X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brainzfuxed
    replied
    Originally posted by oti$ View Post
    You don't have to mix in a mason jar with hot water, it just dissolves faster. I usually just use a water bottle+hot water.
    Do you use Tap or Ro? I'm debating cutting my mix to 80% RO 20% tap to bring my hardness to 150ppm to 200ppm

Leave a comment:

• oti$
    replied
    Originally posted by brainzfuxed View Post
    So should I run straight RO or do a split of 1/4 tap water and 3/4 RO? My tap water comes out at 650ppm. Also I read that in mixing maxibloom we should not use warm water in a mason jar, but rather just toss the 1 tsp straight into the gallon of water and shake at room temp. Is this true? Thanks
    You don't have to mix in a mason jar with hot water, it just dissolves faster. I usually just use a water bottle+hot water.

Leave a comment:

• brainzfuxed
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr.RedWhite View Post
    I have run some very nice plants using my tap water and would recommend trying your tap water before going nuts with RO and having to add calcium to it. 1 tsp Maxibloom and PH down to near a PH of 6 is a good place to start. Some plants like more magnesium so I add the 1/4 tsp epsom salts as a matter of a deficiency I don't have to fix later. Saying the 1.1 EC our tap starts with is some form is nutrient is just wrong. Some of those minerals are beneficial.
    Even at 650ppm?

Leave a comment:

• Dr.RedWhite
    replied
    I have run some very nice plants using my tap water and would recommend trying your tap water before going nuts with RO and having to add calcium to it. 1 tsp Maxibloom and PH down to near a PH of 6 is a good place to start. Some plants like more magnesium so I add the 1/4 tsp epsom salts as a matter of a deficiency I don't have to fix later. Saying the 1.1 EC our tap starts with is some form is nutrient is just wrong. Some of those minerals are beneficial.

Leave a comment:

• brainzfuxed
    replied
    Originally posted by stoned40yrs View Post
    I highly doubt you would need calmag. If you did see a mag deficiency you add a pinch of Epsom salts for the mag and sulfur. Don't worry about adding it unless you see a need which you probably won't. Use RO if you can, or a mix of your tap and RO, giving your plants tap and MB at 2.8ec sounds whack to me. If you are in coco do DTW so you don't get a massive salt buildup. I ran KISS through blumats,1.8ec and had salt buildup on top of the coco and the black fabric pots turned white from salts. I tested the runoff of my first flush before chop and the ec was 2.8. So I know plants can survive in that ec but the taste of all them nutes made me quit KISS.
    That said too many people love this stuff and it works for them so give it a try. Maxibloom is nothing more than the dry salts of GHs liquid formulas, Grow, Micro and Bloom, mixed at a ratio of 3 parts bloom, 2 micro and 1 grow. If tap don't mean shit then why does GH make a hardwater liquid version of their micro to use if your tap is near or above 0.8ec (400ppm)?
    So should I run straight RO or do a split of 1/4 tap water and 3/4 RO? My tap water comes out at 650ppm. Also I read that in mixing maxibloom we should not use warm water in a mason jar, but rather just toss the 1 tsp straight into the gallon of water and shake at room temp. Is this true? Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X