What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Miracle gro tomato formula.

When i grow outside i would use miracle gro tomato formula at 1/ 4 strength and maxing out at 1/2 strength. Mainly because there is no grow store around my area.

My situation is different now.i live in a legal state and theres a grow store right around thr corner.
my question is what kinda brand name nutrients should i buy?
Also is there a sponsor on icmag that sells nutrients/ fertilizer?
im asking because im still a lil sketched out to buy from a store. Any advice is appreciated.thank you icmag

troutman

Seed Whore
Not everybody who buys at grow stores are into Cannabis. So don't worry about it and go check the place out. :)

That would make me so happy if they dont care. Im gonna at least report back to the thread my experiance in a grow store.what should i say im growing? Tomatoes? And should or can i post pictures as long as its grow related to nutrients and fertilizers or should i not post photos? Just tell u guys what they got?

troutman

Seed Whore
Don't tell them anything. Just walk in, look around, buy something and leave. Check online to see if the store
has a website so you can browse what they have before you go. If they don't have one, browse online grow
stores to see what they offer so you be better prepared what to expect. Just buy the basics and don't fall for
the hype of the most expensive stuff.

You can post pics of grow related stuff with no issues in here.

Probally just get sumthing as far as a balanced feed so i can use 2 or less bottles or a good soil with medium levels of nutrients.because il probally dry and recycle my soil and keep it like that.just adding amendments as i grow.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I wouldn't buy from near home. It's a security risk. Go where nobody knows you, and take advantage of peoples allowance of face masks.

After MG I think you will be happy with anything. I suggest a one bottle solution, like floranova. Get a pH meter if you don't have one, and some nitric acid.

StickyBandit

Probally just get sumthing as far as a balanced feed so i can use 2 or less bottles or a good soil with medium levels of nutrients.because il probally dry and recycle my soil and keep it like that.just adding amendments as i grow.

I tried recycling my soil but gave up when my results started going bad. Too much time invested.
I think the PH went too low and the soil had a buildup of nutrients so I dumped it and bought some new potting mix and everything grows well again.
If I knew what I was doing I'm sure it was fixable but I just took the easy way out :)

Im not really too worried about buying local im kinda known for being a big stoner.but at the same time u gotta be careful. I will probally visit this weekend just to do sum window shopping.more than likely im gonna need some good soil and a flower fert.but itll probally last awhile. Becuase i like a good soil because im uset to growing outside.its the inside growing im worried about.like i said thinking bout getting one or two bottles some good soil and maybe sumthing for ph. Sound good everybody?

I tried recycling my soil but gave up when my results started going bad. Too much time invested.
I think the PH went too low and the soil had a buildup of nutrients so I dumped it and bought some new potting mix and everything grows well again.
If I knew what I was doing I'm sure it was fixable but I just took the easy way out :)

Yea u gotta be careful with soil it does buildup but thats just like farmland. U just gotta be careful not to over do it and either add or takeaway depending on the plants age size etc... Thanks 4 posting

I wouldn't buy from near home. It's a security risk. Go where nobody knows you, and take advantage of peoples allowance of face masks.

After MG I think you will be happy with anything. I suggest a one bottle solution, like floranova. Get a pH meter if you don't have one, and some nitric acid.

Thankx for the advice unfortantly this is the only one close by.theres another store in another town thats just as cool but thats like 40 minutes away. The store i wanna visit is a 5 minute walk away.thanks for the advice though

Went 4 a walk.store was closed but they had signs outside their store to let people in the know what they had .im gonna post pics of what i saw outside.if theres any issues mods feel free to delete pics no need to ruffle feathers.

Attachments

• photo2088625.jpg
    photo2088625.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 43
  • photo2088626.jpg
    photo2088626.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 41
  • photo2088627.jpg
    photo2088627.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 36
  • photo2088628.jpg
    photo2088628.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 42
  • photo2088629.jpg
    photo2088629.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 38
I would prefer light warrior but i havent seen if they had it or not.they werent ooen yet i just wanted to scope the place out first.its kinda in a rough neighborhood so alls well.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Mix the ocean Forrest and strawberry fields together. That should feed the plants for 2-3 weeks. You can buy a bottle of Botanicare Bloom Soil formula and that will grow good weed start to finish one bottle.

Get a few rounds done and expand your nutrient line or mix your own soil and lose the bottles.

Good luck and let us know what.you find in there.

Three Berries

Between Happy Frog and Ocean Forest the Happy Frog has more nutes added. I use Miracle Grow but a 24-8-16 in veg and 10-52-10 when in flower. Along with a few other supplements, Epsom salt, Potassium Bicarbonate and Calcium Acetate. Don't really need the veg nutes until about a month to 6 weeks with the Happy Frog.

Yea i only feed sparingly.so im not too concerned about heavy ferts and what not.basically a good veg soil with flower nutes is all i will need.