No announcement yet.

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best thing ive seen is people saying find your max with maxibloom somewhere around 1.2-1.3 ec {That way you get calmag covered with the base}. THEN after you find the balance between underfed\burn You gently add in some koolbloom for another 100-250 ppm {hitting up around 1.6-1.8ish}.. The lower the maxibloom base you can use the more room you leave for koolbloom.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Young View Post
      Best thing ive seen is people saying find your max with maxibloom somewhere around 1.2-1.3 ec {That way you get calmag covered with the base}. THEN after you find the balance between underfed\burn You gently add in some koolbloom for another 100-200 ppm. Maxing around 1.2-1.3 ec with just maxibloom being fine, but just a touch of koolbloom to really chunk things up. The lower the base you can use the more room you leave for koolbloom.

Interesting, I've never heard that method before...makes sense.
      sigpic I do my best work at night

Originally posted by Ez Rider
      I bid you a fond F**K OFF! I am done with you.

Comment

Anyone used dosatrons with maxi?

Comment

hey guys,
          im new here and have a questions that might got answered already but i would appreciate it if someone could answer me. (sry for my basic english skills)

i have 2 bags of MaxiGRO and MaxiBLOOM and want to use it on my aeroflo 40 (its a recirculating system) with only OSMOSIS Water! i usually start with cutlings in rockwool cubes and insert them into the aeroflo 40. I know K.I.S.S. is about to only use MB but i already bought both of them

- how much EC or PPM should my OSMOSIS water have with only use of MAXIGRO?
          (cuttlings are about 6-8 inches (~20cm))
          so whats the minimum ppm/EC i should go for to not have deficities in CAL & MAG?
          start with 1.0 EC? or should i start lower at around 0.5 at the beginning?

i usually control the nutes with my EC meter so when it drops i add more nutes, when it rises i add water but most of the time i have troubles at the beginning and small cuttlings so i dont want to kill them with underfeed/overfeed

thanks for the answer , greets from europe

Comment

1.0ec of maxigrow works great with cuttings, increase to 1.1-1.2 for larger veg plants. With osmosis water you may get a mag deficiency so you should add either epsom salt or a cal-mag supplement. Fuck one part maxibloom kiss, using a mix of maxigrow and maxibloom is just as simple and is BETTER for your plants. Using only maxibloom always makes my plants yellow up way too early. I feed by ec and don't give a fuck what the recipe calls for in weight. I think it's insane to go above 1.4ec with any nutes if you aren't using co2. First two weeks of bloom I use 50/50 maxigrow and maxibloom. weeks 4,5 and 6 it's 25% maxigrow and 75% maxibloom. week 7 is all maxibloom and 8 and 9 is water only. I never go above 1.3ec. Don't lock yourself into this 7 grams maxibloom shit, it ain't the best and it's just as easy using maxigrow and maxibloom together for better results.
            "Its expensive as hell to hang out on these boards if you take anyones word on anything!" Whobdobub-2009

"Im down to kick it... Just don't bring any pests with you! Coconutz-2014

Comment

Damn that was fast !

Originally posted by stoned40yrs View Post
              1.0ec of maxigrow works great with cuttings, increase to 1.1-1.2 for larger veg plants. With osmosis water you may get a mag deficiency so you should add either epsom salt or a cal-mag supplement. Fuck one part maxibloom kiss, using a mix of maxigrow and maxibloom is just as simple and is BETTER for your plants. Using only maxibloom always makes my plants yellow up way too early. I feed by ec and don't give a fuck what the recipe calls for in weight. I think it's insane to go above 1.4ec with any nutes if you aren't using co2. First two weeks of bloom I use 50/50 maxigrow and maxibloom. weeks 4,5 and 6 it's 25% maxigrow and 75% maxibloom. week 7 is all maxibloom and 8 and 9 is water only. I never go above 1.3ec. Don't lock yourself into this 7 grams maxibloom shit, it ain't the best and it's just as easy using maxigrow and maxibloom together for better results.
              Thanks so much for the fast response!

I thought the same about MG because its simply made for that and using both is just as simple as using only MB. While reading this thread i always thought „why the fuck no one is feeding by ec, it‘s so damn simple“

How much ppm/ec of cal/mag you recommend to add to the osmosis water ?(thought about ~0,2 EC)
              Can i use any Cal/mag nute that‘s available because i can‘t get GHE CALiMAGic anywhere in europe.
              I have one bottle aptus CaMg boost -> https://www.hydroponics.eu/aptus-camg-boost-5l~31955.html
              Sry for the stupid question but i think that‘s the same, isn‘t it? Just wanted to go for sure!

Do you prefer to let the ph swing around 5,5 to 6,5 or keep it constant at ,for example 5.8?

Can‘t wait to start my next grow and flush that stupid snake oil bottles down the toilet thanks so much, can’t describe how much i appreciate your help!

Comment

The trick to using straight Maxi, with the correct amount of epsom, is having a full and natural pH swing.

Does this look like it's having issues? This is maxibloom at 750ppm under a 1k HPS. The difference is I have a full pH swing in the root zone from 5.4'ish up to 5.8-5.9.

Tending Your Reservoir for a Full pH Swing and Cleaner Cannabis (A Healthier Approach to Hydroponic Cannabis)
                DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds
                DIY Super Inexpensive HEPA Filtration
                6-Second Pain Relief for Arthritic and Joint Pain
                8-Minute CBD Test
                Cool and Dry Flowering Discussion Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
                  The trick to using straight Maxi, with the correct amount of epsom, is having a full and natural pH swing.

Does this look like it's having issues? This is maxibloom at 750ppm under a 1k HPS. The difference is I have a full pH swing in the root zone from 5.4'ish up to 5.8-5.9.

View Image
                  the only issue you have is when you need to harvest that monster plants, looks amazing

- what kind of system do you have?
                  - how much is the "correct" amount of epsom?
                  - can you explain how you let swing your ph (start with cuttlings @ph 5.4 and let it rise to 5.9 and then lower it again to 5.4?) and do you give 750ppm MB from start to finish?

question upon question
                  thanks

Comment

I prefer DWC, which is a Roots-In type hydro (roots are constantly IN the solution). Your desired pH changes a little in Roots-Out hydro, due to the slight pH swing as the media dries out between waterings.

Magnesium is the element with the greatest differences in demand for cannabis. I generally start with .5g/gallon of a quality epsom salt. (Not the hydrate versions, magnesium sulfate) When the plants have a full pH swing often enough, not enough mag will show up as the standard yellowing on the leaves between the veins. Add a bit more epsom. You should be able to chop your plant at any time during flower (no flush), dry it out and NOT get sparking or crackling.

When you start with r/o water and add Maxibloom, the pH drops to around 4'ish. Add pH up in Roots-In systems until you reach 5.4. Roots-Out systems you want around 5.6. As your plants remove the nutrients, they're removing the natural pH down they are and the pH will slowly rise as the days pass. It should reach 5.8-6.0 within 7 days at the start of flowering. Too slow means you have too many gallons of nutrient for your plants/light-wattage. Too quick means you have too few gallons of nute mix.

750ppm is about maximum for me and the genetics I've run in the past. Read your plants by color, they should look close to what my photo shows. Darker green and you'll be destroying quality, lighter green and you run the risk of deficiencies. I try to grow as light as possible without deficiencies. Less really is 'more' with cannabis.

Glad to help. Reservoir management is one of the most often overlooked parts of "hydroponics" and it makes all the difference in the world.
                    Tending Your Reservoir for a Full pH Swing and Cleaner Cannabis (A Healthier Approach to Hydroponic Cannabis)
                    8-Minute CBD Test

Comment

still makes me feel insecure

Originally posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
                      I prefer DWC, which is a Roots-In type hydro (roots are constantly IN the solution). Your desired pH changes a little in Roots-Out hydro, due to the slight pH swing as the media dries out between waterings.
                      i have my water pump on 24/7 so the rockwool and the roots never dry out.
                      i can adjust my water tubes so the roots are completely underwater too, but i only do that at the beginning when the roots are only visible in the rockwool cubes.
                      After a few days when the spraychamber is full with roots i adjust the water tubes to the bottom to provide them more oxygen and roots are 24/7 sprayed with 360° sprayer

again thanks for the explanation!
                      but now i still remain unsure whether i should go the "ONLY MB"-way or MG+MB

Comment

24/7 pump means a Roots-In system, meaning you treat it just like DWC.

Straight MB will grow shorter, stouter plants which (IMO) hold their harvest weight well. Too much nitrogen for me with the Grow, so I've only done it a few times. I definitely would not recommend MB+MG during flower.
                        8-Minute CBD Test

Comment

I'd go with something like Floralicious + instead of maxigro. At least get some beneficial bacteria\humics.

Comment

I am having issues. My leaves are turning yellow and the leaves are variegated in color.

All I am using is Maxibloom 7g per gallon in 3:1 perlite to Vermiculite and tap water.

What's wrong?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Young View Post
                              I'd go with something like Floralicious + instead of maxigro. At least get some beneficial bacteria\humics.
                              Floralicious+ is humics. Maxigrow is a vegetative nutrient powder.

I use MB and Floralicious+ together, though I use less than 2ml/gallon of the Floralicious+. Works great.
                              8-Minute CBD Test

Comment

Originally posted by DoDad View Post
                                I am having issues. My leaves are turning yellow and the leaves are variegated in color.

All I am using is Maxibloom 7g per gallon in 3:1 perlite to Vermiculite and tap water.

What's wrong?
                                What is the pH, ppm of your tap water? What pH are you setting your nutrient solution at?

It looks like 7g is too much, see the tips of your leaves burning up?
                                8-Minute CBD Test

Comment

Working...
                                X