What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Contaminated nute bottle by mixing syringes?

So I have designated syringes for each bottle of my heavy 16 nutes. I accidentally used the Finish bottle syringe in the fire bottle. The syringe was empty but prolly still contaminated it a little with what ever had dried from previous uses. Should I toss the bottle of fire and get another or should I be straight since the contamination would have been very minimal? Thanks dudes!!!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you used a syringe that had already been used?. That is not something to be concerned about IMO.

TheDarkStorm

Not sure how much of a issue it is. Find out if the ingredients of the one can mess up the chemistry of the other if mixed...with most nutrients having a large percentage of water in them anyway I doubt if the minute traces left on the outside of the syringe will mess up the chemistry in the whole bottle...it may have messed about with that mixed dose inside the syringe tho. I normally when using syringes would squirt the dose out in the water and then dunk about half or more of the syringe into the tank and suck water back up filling the whole syringe....then squirt it back out...I would do this afew times and then go on to the other nutrients bottle using the same syringe....never had a issue.

Growenhaft

you will still be able to use your bottle.

the residues do not have a sufficient reaction effect to impress the entire structure of your fertilizer.

Your concentrate will also contain sufficient stabilizers that would allow the values ​​to shift in the event of such a low level of contamination.

Latest posts

Latest posts