What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

G

Guest 18340

Yup. Soil for me is usually water/water/feed, give or take. I read the leaves kinda...

toohighmf

Veteran
Goin MB or dynabloom. Need to figure it out by tomorrow. Think I'm goin the dyna route for base, calmg, humics, n protekt, and this new animo product from cash crop.
KB weeks 4 & 8. I run NFT in rockwool. Simple, effective, and very stabile. I run RO to know what is in my water. Nothing wrong with a little chlorine, chlorimine but the cal, iron, zinc, cadmium, sulfer, and other heavy metals in a lot of tap, I don't gamble on felonies. RO cal mg, addtl Epsom salts, and occasional molasses for it's enzymatic,& leaching capabilities.

M

merlot

Scrolled through alot of pages didn't see how often people are using it when watering with soil. Just curious how people are doing it.

Usually use MB/MB/Water for feeding... the girls absolutely love the maxi. Instead of PH up, using silica blast, 5ml/ga that gets the PH to 6.0.

No bloom boosters as of now

RicoT

I wish my damn mb would hurry and arrive. I ordered it along with a GH ph kit, from Amazon. For about $30 too! Hell, I pay that much for a small bottle of LK, or even more for a small box of any guano. Can't wait to switch from organics, and experience the difference. Plants just seem to develop really slow using organics, and my trichome production isn't what I know it could be...regardless of strain. Not even mentioning the million part mix that ensues, causing someone as lazy as myself to procrastinate, until I feel guilty enough to finally water.

R

Rysam

Rico:
with the GH drops and pink MB, pee yellow ph is what I shoot for. HTH.

Does MB give better buds then the FNB? or are people just using the maxi first becuse it is cleaner? or a powder? or what....

I have a shit load of FNB but all the info is about MB are there many people that have tryed the lucas with fnb???????

Either work just as well as a one-part. I think the big difference (why people chose the MB) is the cost and the the powder vs. liquid (easier to handle and use, cleaner, etc)

I use MB instead because it's cheaper. That's it, the only reason. It works, it's cheap, my dope is great. What more could you want? It really is that easy!

Peace :rasta:

M

merlot

Organics is a pain in the rear, and smelly. Used to let the tea bubble for a couple days first to raise the PH naturally..

MB is so much easier, and makes the plants just as happy or better, for 1/2 the price or less so why not.

What bloom boosters are people using with MB?

P

Purple Monster

What bloom boosters are people using with MB?

It doesn't need any bloom boosters.

It's been said over and over again in this thread that maxibloom alone works great, and it does.

The whole point of this method is to KEEP IT SIMPLE STONER.

Not adding more bottles of crap.

If you have full strength maxibloom(complete in primary, secondary, and micro nutes) coming out at 1100-1200ppms, do you really think adding MORE nutrients is going to be beneficial?

I dont.

*ADDED*
I know evlme2 n a few others add some koolbloom near the end, but me personally my yields are great. I have considered it but haven't tried it yet.

Like I said though, you dont need anything else.

R

Rysam

5 tsp MB & 3 tsp Pro-Tekt(to raise ph), mixed with tap in a 5 gal bucket. thats it.

picture.php

picture.php

Ioni Botani

It doesn't need any bloom boosters.

It's been said over and over again in this thread that maxibloom alone works great, and it does.

The whole point of this method is to KEEP IT SIMPLE STONER.

Not adding more bottles of crap.

If you have full strength maxibloom(complete in primary, secondary, and micro nutes) coming out at 1100-1200ppms, do you really think adding MORE nutrients is going to be beneficial?

I dont.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

If ya can't grow sweet tasting, smooth burning smoke without a bunch of additives....
You're doing something wrong.

If ya can't get plants to yield properly....
YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

A lot of people can't get a hold on this (myself included, no less!)

We think that because we get a plant to yield something smoke-able that we're doing everything correctly....and that the only way to make our weed more dank (yield more etc.) is to somehow "upgrade" or BIGGIE SIZE by adding more $$$money$$$ (=More complexity) into the equation.

More expensive things don't improve the quality of bud. It's like saying that NAME BRAND stuff somehow enhances one's quality of life.

NOT TRUE. (If anything complexities lower quality!)

Like MileHigh said, you will honestly and truthfully YIELD MORE by saving your money and adding another light.

I find that a plant properly dialed-in will yield to its fullest potential.
(and secrete more oils = more weight by volume = more THC = more Terpenes = more aroma and flava!)

Anybody not with me? :laughing:

Keep It Simple, Stoners!!! The Grow Tek that's ACTUALLY a lifestyle recommendation!

:artist:

M

merlot

Originally Posted by merlot
Usually use MB/MB/Water for feeding... the girls absolutely love the maxi. Instead of PH up, using silica blast, 5ml/ga that gets the PH to 6.0.
No bloom boosters as of now

Are you using soil? 6 ph seems low for soil

Yeah, using soil mix... water comes out of the tap to filter, comes out at 7.3ph, then with MB its at around 5.4-5.6 .. adding the silica it comes out at 6. Still after feeding runoff measures around 7.5

R

Rysam

Thanks, its my first run using MB in coco hempys vert style. Ive done an "organic" flat garden for a while but with this run it was time to change it up a bit.

Without knowing that this tread existed, I switched swiched over to Maxi-Bloom about six months ago. I did it out of desperation. After receiving a 10% pay cut at my job, I was forced to either quit my hobby or economize.

The fellow at the growshop told me that MB would not do the job because it did not contain all the necessary micronutrients. The label said otherwise. I left the store having spent $15,00 instead of the $200.00+ that I once thought necessary.

Results have been equal, if not better. I could have made several mortgage payments with the money I had wasted over the years. Oh bitter regret!

I have but one issue. MB will not fully dissolve, and so there is a residue that settles to the bottom of my tank. Yet everything seems to be okay.

The MB brings my PH way to low, I do nothing about it, and everything is working out fine.

Without knowing that this tread existed, I switched swiched over to Maxi-Bloom about six months ago. I did it out of desperation. After receiving a 10% pay cut at my job, I was forced to either quit my hobby or economize.

The fellow at the growshop told me that MB would not do the job because it did not contain all the necessary micronutrients. The label said otherwise. I left the store having spent $15,00 instead of the $200.00+ that I once thought necessary.

Results have been equal, if not better. I could have made several mortgage payments with the money I had wasted over the years. Oh bitter regret!

I have but one issue. MB will not fully dissolve, and so there is a residue that settles to the bottom of my tank. Yet everything seems to be okay.

The MB brings my PH way to low, I do nothing about it, and everything is working out fine.
Anybody else experience the residue at the bottom of their tanks?