Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stoned40yrs
    replied
    I mix nutes with this puppy. Cold well water in a 5 gal bucket and 35 grams of MB. Less than 30 seconds and it's mixed. It creates a vortex whirlpool from top to bottom of the bucket. That's a metal garden stake that I drilled a couple holes through and bolted on an aluminum plate. If anybody has a faster way to mix 5 gal of MB I'd like to see it

Leave a comment:

• oti$
    replied
    I use tap, but my tap ec is so low it barely registers on my truncheon. If i had tap that had an ec like yours, id definitely use ro. I would normally suggest 50\50, but with an ec that high, 80\20 would be a good idea. I have also have found that mixing tap with ro helps to keep ph more stable due to buffers that help keep municipal water supplies at a constant ph. By using ro or mostly ro, you will have a more accurate idea of whats in the solution you are feeding your plants. Im also pretty sure that mostof the minerals and salts n tap water aren't available to the plants, i learned that last tid bit on the internet, so im not 100% on that one. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• stoned40yrs
    replied
    Originally posted by brainzfuxed View Post
    Do you use Tap or Ro? I'm debating cutting my mix to 80% RO 20% tap to bring my hardness to 150ppm to 200ppm
    Sounds like a good plan. Now quit worrying about it or changing your mind. Fucking do it

Leave a comment:

• brainzfuxed
    replied
    Originally posted by oti$ View Post
    You don't have to mix in a mason jar with hot water, it just dissolves faster. I usually just use a water bottle+hot water.
    Do you use Tap or Ro? I'm debating cutting my mix to 80% RO 20% tap to bring my hardness to 150ppm to 200ppm

Leave a comment:

• oti$
    replied
    Originally posted by brainzfuxed View Post
    So should I run straight RO or do a split of 1/4 tap water and 3/4 RO? My tap water comes out at 650ppm. Also I read that in mixing maxibloom we should not use warm water in a mason jar, but rather just toss the 1 tsp straight into the gallon of water and shake at room temp. Is this true? Thanks
    You don't have to mix in a mason jar with hot water, it just dissolves faster. I usually just use a water bottle+hot water.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X