi definitely won't be forgotten.

ogenko

64 day Sour Diesel

64 day Sour Diesel

some kiss sour diesel
soooo simple
picture.php

and hand people maxi, dynagrow, and kb w silicate for up, and humics for down!
i try something like that next time

Wow Cannascholar

Rushoe

very nice very nice to see ppl using the kiss method with these high feeders like sour d...anyone else using this kiss method for og's and chem lines????????????????

Green lung

Veteran
Yeah maxi seems to have plenty of nitrogen, my veg plants can get very dark green with just maxi bloom no problem and I haven't seen nute burn or anything seems to be very forgiving with heavy feedings even in veg.

MtnLivin

Just finished a side by side.. All in all pretty impressed, BUT, the weight wasn't quite there with my reg feeding regimen.

MtnLivin

what is your regular regimen and its cost?

Canna coco A+B and a few other additives.. Cost is not much of a concern for me.. I prolly average to about $100 a month on nutes.

Don't get me wrong, Maxi is awesome if you are trying to keep it simple. I like to push my girls to there limits and I cannot do that with the KISS method.