No announcement yet.

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High ec of tap water or water being used will really fuck things up if your trying to give it the right ec they're asking for. 2.8ec will fry your plants you can't subtract the ec from the water just cus you add nutes to it. It doesn't cancel out that way. Depending on the strain your growing 1.1 maybe enough for some plants in the beginning but since that tap water and it doesn't have everything needed nutes will have to be used to supply what isn't there. High ec tap water is hard to gauge unless you know all the elements that's in it but 1.1ec shouldn't have to worry about calmag but it could be filled with something else more than that

Comment

Originally posted by stoned40yrs View Post
      We talk in ec here, not ppms. 1.1ec is 550 ppms on the X500 tds scale. But if you are going to follow that guys advice and feed your plants 2.8ec then just throw your meter away and quit worrying about ppms and ec. To say the tap water ec acts like minerals and not ferts is a fucking WOW.
      Well stoned all I said was that the PPM of your tap water is likely minerals not N-P-K. Maxibloom works better for us that have high PPM tap than Jacks Professional + calnit. There is a lot in my water that is not used by the plant so yes it does build up the PPM's and it is impossible to say what that comprises of. Change your reservoir weekly and it won't be an issue. If you can use RO water by all means do so but it is not always necessary. Some tap water is almost unusable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.RedWhite View Post
        Well stoned all I said was that the PPM of your tap water is likely minerals not N-P-K. Maxibloom works better for us that have high PPM tap than Jacks Professional + calnit. There is a lot in my water that is not used by the plant so yes it does build up the PPM's and it is impossible to say what that comprises of. Change your reservoir weekly and it won't be an issue. If you can use RO water by all means do so but it is not always necessary. Some tap water is almost unusable.
        So does maxi bloom used with RO have enough cal mag or will I need to supplement. I have read conflicting information regarding this

Comment

Originally posted by brainzfuxed View Post
          So does maxi bloom used with RO have enough cal mag or will I need to supplement. I have read conflicting information regarding this
          I highly doubt you would need calmag. If you did see a mag deficiency you add a pinch of Epsom salts for the mag and sulfur. Don't worry about adding it unless you see a need which you probably won't. Use RO if you can, or a mix of your tap and RO, giving your plants tap and MB at 2.8ec sounds whack to me. If you are in coco do DTW so you don't get a massive salt buildup. I ran KISS through blumats,1.8ec and had salt buildup on top of the coco and the black fabric pots turned white from salts. I tested the runoff of my first flush before chop and the ec was 2.8. So I know plants can survive in that ec but the taste of all them nutes made me quit KISS.
          That said too many people love this stuff and it works for them so give it a try. Maxibloom is nothing more than the dry salts of GHs liquid formulas, Grow, Micro and Bloom, mixed at a ratio of 3 parts bloom, 2 micro and 1 grow. If tap don't mean shit then why does GH make a hardwater liquid version of their micro to use if your tap is near or above 0.8ec (400ppm)?
          "Its expensive as hell to hang out on these boards if you take anyones word on anything!" Whobdobub-2009

"Im down to kick it... Just don't bring any pests with you! Coconutz-2014

Comment

I highly doubt you would need calmag. If you did see a mag deficiency you add a pinch of Epsom salts for the mag and sulfur. Don't worry about adding it unless you see a need which you probably won't. Use RO if you can, or a mix of your tap and RO, giving your plants tap and MB at 2.8ec sounds whack to me. If you are in coco do DTW so you don't get a massive salt buildup. I ran KISS through blumats,1.8ec and had salt buildup on top of the coco and the black fabric pots turned white from salts. I tested the runoff of my first flush before chop and the ec was 2.8. So I know plants can survive in that ec but the taste of all them nutes made me quit KISS.
            That said too many people love this stuff and it works for them so give it a try. Maxibloom is nothing more than the dry salts of GHs liquid formulas, Grow, Micro and Bloom, mixed at a ratio of 3 parts bloom, 2 micro and 1 grow. If tap don't mean shit then why does GH make a hardwater liquid version of their micro to use if your tap is near or above 0.8ec (400ppm)?
            So should I run straight RO or do a split of 1/4 tap water and 3/4 RO? My tap water comes out at 650ppm. Also I read that in mixing maxibloom we should not use warm water in a mason jar, but rather just toss the 1 tsp straight into the gallon of water and shake at room temp. Is this true? Thanks

Comment

I have run some very nice plants using my tap water and would recommend trying your tap water before going nuts with RO and having to add calcium to it. 1 tsp Maxibloom and PH down to near a PH of 6 is a good place to start. Some plants like more magnesium so I add the 1/4 tsp epsom salts as a matter of a deficiency I don't have to fix later. Saying the 1.1 EC our tap starts with is some form is nutrient is just wrong. Some of those minerals are beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.RedWhite View Post
                I have run some very nice plants using my tap water and would recommend trying your tap water before going nuts with RO and having to add calcium to it. 1 tsp Maxibloom and PH down to near a PH of 6 is a good place to start. Some plants like more magnesium so I add the 1/4 tsp epsom salts as a matter of a deficiency I don't have to fix later. Saying the 1.1 EC our tap starts with is some form is nutrient is just wrong. Some of those minerals are beneficial.
                Even at 650ppm?

Comment

So should I run straight RO or do a split of 1/4 tap water and 3/4 RO? My tap water comes out at 650ppm. Also I read that in mixing maxibloom we should not use warm water in a mason jar, but rather just toss the 1 tsp straight into the gallon of water and shake at room temp. Is this true? Thanks
                  You don't have to mix in a mason jar with hot water, it just dissolves faster. I usually just use a water bottle+hot water.

Comment

Originally posted by oti$ View Post
                    You don't have to mix in a mason jar with hot water, it just dissolves faster. I usually just use a water bottle+hot water.
                    Do you use Tap or Ro? I'm debating cutting my mix to 80% RO 20% tap to bring my hardness to 150ppm to 200ppm

Comment

Do you use Tap or Ro? I'm debating cutting my mix to 80% RO 20% tap to bring my hardness to 150ppm to 200ppm
                      Sounds like a good plan. Now quit worrying about it or changing your mind. Fucking do it
                      "Its expensive as hell to hang out on these boards if you take anyones word on anything!" Whobdobub-2009

Comment

I use tap, but my tap ec is so low it barely registers on my truncheon. If i had tap that had an ec like yours, id definitely use ro. I would normally suggest 50\50, but with an ec that high, 80\20 would be a good idea. I have also have found that mixing tap with ro helps to keep ph more stable due to buffers that help keep municipal water supplies at a constant ph. By using ro or mostly ro, you will have a more accurate idea of whats in the solution you are feeding your plants. Im also pretty sure that mostof the minerals and salts n tap water aren't available to the plants, i learned that last tid bit on the internet, so im not 100% on that one. Good luck!

Comment

I mix nutes with this puppy. Cold well water in a 5 gal bucket and 35 grams of MB. Less than 30 seconds and it's mixed. It creates a vortex whirlpool from top to bottom of the bucket. That's a metal garden stake that I drilled a couple holes through and bolted on an aluminum plate. If anybody has a faster way to mix 5 gal of MB I'd like to see it

Comment

I just drop it in a 5 gallon sparkletts bottle and shake! room temperature works best.

Comment

I mix nutes with this puppy. Cold well water in a 5 gal bucket and 35 grams of MB. Less than 30 seconds and it's mixed. It creates a vortex whirlpool from top to bottom of the bucket. That's a metal garden stake that I drilled a couple holes through and bolted on an aluminum plate. If anybody has a faster way to mix 5 gal of MB I'd like to see it
                              View Image
                              I use something similar, mines a paint stirring attachment...gets a rez thouroughly mixed fast

Comment

Does anyone ever work their way up to full 7g Mb? I've given my 1inch tall seedlings 3.5g of maxibloom and fear that this may be too much because of stunted growth in one of them. Should I have started at 1/4 strength and then moved to 1/2 strength then full?

Comment

Working...
                                X