Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sidewing
    replied
    My personal opinion is not to use salts in soil.. then you get build up problems. I see salts such as maxi as a hydro/hydro like nutrient.. like coco (which I think still builds up slightly).. or strictly hydro.. that's just my opinion though, I'm sure it'll work well enough in soil, just make sure you aren't overdoing it.

A typical rule of thumb is whatever the label says (1tsp per gallon) is hydro directions, meant for a 1 week reservoir.. in soil you want to divide that 1tsp up over the course of a week, or just dose 1 time a week at full strength. giving 1tsp 4 times a week in soil is overkill.

Leave a comment:

• sidewing
    replied
    I'd probably run ec a little higher under high intensity light.. I've down graded to about 450watts of t5 for flower from a 1k hps, so less light typically calls for less ec.. So running in a 5 gal bucket, I can only use 4 gal water. 2 scoops puts my at basically 1ec.. I've seen with maxigrow 1.2ec is good, maxibloom needs 1.6... But I'm gonna try to squeeze by with a little less ec, should be fine. Plant uptake better with less (within reason)

Leave a comment:

• sackoweed
    replied
    Has anybody used the kiss method with happy frog soil?

sackO

Leave a comment:

• oti$
    replied
    I've been @ ~3 scoops/5gal bucket and they've been looking super lush and healthy. I haven't had to feed anything over 1.2 either...it's pretty much the majic number for me health yield and quality wise with any nute I've tried. Some of the best advice I was given was low ec feeds start to finish.

Leave a comment:

• sidewing
    replied
    I'll be using maxigrow only from veg to harvest on next round in dwc. I'm logging on a different site, but I'll be sure to drop a pic every now and then to show that maxigrow works fantastic in flower. I've always felt it's the more complete nutrient vs bloom.. Time will tell. I'll be rocking 1.0ec all through

Leave a comment:

• stoned40yrs
    replied
    Originally posted by oti$ View Post
    i was having some lockout\deficiancy in veg on a couple plants, new strains, that i had not seen in my past grows with mb and couldn't fix until switching over to maxigrow. i know its not kiss one part the entire grow easy, but still pretty cheap and simple to feed mg in veg and switch over to mb for flower.
    I started using MG in veg about 1.5 years ago. Works better than MB and h3ads 6/9 both. I don't follow the instructions though. 1-2 tsp/gal is crazy. I give them about 1/2tsp/gal and stay under 1.2ec. As soon as they get about 2' tall I stick a blumat in the coco and feed them 1.2ec of h3ads 6/9 till they are done. Just because MB works for most people doesn't mean it is better than MG in veg.

Leave a comment:

• stoned40yrs
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnKimble View Post
    lol, it just sounds like us growers are winning against the "man" having to buy only one product instead of 20 bottles. It was the case wouldn't GH have pulled this maxibloom by now or raised the price for it being "too good of a deal". Personally I think I'll give it shot though, its hard not ignore the hype in this thread. I've been using several different products. I'll just use maxibloom and calmag and put the rest of the stuff in a box and see what kind of results I get. I didn't see the results I was looking for using all the stuff I was using; if anything maybe I did more harm then good. I should stick to basics, to get a reference point so If I use those other products again, I'll be able to see if they actually do anything or are just snake oil.
    Don't use calmag with anything unless you are using RO. That shit screwed up more plants than it ever helped. Use epsom

Leave a comment:

• oti$
    replied
    Originally posted by WaxyTaxi
    is that pure coco? Looking good amigo..
    Yup, just coco..

Leave a comment:

• Dr.RedWhite
    replied
    Originally posted by brainzfuxed View Post
    Even at 650ppm?
    Just how much N,P or K do you think is contained in that 650 PPM? Do you think creek water is without any TDS? Lake water? What about soil outdoors? This is water decreed drinkable by the state(how funny is that!) and it limits TDS to certain minerals. The minerals do force me to use a lot of PH down but things grow nicely.

Leave a comment:

• JohnKimble
    replied
    Originally posted by Bobby_Stainless View Post
    That's a common issue with buying lots of nutes.^

Giving plants way more than they need.
    I just did my first grow, had no idea what I was doing. Prob gonna get half a zip off my plant. I got myself botanicare coco coir, calmag, maxibloom and koolbloom. Rolling in the next grow...

Pics off maxibloom only plants coming soon from me.

Leave a comment:

• Bobby_Stainless
    replied
    That's a common issue with buying lots of nutes.^

Giving plants way more than they need.

Leave a comment:

• JohnKimble
    replied
    Originally posted by Maj.Cottonmouth View Post
    Yup, have a nice day.
    lol, it just sounds like us growers are winning against the "man" having to buy only one product instead of 20 bottles. It was the case wouldn't GH have pulled this maxibloom by now or raised the price for it being "too good of a deal". Personally I think I'll give it shot though, its hard not ignore the hype in this thread. I've been using several different products. I'll just use maxibloom and calmag and put the rest of the stuff in a box and see what kind of results I get. I didn't see the results I was looking for using all the stuff I was using; if anything maybe I did more harm then good. I should stick to basics, to get a reference point so If I use those other products again, I'll be able to see if they actually do anything or are just snake oil.

Leave a comment:

• oti$
    replied
    i was having some lockout\deficiancy in veg on a couple plants, new strains, that i had not seen in my past grows with mb and couldn't fix until switching over to maxigrow. i know its not kiss one part the entire grow easy, but still pretty cheap and simple to feed mg in veg and switch over to mb for flower.
    this is a cheese n chaze before mg:

and heres on after being fed mgrow for a couple weeks:
    i know the pics arent the best, but this one as well as all the others are much healthier looking. no deficient looking leaves no more red\purple stems\stalks, nothing but lush green growth. i know some purists may disagree, but after trying maxigrow in veg and seeing the results im going to keep using it for veg.

Leave a comment:

• Maj.Cottonmouth
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnKimble View Post
    I dont understand the hype of the maxibloom lucas instructions. Its the same instructions on the package: 1 teaspoon per gallon.
    So you can veg fine using a nute meant for bloom is all there is to learn here?
    Yup, have a nice day.

Leave a comment:

• GET MO
    replied
    wut is veg + bloom dirty? 1 teaspoon of maxi in my well water sets my ph at 5.9, perfect for me coco.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X