What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snype’s Various Guides For New Growers!

Snype

Veteran
For growers that are new to the field, learning how to maximize and learn growing techniques can sometimes be difficult. In my various guides, I try to make it as simple as possible for you. There are also certain threads that I find useful from other members on IC and I will link them all in 1 easy post for you guys. As time goes on I will continue to make new guides for the community to share as well as Youtube tutorials. Happy Growing!

Basics
Snype's Guide To Feeding, pH, Reflector Heights, Chlorine And Pumps!

BigTokes ~ Basic Water Chemistry!!

Calculating Nutrient profiles for Canna, GH and PBP by LUCAS

Calculating Nutrient levels by LUCAS

Cloning
Snype's Guide To Cloning In Rockwool Or Aeroponics With 100% Success Rates!

Snype's Cloning Formula For Root Nubs In 3 Days!

Hydroponics
Snype's: Get rid of “The Slime” aka “Brown Slime Algae” aka “Cyanobacteria”!

Snype's Guide To RDWC - Part 1 - Featuring Chemdog Double Diesel & 2,000 Watts! (Please refer to the part 2 thread instead because I made some changes)

Snype's Guide To RDWC - Part 2 - Featuring BYTCH & 4,000 Watts! (This thread is better than part 1 and includes revisions.)

Snype's RDWC Construction Tutorial For 250 Watts - 7,600 Watts!

Soil
Organics for Beginners by BurnOne

Snype's Guide To Growing From Seed To Finish In Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil!

Snype's Guide To My Personal FFOF (MOM) Peeps!

Harvesting and processing
Snype's Guide to Harvesting, Drying, Sweating and Curing!

A perfect cure every time by simon

Carbon Dioxide (C02)
spurr's facts about CO2 ppm: don't use 1,500!

Diagnosing growing problems and mite troubles
MynameStitch's Complete Guide to Sick Plants, pH and Pest troubles!

Snype's Guide To Kill Spider Mites & Broad Mites With 100% Neem Oil!

Neem v Root Aphids (Neem FTW) by ozzieAI

Oils ain't Oils…PNO v HNO by ozzieAI

How To End Powdery Mildew (PM) With Milk by Crazy Composer

Other
Snype's Thc Lollipop Tutorial!

More to come in the future including Youtube tutorials! Stay tuned.........

Last edited:
Awesome, Snype... you freakin' are a rockstar! :headbange

I will be scoping out your harvesting stuff, as I will be doing that for the first time in the next few weeks. :woohoo:

Snype

Veteran
Thanks for the comments guys! I think it is very important for growers like myself to show the next generation of growers the techniques that we have learned over the years. My techniques are always evolving and constantly being fine tuned.

You guys will really like my future links that will continue to be made. I have the perfect testing room for up to 7600 watts and every crop in that room is dedicated to side by side testing for years to come. That's 5 crops per year for testing. I will be showing side by side comparisons between different nutrient companies to show the results as well as many other tests. It's going to be a fun few years!

This is awesome. I am waiting on a few more pieces and i can get my system together. I am pretty stoked, thanks again, Snype!

saluki

ICMag Donor
Wow Snype thanks alot man!! Gonna enjoy reading through this. I'm gonna start my first ever grow journal soon hope to get your insight!!!!

Skyrancher

I saved many of these guides for future use and current planning. Thank you for your time and effort. Really appreciate you sharing you knowledge. Thank you Snype !!

vro

in the guide to eco moms what is this fixture called that the cfls are on
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=47880&pictureid=1117688
i know that the ones with 2 coming out of them are y splitters but this one has 3. are you able to move and adjust the splitters with 3 coming out of it because the y splitters are not adjustable. is it better to use 5000k or 6500k cfls for these because i have been reading a lot of people use 6500k and the packs ive found with those 4 lights in them are 23w 5000k. is there any real difference?

Snype

Veteran
in the guide to eco moms what is this fixture called that the cfls are on
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=47880&pictureid=1117688
i know that the ones with 2 coming out of them are y splitters but this one has 3. are you able to move and adjust the splitters with 3 coming out of it because the y splitters are not adjustable. is it better to use 5000k or 6500k cfls for these because i have been reading a lot of people use 6500k and the packs ive found with those 4 lights in them are 23w 5000k. is there any real difference?

I dont know the names but the parts are common at Home Depot. The picture that you posted has 4 lights in it and is decieving. Personally I use 5000k for Veg and yes there is a difference between the colors.