What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fattie's 400W Closet

Fattie

So, I finally get the nerve up to post my progress on here for all to critique. This isn't technically my first grow, but the first one worth mentioning. :D.

I love all the information this website puts at my fingertips and I'd love to get more through this thread. Hopefully someone else can also learn from this.

I'm running 400 Watts HPS at the moment. I started out with a(n) MH Conversion bulb, but that shit was hotter than hell. Ran it vertical in a cooltube, but there wasn't quite enough room. Stepped up to this aircooled hood and switched out for an EYE Hortilux and everything seems to be working fine.

I have two bagseed females that are putting out at least as good as what else I have in here. It seems that they are putting out a lot of red in their stems. I have done QUITE a bit of research and a little bit of practice and haven't seen much of this. I think it COULD be a magnesium deficiency but the noobiness in me wants to think maybe it has some relation to Swt Tooth??? either way its cool.

Also running 4 clones of WW from two different mothers that appear to be the same phenos, but could be a max of two different ones.

Also running one Haze Special that I couldn't find too much on but is growing like a beast. Slower to show than the others and a good bit more sativa than anything I've really messed with. We will see how that goes.

My two bagseeds are in FFOF soil and I water them using GH nutes using the Lucas formula. Seems to be working fine, but I won't be sticking with soil anymore.

My 4 White Widow's by Female Seeds are in Coco Hempy buckets made from 2 liter bottles. The sizes of them vary as well as how much coco is in them. They are watered using REZDOG's "Recipe". I'm loving this way of doing things and plan to go all the way with this method next time.

My Haze Special is in a smaller Gatorade bottle hempy made from the traditional 50/50 vermiculite/perlite mix. I have added more vermiculite as it compacted though. This is watered with Lucas formula and sometimes "Recipe" when I'm lazy, but it appears to cause a Magnesium deficiency when done too often.

3 Weeks into flower so we're in for a helluva ride.:dance013::tiphat:

Fattie

Not too much posting going on... but the show must go on.

I gave all the girls a dose of koolbloom added to their feeding on the 27th day of flowering which was a few days before these pics.

The bagseed looks extremely good. It is putting out resin like crazy which is reaching almost to the end of the larger fan leaves. I'm definitely hoping the pollen I saved from the male is good, I would hate to miss out on this strain.

The bagseed plants have received lots of training to keep them in line with the rest because of them being older. The haze special has overtaken them though as expected. The haze is very sativa compared to anything else in here, or anything I've seen in person.

Here you can see the sativa structure and bud growth of the Haze Special.

The White Widow is moving along, nothing too special to note, but very nice smells coming off.

btw, this is from Female Seeds.

And also have a few photos of group shots as well as some more shots of supercropping on the bagseeds.

Definitely would love to hear from someone on how they feel about what I have going on here.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
my noobness thinks you just need a touch of N with your next feeding....cal/mag is a part of my regimen

Fattie

Looking good espicially the haze the bagseed looks like a heavy yielder.
:tiphat:
Can you get some pics of your setup.

Thanks for stoppin by and I'll do that when I take them out next.

looks prety darn good.

i love 400s

Always good to hear feedback, especially the good stuff.

Nice lineup...

Congrats

Do you like one of the strains in here particularly?

my noobness thinks you just need a touch of N with your next feeding....cal/mag is a part of my regimen

Thanks for the input and that could very well be. Using tap water with a little over 100 ppm so was hoping I could get away without it, but maybe not. Anyone else feeling the same way? Also, do you notice anything saying that on the WW? These are in Coco and don't seem to be showing the same signs IMO.

Fattie

Are you using cal/mag?
No, I never purchased any thinking that my tap was in the perfect guidelines as far as ppm goes (was kinda hoping those ppm were the right things) but it sounds like I may need it. I want to wait and see if anyone else has the same feelings i took a few more pictures of the problem.
'

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be? pH is in check. Do I need cal/mag? epsom salt?

Also, got some setup pics for ya even though the lights are on :/.

Ying and Yang. :ying:

Here you can kinda see my exhaust and pvc tent action. :dance013:

I'm kind of proud of this hopefully I can get some better pics but,
this is my home made soon to be flood table. I built it out of wood and will seal it with spray plastic. (kind of like tar in a can).

Bag seeds are like the lotto!
Hell yeah man and I think I won that shit... Can anyone else see this resin? And I dont know if I'm crazy but I'm seeing pinkish hues in the pistils.:pimp3:

nice plants 400`s rock :)
Thanks bro, I'm beginning to feel the same way.

That is one full closet. They look great.

Yeah I outgrew the closet a little bit, buts that's better than the alternative I think. Thanks for the support.

If anyone can confirm what the deficiency is in those pics that would be awesome.

Also here is some pics of the haze and WW just for shits and gigs.

Fuckin way she goes.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks great man :) I like the 400HPS myself ... been running 2 side by side perpetual for about 11 months now . Am thinkin about steppin up to 600's though ...eventually .

good luck man .

growem green & stay safe ...Dans

Fattie

Looks great man :) I like the 400HPS myself ... been running 2 side by side perpetual for about 11 months now . Am thinkin about steppin up to 600's though ...eventually .

good luck man .

growem green & stay safe ...Dans

Good luck on the upgrades bro, you should definitely drop a link in here if you have anything up on here. Yeah I would love to go pretty big, but I want to make sure I have the talent before I throw all I have into the ring.

That bagseed you were "gifted" lol was some serious smoke.

Yes sir gifted from our own PeterGriffin. Thanks man, these definitely are a winner.

The deficiency seems to be growing so I'll throw some new pics of that up here.

Hopefully someone can help me out with that. Not pH.

Also I seem to be having a problem with pests?? I see fruit flies all the time and never thought much of them but now I have these tiny white larvae in my coco hempys. They come to the top when I water and I've tried to catch them on camera but not yet. WTF can i do about these?

Somewhere in the 4th week of flowering and the haze is actually starting to grow buds. I was beginning to think it was going to look like some of the worst sativas I've seen on here, but it seems to be bossing it out. No budsite pics tonight on the haze because I'm lazy and forgot, but this shows you the super duper cropping I've been doing.

Here is a few pics of the bagseed who happens to be my main bitch.

Fattie

Keepin on Keepin on :dance013:

So I have fungus gnat larvae in my coco pots, maybe more but all that is verified. Don't seem to be having any effects so far but after reading around I noticed that some people have been having success with putting cinnamon in their pots, so I threw some in there. Still having a slight deficiency on one of the soil bagseeds, but other than that I've just been doing a BUNCH of supercropping. I think I'm going to have to put this haze outside eventually its getting to the point that I can't control it.

On the the pics: keep in mind these are phone pictures and I'm trying a few macro shots.... I can dream right?

I just took a bunch of random pics this time so here we go:

And here is a few more pics of the deficiency... Hopefully I can get some help identifying what I should do.

This is definitely getting exciting.

Fucking way she goes...

I'm lovin the cola pick lovin the bagseed everything except for the the definciency is looking great keep up the good work bro. can't wait to burn to bad you didnt get any seeds off the bagseed.

Fattie

Setup & DIY Flood Table

Setup & DIY Flood Table

There hasn't been much change to the plants and I upgraded my setup slightly.

What i did was make a DIY Ebb and Flow Table. Now, it wasn't any cheaper than you can buy an ebb and flow table, so if you can find one the appropriate size, it is better to purchase one. However, I have only one small closet to use and had to maximize my space.

I constructed the table out of wood from Lowes. Deck boards for the sides ( approx. 1"x5"). Just a flat plywood type board for the bottom.

I then siliconed all the cracks and bought two cans of this:

Maybe not the best solution but seems to work so far... Haven't filled the table with water yet though. I may paint it white later just so I can see if anything falls through the pots onto the table better, but this is what I have so far.

Before:

After:

:dance013:

There was another 2 coats applied after the pic on the left, I'm aware that it looks very thin in that picture.

Also, took the chance to snag some pics of my setup.

And Peter, I tried saving some pollen from the male bagseed, so we will see how that goes when I apply the pollen soon. :D.

Guys, I would love to find out how to make these pictures larger when I post them. Sorry you have to click every one of them to see the details....

:wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts