Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tap Water

Originally posted by greentrich View Post
    Wow..the amount of ca and mg is actually pretty impressive for an all in one nute. So much so that if one of these deficiencies crept up, it wouldn't be that bad to the point where a small supplement would bring them right back in line.

Thank you Paul
    Last I checked the PPMs of my water was ranging between 500-600. Most of which is Cal and Mag......which is why I use only tap...
    NO ADDITIVES NEEDED!

This brings me right to about 1300 ppm's after the Maxi.

I cannot stress enough to find your own amount of pH Up to use, everyone's tap is different.. HOWEVER, in the big scheme of things...it should'nt be more than 1/2 tsp...as the tap water in the US must meet certain standards.

I would like to thank those of you that helped me find my way amongst all the trash out there.

You know who you are!

Thank you.

-I

Hash Oil Cures Cancer

"Picked up a seed and he said,
    'Here, son it's time for you to grow your own tree.'
    Yes Iya see it...In IonI dream..."

Comment

LF.com!

A LINK FOR THOSE STRUGGLING TO UNDERSTAND

Take it all in.

I

Hash Oil Cures Cancer

Comment

How does this apply to RO water users?? I'm assuming a cal/mag supplement would still need to be added?

I noticed you specified tap water. Would you mind posting your tap water quality for the growers who would like to use this method, but might have to make adjustments dictated by their tap quality compared to yours?

Good info!

TIA.
        Their are a few guys here on the 'mag who use ro and Maxibloom and swear they don't need to add extra cal or mg.
        I'm in Florida and this state is a lime stone shelf so our water is loaded with calcium, you can actually smell it, smells like wet clay.
        My tap comes out between 290-350ppm's at any given time.

Originally posted by CranAppleGemz View Post
        i sure miss Dongle69...i wonder where she could be?
        Apparently she left becaue she was not happy about yummybud being banned.

Originally posted by Psycho Paul View Post
        Hey evlme2.

Do you have to water pretty much every day then with coco? I wonder how maxibloom works in sunshine/pro-mix and those mediums. I am sure it works just as well.

I am going to give it a try soon.
        Yes, I water/feed everyday in coco. Unless the roots are still too small for the pot they're in, then I'll do a few wet/dry days until roots poke out the drain holes.
        I can tell you from experience that Maxibloom works with soil, check my thread in Mosca forum,http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191205
        I'm sure it will work with pro mix

Comment

I also found the K.I.S.S. to be effective with FNB (Flora Nova Bloom) at 7ml to 15ml depending on tap water source and stages of growth with no additives. Younger plants 1/4 to 1/2 of the recommended dose. It also has a decent amount of Ca and Mg from the bottle. The added bonus is the Humic Acid. The down part of FNB is it does have a shelf life and the shaking to get things mixed up lol.
          The Search For Sizzle

Comment

Originally posted by Ioni Botani View Post
            Last I checked the PPMs of my water was ranging between 500-600. Most of which is Cal and Mag......which is why I use only tap...
            NO ADDITIVES NEEDED!

This brings me right to about 1300 ppm's after the Maxi.

I cannot stress enough to find your own amount of pH Up to use, everyone's tap is different.. HOWEVER, in the big scheme of things...it should'nt be more than 1/2 tsp...as the tap water in the US must meet certain standards.

I would like to thank those of you that helped me find my way amongst all the trash out there.

You know who you are!

Thank you.

-I
            Im glad this system works for you and your water supply...I dont belive that it will work for everones situation.Unless the nitrogen used in the maxi product is very acidic[anm-urea] i would still need ph down NOT up to balance my water and keep the mediums ph from riseing...on that note i plan on trying both maxi gro and bloom products and see what happens as im all for the kiss approach.

Comment

I grow in coco and when i add 1 tsp MaxiBloom my PH is ~6.26 so i adjust to 5.8.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSilverHaze View Post
                I grow in coco and when i add 1 tsp MaxiBloom my PH is ~6.26 so i adjust to 5.8.
                What's your water source?

Comment

Originally posted by emerald city View Post
                  on that note i plan on trying both maxi gro and bloom products and see what happens as im all for the kiss approach.
                  No need for the gro, only the bloom. It has the amount of N necessary for veg.

Plus its VERY acidic. My water is like 7 it brings it to like 4. pH UP! I use the drops. You want it to be piss yellow. That'll be around 5.5-6.0 every time. You want it to slightly vary really.
                  I have a meter.....AND I DONT USE IT.

I believe most ppl's water is going to be about 7...if its coming from the city. Dunno bout well water.

NO MAXIGRO NEEDED.
                  ONLY MAXIBLOOM.
                  K*I*S*S!
                  Its a waste of money.

-Io

Hash Oil Cures Cancer

Comment

no shitI didn't know

Comment

What's your water source?

i use my tap water and bubble it for a day and i bought cal/mag and dont need it. oh well, at least i found an easy nute to use and i guarantee ill be using maxi/coolbloom from now on.

i like it b/c im running several strains and its a staggered grow & i dont have to worry about nutes for different stages of the plant, just one.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSilverHaze View Post
                        i like it b/c im running several strains and its a staggered grow & i dont have to worry about nutes for different stages of the plant, just one.

^^^YEH! What he said!^^^

Different strains, different stages. Its no matter! The plant is happy throughout. No need for all this BS!
                        "People are being bought and sold in this county by gizmos and gadgets" - George Carlin

-I

Hash Oil Cures Cancer

Comment

You might want to consider swapping the pH up for a silica additive, it really helps the overall strength of the plant.
                          I take long tokes, C'mon folks
                          Ain't nothin in the world like strong smoke

Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it - Henry David Thoreau

If you smoke like I smoke
                          Then you high like everyday
                          Nate Dogg RIP

Comment

The pH up optimizes nute uptake by placing the water in the right ph range. Unless the silica has a high pH then....However, Ive seen the results. ITS NOT NEEDED.
                            Yes, the plants may be slightly heartier, but to what degree is it worth it?
                            Some of the best bud in my life has been grown with this method.
                            I assure you, its not needed.
                            -Ion

Hash Oil Cures Cancer

Comment

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

I think he was saying instead of using your usual PH Up.. Use silica to bring it up.. You use it as Ph UP and at the same time give them a Lil something they can use for other things.. I've only purchased ph down with my nutes n water if it needs adjustment it's usually 95% of the time PH down that is needed. The times I've had to raise it I've used rhizotonic to do so since I didn't have any up.
                              F.U.C.K.E.M.

Comment

tagged. Thanks for the info! Great thread
                                and we all can smoke two pounds of cali herb by ourselves
                                then try to stand on our heads
                                no matter how high we get
                                we'll never forget the wonders of mary's bed
                                and we can run 200 miles through a ganja feild
                                until all we see is red and we can shout it out
                                we're still thinking about the wonders of mary's bed

and so we sing jump around sweet mary
                                you know we all have to move along
                                you never know what you've got in this cruel world
                                until you realize its gone

Comment

Working...
                                X