Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuttings from 10 day into flower

Hello good people.
    I read the blog at royalqueenseeds that you could take cuttings from the plants 10 days into flower to get more bushy plants and more nugs.

I tried it and the plants are dark green and they are growing EXTREMELY slow.

I have tried to not overwater them, so I don't think that is the thing causing the dark green leaves and slow growing. They are about 3-5 cm and it has been 4.5 weeks. Is this something to be worried about, or is it something I can do to get them growing?

Thanks for any replies

Weedar

Some more information.
    I am using seedsoil(soil for young plants), 1/4 compost, vermiculite and perlite.
    I have sometimes added a very small amount of easy grow to the water which always has a ph of 6-6,2. It is under a 600 MH lamp with 22-28 degrees celcius and 55% humidity.
    It is green gelato.

Comment

Are you talking about the cuttings growing slowly and having dark green leaves, or are you talking about the plant you have taken the cuttings from. ?
      Did the cuttings make roots ?

Dark green leaves can mean too much Nitrogen.

You can take cuttings from flowering plants, 10 days in or more, they are likely to root more slowly .
      My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
      -----
      To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
      Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

[quote=VerdantGreen;9014692]Are you talking about the cuttings growing slowly and having dark green leaves, or are you talking about the plant you have taken the cuttings from. ?
        Did the cuttings make roots ?

Dark green leaves can mean too much Nitrogen.

/quote]

I am taking about the cuttings. They have rooted but now they are not growing. I am considering giving them a little flush. I would think cuttings from 12/12 cycle would be high in phospor and potassium, not nitrogen.

Comment

Very interested to hear an update on this

Comment

sounds alot like "monster cropping" where you reveg a flowering plant and get a ton of branches shooting out of the bud sites.

Comment

Working...
            X